PDA

View Full Version : Realbench v2 [Discussion Thread/Download Links]

Pages : [1] 2 3

_
01-27-2014, 09:09 AM
v2 Leaderboard Link (http://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/)

Download Link (see leaderboard for latest version download (https://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/))

Offline Upload Link (http://rog.asus.com/realbench/)

v2 FAQ (http://rog.asus.com/299142014/news/rog-realbench-v2-faq/)

Achievements List (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40772-Realbench-v2-Unlock-List)

Stress testing and benchmarking insights (http://rog.asus.com/275272013/overclocking/realbench-benchmarking-stress-test-insights/)

meankeys
01-27-2014, 09:33 AM
Let the games begin

Congratulations!

Thank You for all the hard work you guy's put in to this awesome piece of software.
We appreciate everything you do for us here @ ROG

_
01-27-2014, 09:48 AM
And yesss I got an early King Of All badge muhahaha XD

paulpicks21
01-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Nice one, time to have some fun :D

ganji
01-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Nice 1, Have fun folks :D

Myk SilentShadow
01-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Nice!! great score there MarshallR!! :D downloading v2 right now...though, it's not the weather for OCing for me :(

HiVizMan
01-27-2014, 12:11 PM
And yesss I got an early King Of All badge muhahaha XD

That lasted for oh 17 seconds... :D :D

paulpicks21
01-27-2014, 12:20 PM
I don't expect to be at the top for very long myself, but it's nice to be there for a little while :D

_
01-27-2014, 03:44 PM
That lasted for oh 17 seconds... :D :D

I'm still the fastest LGA1150 system! :D 5GHz on 2 cores, 4.8 on 3, 4.7 on 4 all under water.

Myk SilentShadow
01-27-2014, 03:52 PM
It's great to see you joining in MarshallR!!!

Rockford
01-27-2014, 03:54 PM
what does this mean>
Unlocks what, where?

Myk SilentShadow
01-27-2014, 04:05 PM
They are achievement badges Bro :)

Barefooter
01-27-2014, 04:28 PM
I'll be loading this up and running it as soon as I get home from work today!

Nodens
01-27-2014, 05:00 PM
I don't expect to be at the top for very long myself, but it's nice to be there for a little while :D

Umm I just had to have an optimized run in the table now that it's early..so..sorry! :p

chrsplmr
01-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Where are the AMD 'Kings' ??? ... yippity skippity .. lol.

I confess, I watched for this like a 'hawk' as to get a first shot at running it
AMD style [what I figured as my only shot at 'a crown' .. lol] drat .. I missed
the window .. now to crank this puppy up and see how she barks.

.. this is awesome .. thnx all involved. It's a great day to be a ROG.
[ .. ok .. so is everyday.]
Congrats M .. it's good to be the King. .c.

Arne Saknussemm
01-27-2014, 06:19 PM
Good stuff! more benching fun the better!....from Nodens score I see there is plenty to learn with this....

chrsplmr
01-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Arne .. yikes. nice work. .c.

Arne Saknussemm
01-27-2014, 07:46 PM
chrs! thanks that's kind of you :o not as good as our gamekeeper turned poacher...his score has me intrigued.

One of my terrible Titan twins is going back to the shop at the moment so the rig is at half mast...

Not done so badly yourself I see;)....your cooling working well?

Nodens
01-27-2014, 08:17 PM
That score was made on the stripped Win8.1 Pro I'm making. It still has room to strip it more though :) (Plus a million OS level optimizations heheh).

EDIT: Oh and I almost forgot, the clock has been raised to 4.7 during the run and reduced back to 4.5 on the Heavy Multi test as that one was crashing on anything above 4.5. So the 4.5 recorded by RB at the end is misleading. On a last note some secondary and tertiary timings are pushed with Memtweakit after boot because I couldn't boot with them (eg tREFI) :) Only way I could achieve anything higher than that is by stripping 8.1 even more. The system is at its limit (or slightly above that to be precise).

HiVizMan
01-27-2014, 08:27 PM
Same one you sent me or a reworked version?

Nodens
01-27-2014, 08:30 PM
The one I sent you was Win8. This is the 8.1 I'm working on. It's further stripped than that 8 I had sent you but still has a lot of work to be done and at this point of stripping it needs some other way of installation (probably imaging) or heavy post install script in order to share it. Lots of quirks on that department to solve. You know you'll get it first when I'm done with it Viz ;)

EDIT: And Arne, stop being lazy and go above me already :p Or did you stop there just to let me stay at that spot for an hour? :p

ganji
01-27-2014, 08:52 PM
My score was done on the Beta version just before the final went live, I don't know if the scoring would be any different.
There's some nice scores going up and the leader board is growing well fast :D

Nodens
01-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Nothing different in the scoring. Differences from the last beta are only cosmetic.

ganji
01-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Nothing different in the scoring. Differences from the last beta are only cosmetic.

