PDA

View Full Version : Multiple monitors on the G750JH?

jpriest
01-24-2014, 07:29 AM
Is it possible to run 2 or more monitors off of the Thunderbolt DisplayPort?

I'd like to do a 3 or 4 monitor set up (including notebook display) but don't know the best way to go about it.... I know it's possible to daisy-chain Thunderbolt devices but have not tried it.

Other options seem to be to use a combination of VGA, HDMI and Thunderbolt ports but not sure use of one port will cancel out/override the others.

Last (and worst) option would be to use 2-3 USB DisplayLink (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038P1TP4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0038P1TP4&linkCode=as2&tag=jernixsblo-20) devices which rely on the CPU to render display. I'd like to avoid this if possible.

Any help would be appreciated!

Mentz
01-24-2014, 12:04 PM
When you connect new monitor, you can use fn + f8 or nvidia panel control to extend the desktop, but i'm not sure if you can extend the desktop to 2 monitor. you can give it a try...

Darnassus
01-24-2014, 01:54 PM
I think off of one Thunderbolt plug, you can only hook up a max of two monitors via daisy chain, then one through the VGA and another through the HDMI.

If you do that, you might need to close your screen though.. not sure.

Just know your graphics card has a limit with how many displays it can support, the resolutions and pixels ( I think )

Just FYI..

Thunderbolt Daisy Chain is from your laptop, to the first screen, then the first screen to the second screen. Both screens are plugged into power of course. Not sure how this is for gaming.

VGA, HDMI and Thunderbolt shouldn't clash. I think 4 monitor display is a little too extreme though. :3