PDA

View Full Version : G750JX-CV151H - Question about the new GPU driver

sevymar
01-25-2014, 10:46 PM
Did anyone update their Nvidia driver to 332.21?
I currently have version 327.02 and everything is working perfectly so i do not see why i should update it.

I have read some threads where people were starting to have issues with their GPU driver after installing to a newer version.

Mentz
01-25-2014, 10:58 PM
My factory drivers are 311.93, I tried to update a couple of time and i got BSOD (with black screen) and a loooong time to start up.
The common hint is to update when appear in the asus support download page...
I'm formatting my system because one of these "wrong" GPU update, messed up all notebook and asus support recommended me to
resstart with a new install from recovery...

PS: we got the same GPU...

getjohnalive
01-26-2014, 01:22 AM
is your G750JX have 3D Display?
my G750JX (no 3D Display) is working well with the latest Nvidia Graphic driver downloaded from Nvidia.com.

sevymar
01-26-2014, 09:40 AM
is your G750JX have 3D Display?
my G750JX (no 3D Display) is working well with the latest Nvidia Graphic driver downloaded from Nvidia.com.
Ya it has 3D Vision / stereoscopic.

getjohnalive
01-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Ya it has 3D Vision / stereoscopic.

ok....maybe thats why you're having trouble installing the latest Nvidia graphic driver....
.many users who have G750JX with 3D Dispaly are reporting problems when installing nVidia Graphic Driver from nvidia.com...

sevymar
01-26-2014, 02:23 PM
ok....maybe thats why you're having trouble installing the latest Nvidia graphic driver....
.many users who have G750JX with 3D Dispaly are reporting problems when installing nVidia Graphic Driver from nvidia.com...
Well i didn't install it yet though.
I'm not sure if i should or if i will mess up and i wouldn't want to waste my time reverting the drivers.

Same question goes with my Bios, i have currently v207 but v209 is available, though i'm not confident enough to update it, what if things are starting to mess up from that point? :p

Nehmia
01-26-2014, 03:13 PM
I have the 3D Version , if I install any driver otherthan the ones from ASUS my system wouldn't even boot or would behave very strangely

This is the best driver for me 311.93 (http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win8_64_VER918131193.zip), but I'm on Windows 7 since I've given up on that pile of crap called 8 or 8.1

getjohnalive
01-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Well i didn't install it yet though.
I'm not sure if i should or if i will mess up and i wouldn't want to waste my time reverting the drivers.

Same question goes with my Bios, i have currently v207 but v209 is available, though i'm not confident enough to update it, what if things are starting to mess up from that point? :p

ok..but you can install the latest GPU driver from ASUS Support site for your G750JX with 3D Display. GPU Drivers downloaded from ASUS might work, because they're modified by ASUS to support your 3D Display.

I have updated my G750JX to BIOS v209 from BIOS v208, and everything are working as normal, no issues.
but this BIOS update does not fix GPU Driver installation problem...it is only fix for WHQL .

sevymar
01-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Ok thank you for the replies.
I will wait calmly for ASUS to add a new GPU driver available for the JX.

Though, the "latest GPU driver" at ASUS site says v9.18.13.1193, but i currently have v9.18.13.2702.
I never did any NVIDIA driver update since i bought it but everything is working as normal. :)

gazzacbr
01-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Hi,
i have 327.23 direct from nVidia on win 8.1 and win 7 and have no problems.
they are both clean installs. well 8.1 was web update to clean win 8.
what i didnt do was install any of the asus power manager stuff. only the atk for the function keys.

"pile of crap called 8 or 8.1 " hey, dont come here with yer fancy techincal talk :D
it just takes a bit of getting used to. my 8.1 boots direct to the desktop. i have a few short cuts in the sidebar and if i press win-key and start typing the prog name its there for me to click.
yes, metro is a pile of crap on a pc but its easy to not use it.
oops, off topic again ;)