PDA

View Full Version : Temps G750JH

Phoeny
01-23-2014, 05:44 AM
When you boot your system and to nothing .... what temps do you get ?

I was at 70C on both Cpu & GPU right after boot

then i repasted and cleaned the system (removing the Paste-chewinggum-stuff on the Gpu was a pain)
and now i am at CPU 40C & GPU 45C after 10 min idle

that seems quite high to me for idle ... the Fans are doing almost nothing, both are spinning but very slow ...

are the temps ok ?

while gaming (ac:liberation) i get about 70C and the fans are spinning faster ... not maximum but not like in idle ...

i think its ok because nothing is overheating but like i said ... idle temps look quite high ...

angrylemon
01-23-2014, 06:22 AM
Try changing the processor power management > minimum processor state (if at 100%) under your power options. 70C for gaming isn't bad just idle seems high.

hmscott
01-23-2014, 06:28 AM
When you boot your system and to nothing .... what temps do you get ?

I was at 70C on both Cpu & GPU right after boot

then i repasted and cleaned the system (removing the Paste-chewinggum-stuff on the Gpu was a pain)
and now i am at CPU 40C & GPU 45C after 10 min idle

that seems quite high to me for idle ... the Fans are doing almost nothing, both are spinning but very slow ...

are the temps ok ?

while gaming (ac:liberation) i get about 70C and the fans are spinning faster ... not maximum but not like in idle ...

i think its ok because nothing is overheating but like i said ... idle temps look quite high ...

I was just watching a Hulu video and browsing, but let it idle for a couple of minutes, and here is what I see (G750JH):

Here are the temps at 100% CPU / GPU:

Phoeny
01-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Thank you ... but i cant find the GPu Temperature...

hmscott
01-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Thank you ... but i cant find the GPu Temperature...

You can use several programs, here are a few examples:

TechPowerUp GPU-Z - data on GPU + performance monitoring + temp
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Asus GPU Tweak
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=gpu+tweak&os=30

HWInfo, scroll down in sensors dialog for more than CPU info, including GPU temps
http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

zijian
01-23-2014, 06:33 PM
70c on idle is not normal, both on cpu or gpu, I think my cpu/gpu(g750jh) haven't reached 70c or even closed so far while gaming. 40c on cpu idle is normal I think, I got about 41/42c on cpu idle(3.6ghz without offset the voltage)

Phoeny
01-24-2014, 05:14 AM
@hmscott ...

U understood me wrong ... i can read my cpu & gpu temp on my laptop ...

but i havent seen Idle & load gpu temp on the pics you posted...

but i think i am fine ... While Gaming (2 hours) i was about 70C... max was 79C but as soon i hit 79C the fan ramped up a bit and it almost instantly dropped back to 70C

hmscott
01-24-2014, 07:59 AM
@hmscott ...
U understood me wrong ... i can read my cpu & gpu temp on my laptop ...
but i havent seen Idle & load gpu temp on the pics you posted...
but i think i am fine ... While Gaming (2 hours) i was about 70C... max was 79C but as soon i hit 79C the fan ramped up a bit and it almost instantly dropped back to 70C

I ran the 100% GPU/CPU tests, and here are the HWinfo GPU temps under the same conditions as the earlier image above for CPU temps - I added a simultaneous Furmark to keep the GPU utilization up, the BOINC tasks are too variable to keep the heat on.

Phoeny
01-24-2014, 08:25 PM
how did u manage to only get 70C ?

since day one my system always maxed out @ 80C

Darnassus
01-25-2014, 03:36 AM
On idle, all below 40. Room temp is 30*C 770m on lowest at 37, cpu 39, motherboard at 40.

Gaming most / all reach a max of 75? Never getting 80.

KoolASUS
01-25-2014, 11:24 AM
some stress tests give strange results : in XTU, the memory stress gives higher temps (78 max) than CPU stress (75 max) (5 mn test)

cinebench 15 : only 73

(overclock +100 MHz)

hmscott
01-27-2014, 12:43 PM
how did u manage to only get 70C ?

since day one my system always maxed out @ 80C

Phoeny, I wouldn't sweat it. That isn't a bad max temp.

