PDA

View Full Version : Just got my G750

Zwilliams
01-25-2014, 01:32 PM
Got got my G750 and i love it, had some problems with the wifi adapter, but updated to 8.1 and downloaded fresh drivers works perfect. love how it came with 12g of ram and a 770M, i was doing some looking around on updating the ram and getting an ssd. will this make it void. if not should i even mess with the ram and just go for the ssd? and is there a list of the bloat ware i can get rid of on this bad boy. thanks for the help ahead of time.

GeForce GTX 770M
i7-4700HQ @ 2.40GHz
12 Gb Ram

getjohnalive
01-25-2014, 03:15 PM
I see you've got a G750JX, I also have this laptop too. but I got it with 16gb Ram without SSD. so I had to buy an Intel SSD later...If you want to buy additional RAM for this laptop just make sure that you buy DDR3 Low Power (DDR3L, 1.35V) up to 1600Mhz. however I never upgraded RAM on this laptop because my G750JX has enough Ram for me.

for the SSD, just look for Intel SSD, they're fast. but buy SSD first and you can buy RAM later....

Darnassus
01-25-2014, 04:47 PM
You can upgrade the ram and the hard drive to your hearts content. Just don't open the case. The panel on the back is your limit and inside the unit you have 4 DIMM slots. Now you say you have 12 gigs ram, so that's 3x 4gig sticks. When you open the machine, one slot will be unpopulated.

The other two sticks are inside the actual case on the other side of the motherboard. So I'm afraid the highest you'll be going to is 16gb by adding an extra 4 gig stick.

( MAKE SURE it is 1.35volt 1600mhz or you die )

Clarification:
You can only access TWO slots of ram, and the two hard disks without voiding the warranty.

( I might be wrong, but this is as far as I know. )

Zwilliams
01-26-2014, 08:49 PM
sweet thank you guys for the info. and yea i can see one stick and an empty slot, was wondering where the outer two were. i was looking at the Intel 240gb. but thanks for all of the info again. Lovein how nice it is.

Darnassus
01-27-2014, 12:07 PM
sweet thank you guys for the info. and yea i can see one stick and an empty slot, was wondering where the outer two were. i was looking at the Intel 240gb. but thanks for all of the info again. Lovein how nice it is.

You're most welcome, hope you enjoy shredding it up on your JX. :3

getjohnalive
01-27-2014, 01:12 PM

I have Intel 530 Series with 240 GB and it is really fast Intel SSD. Find an Intel SSD and you've never regret it...lol