Nice 1 :D

IM2L844
01-27-2014, 10:36 PM
Thanks for this, Nodens! I'll have lots of fun with it and I might even submit a score or two. How does one get on the waiting list for a copy of the stripped 8.1 pro?

_
01-28-2014, 01:24 AM
what does this mean>
Unlocks what, where?

We couldn't fit in the word "achievements" - was too long :(

Menthol
01-28-2014, 02:27 AM
Nodens, very fine score, comparing yours against Arne's, what the hell Arne?

The stripped 8.1, the adult version, you must show ID to prove your over 21

Nodens
01-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Heh thanks! Guys when I'm done with that stripped 8.1 I'll share it:) I'm on a quest to make the perfect bencher's Windows OS image heh.

Meanwhile, tip of the day: Disable EFS

"fsutil behavior set disableencryption 1"

or in registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\FileSystem" set NtfsDisableEncryption to 1

Myk SilentShadow
01-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Care to share why we're disabling it mate in my tips and tweaks thread?

Nodens
01-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Care to share why we're disabling it mate in my tips and tweaks thread?

Feel free to add it. EFS is the encryption feature of NTFS. It has overhead. Even if you are not encrypting stuff with it. So unless you're actually using EFS, disabling it will save a few cycles that add up to the rest of the tweaks:)

EDIT: Do not try this if you've enabled encryption (eg the User directory) as it will render the encrypted files inaccessible.

paulpicks21
01-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Umm I just had to have an optimized run in the table now that it's early..so..sorry! :p

Lol, no worries.

I managed to improve my score a little but I will have to try out your stripped down OS to get any further I think :)

Myk SilentShadow
01-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Feel free to add it. EFS is the encryption feature of NTFS. It has overhead. Even if you are not encrypting stuff with it. So unless you're actually using EFS, disabling it will save a few cycles that add up to the rest of the tweaks:)

EDIT: Do not try this if you've enabled encryption (eg the User directory) as it will render the encrypted files inaccessible.

Thanks mate, updated the thread

Nodens
01-28-2014, 01:45 PM
Uploading the previous 8 image, I had sent to Viz. It's fast enough compared to what you guys are using right now heh. And only 1.5GB. The plan is to make the 8.1 one closer to 800mb :p

EDIT: And apart from being stripped it has certain obscure tweaks already pre-applied ;)

Myk SilentShadow
01-28-2014, 02:09 PM
Uploading the previous 8 image, I had sent to Viz. It's fast enough compared to what you guys are using right now heh. And only 1.5GB. The plan is to make the 8.1 one closer to 800mb :p

EDIT: And apart from being stripped it has certain obscure tweaks already pre-applied ;)

My video reply

http://youtu.be/Zm4OkBnajmI

:p

Arne Saknussemm
01-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Uploading the previous 8 image, I had sent to Viz. It's fast enough compared to what you guys are using right now heh. And only 1.5GB. The plan is to make the 8.1 one closer to 800mb :pEDIT: And apart from being stripped it has certain obscure tweaks already pre-applied ;)Thanks Nodens! Very good of you to share that hard work! :-)

EDIT: where did you upload it...to your private linux in house server hehe?

My video reply

I am not undersandink zis ferry vell....you is vonting to see Nodens shtrippt Ja?!

Nodens
01-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Rofl! Whoever wants the stripped 8, send me a PM, I'll get get back to you with a link in the morning:)

Barefooter
01-28-2014, 10:41 PM
I just scored a 81,262 with Real Bench 2.0. Seems like a decent score for just running two 7950s with a 4770k

meankeys
01-28-2014, 11:49 PM
Rofl! Whoever wants the stripped 8, send me a PM, I'll get get back to you with a link in the morning:)

Thanks Nodens

I like to see those pictures lol

paulpicks21
01-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the download Nodens.

Silly me, being a Windows 7 user I forgot that you need a Windows 8 product key before you can even install it. No 30 days free like Windows 7 doh.
I am into benching but not into it enough to buy Windows 8 so that is the end of the road for me on that.

Thanks anyway.

Paul.

HiVizMan
01-30-2014, 01:54 PM
I might just play with you guys when I have a free moment. But what I can tell you is this, 125K is not that far off the radar as a target.

Myk SilentShadow
01-30-2014, 02:16 PM
I might just play with you guys when I have a free moment.

~coughs~ yeah, i'm not gonna lol

chrsplmr
01-31-2014, 02:08 AM
I might just play with you guys when I have a free moment. But what I can tell you is this, 125K is not that far off the radar as a target.

'We' have been patiently waiting .. i'm get'n popcorn. .c.

Arne Saknussemm
01-31-2014, 03:25 PM
Well big thanks to Nodens for the OS....ran it and got me a bit more but my encoding and multitasking still way off and couldn't get a king of all badge!

I have a lot to learn still...