You re-pasted, and it is different material than Asus used. When Asus does a good paste application / assembly, which is most of the time, then you get what I am seeing, when they don't you get what you saw.

You might be upfront with Asus, describe the situation and RMA it to get Asus to do a re-paste with the material they use, then you can see the same temps I am seeing. As long as you didn't break any parts in the process, Asus will be cool about the RMA - they know their customers :)

Phoeny
01-27-2014, 01:13 PM
my problem is i dont have a Backup system ....

Thats why i always repaste my systems myself.
I know what i am doing. I maintain my Hardware since i was 8 years old without any help & never broke a single Piece of hardware.
I always had 2-5C lower temps than Stock after repaste on any Machine i had (1 Asus, 1 Acer , 1 Noname).

But it dont goes in my Head how you get lower temps than me, even when i did a 99% flawless Job.

i am not using a Cheap Paste (arctic Silver 5).

If it isnīt cool enough i donīt want someone to fix it for me ... i want to know why it isnīt working as expected and fix it myself...

i never needed rma ... and i donīt want to need it ...

hmscott
01-27-2014, 01:30 PM
my problem is i dont have a Backup system ....
Thats why i always repaste my systems myself.
I know what i am doing. I maintain my Hardware since i was 8 years old without any help & never broke a single Piece of hardware.
I always had 2-5C lower temps than Stock after repaste on any Machine i had (1 Asus, 1 Acer , 1 Noname).
But it dont goes in my Head how you get lower temps than me, even when i did a 99% flawless Job.
i am not using a Cheap Paste (arctic Silver 5).
If it isnīt cool enough i donīt want someone to fix it for me ... i want to know why it isnīt working as expected and fix it myself...
i never needed rma ... and i donīt want to need it ...

I doubt it is your fault Phoeny, it is possible that the fit of the components and / or the fitness of the components isn't correct - there could be a defect.

Since you are sure of your work, I would assume it is component fitness not your technique. Which means it is as good as it is going to get without sending it back for replacement components from Asus. You might write up the RMA that way, just so Asus doesn't try a simple re-paste - insist on new cooling hardware.

Phoeny
01-27-2014, 02:45 PM
hmm.... ok .... i hope they dont reject the Rma because i had it open ...

I dont know how it works in the US ... but here in Austria Companyīs reject rma if they hear anything about opening the Laptop ...
If you open the Laptop here they treat you like you have beaten up your Laptop with a miner's hammer....

do you rly think they be willing to fix/replace my Laptop?

hmscott
01-27-2014, 09:20 PM
hmm.... ok .... i hope they dont reject the Rma because i had it open ...

I dont know how it works in the US ... but here in Austria Companyīs reject rma if they hear anything about opening the Laptop ...
If you open the Laptop here they treat you like you have beaten up your Laptop with a miner's hammer....

do you rly think they be willing to fix/replace my Laptop?

IDK, but at least you will know early on that the G750 will or won't get support over the next 2 years...if they discover it as part of the servicing the RMA they will definitely flag it, so better to discuss up front.

You want to talk to a manager, ask to escalate to a manager that is a decision maker, tell the front line people it is a sensitive discussion you wish to only have once with a decision making manager.

Just be truthful and explain the extreme temps you had when you received it, and explain you needed it for work/whatever you needed it for, how even after a good re-pasting it is 10C over what you expect, and that now you can take the time needed to get it serviced.

I wouldn't go on long about how many times you have re-pasted, or how good you are at re-pasting. Just leave it at: you did a good job and it is better but still 10C over expectation, and you think it must be a cooling component problem.

You might ask that if you send it Fedex next day, if they can return it the same after repairs. That will shorten the wait a bit on either end :)

You don't have anything to lose, you already pulled it apart and if you want to get it serviced for another problem later the opening will be discovered during the RMA then, you might as well get it handled while you have a fresh reason for having opened it.

Be nice, they will be doing you a favor, and be apologetic for putting them in this situation, and be patient as this may take a few long calls. Be prepared, to be on the phone a while :)

Phoeny
01-27-2014, 11:42 PM
ok .... i ll try... thank you