:D

meankeys
01-31-2014, 04:33 PM
Hay Nodens
Could I trouble you for a copy of your stripped and tweaked ho I mean win 8
Thank You

Zoomer360
01-31-2014, 11:02 PM
Hello!
I have a 7th Place in LeaderBoard http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=325
Have a nice Day ^_^ :)

meankeys
02-01-2014, 03:01 AM
Hay Nodens
Thank you so much for that feature in the login were it remembers your email address.
You Da Man

Menthol
02-01-2014, 03:57 AM
Hay Nodens
Could I trouble you for a copy of your stripped and tweaked ho I mean win 8
Thank You

Same here Noden's

Menthol
02-01-2014, 04:38 AM
Well I don't know about anyone else but I feel better, still so much more to get by tweaking

HiVizMan
02-01-2014, 10:10 AM
I will place that OS in the ROG team folder for the guys if you like.

Menthol
02-01-2014, 12:52 PM
I can now see what you mean by 125k being possible, Nodens is running so much more efficiently than me

Arne Saknussemm
02-01-2014, 12:53 PM
but I feel better

LOL :D nice one Menthol......how I miss my second GPU...yes there is quite a bit to learn here somewhere....plenty to be squeezed out of these CPUs yet...

Myk SilentShadow
02-01-2014, 02:06 PM

Am I missing something here?

chrsplmr
02-01-2014, 03:35 PM

... ummm .. Where is the 'ROG team folder' ??? .c.

Menthol
02-01-2014, 07:30 PM
The folder has been mentioned several times, ask the Man.

Arne,
If we could ever learn to make our systems half as efficient as Noden can, his score is with lower clocks, looser timings and still very hard to beat

Arne Saknussemm
02-01-2014, 07:46 PM
So true!... I am seriously intrigued have to look into handbrake etc. find out what's going on...

chrsplmr
02-01-2014, 10:26 PM
... ummm .. Where is the 'ROG team folder' ??? .c.

geeeez .. couldn't 'somebody' just pm this guy with the link ??? .c.

Menthol
02-01-2014, 11:42 PM
HiVizMan Said - will place that OS in the ROG team folder for the guys if you like.

Viz has a team folder, it is not in the folder at this time, I do not have any other link myself

paulpicks21
02-02-2014, 10:51 AM
With a little help I managed to get up and running with the stripped 8.
I am still struggling to increase my score by much but did manage to get 105K.

Dr. Zchivago
02-05-2014, 11:52 AM
So, it looks like I've got the fastest FX-8320, and 11th overall for AMD.
All of you FX-8350 guys had better watch out... I'm coming for you.

Z

Edit: Make that 7th AMD overall.

Edit: 6th AMD

Myk SilentShadow
02-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Hi ROG Team,

I really like the ROG Realbench software and I would like to modify it for my own personal testing purposes. Where can I download the source code?

Thank!

- David

(ps: before anyone shoots me down, I'm asking for the source code because both GIMP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP) is produced under the and Blender (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blender_%28software%29) are open source under the GPLv3(+) license. This license requires any modified public versions of the software to be open source too (source: "But if you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program's users, under the GPL." (https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLRequireSourcePostedPublic))

You've already been told twice that you won't be getting it. Nodens has already stated that only one component was modified and he included the link to where his modified source code is stored. Nothing else has been modified, only included and linked to...so there's no need to share the source code.

Dr. Zchivago
02-05-2014, 04:32 PM
I couldn't help but notice that the Leaderboard lists my CPU clock at ~1500 MHz (which is obviously preposterous). I've made multiple uploads; how can I correct that (or, does it even matter)?

Z

Zoomer360
02-06-2014, 01:41 AM
hello, why You not delete cheater from first place? or his 987543256278935628 result it is true points? :D

Nodens
02-06-2014, 10:15 AM
I couldn't help but notice that the Leaderboard lists my CPU clock at ~1500 MHz (which is obviously preposterous). I've made multiple uploads; how can I correct that (or, does it even matter)?

Z

Run the benchmark with High Performance power profile so that you CPU does not downclock.(You should be doing this anyway as that profile is faster).

hello, why You not delete cheater from first place? or his 987543256278935628 result it is true points? :D

Because it takes some time to get it deleted. It's deleted now and new version that fixes the issue will be up soon (it was ready the moment it happened..just has to get onto the rog servers).

Zoomer360
02-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Nice! ^_^

chrsplmr
02-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Menthol ++ ... outstanding. Memory 2700+ ? WOW and Yikes. .c.

samual
02-07-2014, 02:35 AM
@meankeys

Great clocks, nice score, Gonna have to delid my chip to catch you.

meankeys
02-07-2014, 03:36 AM
Thanks Sammy

Zoomer360
02-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Hello, i got 2 results - 1 Intel + 1 AMD = but in global leaderboard i can see only one my result, why?
This i see only on crosshair filter:
http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=566
How to add this in global leaderboard without deleting my Intel result.
AMD Phenom II X6 (Thuban) - 57698 - its best Thuban result here.

Ambidexter
02-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi Nodens, MarshallR, HiVizMan,

I love your RB software, thanks to you & Asus for providing it.

What I'm wondering is have you seen some sort of issue where the CPU indication in RB would be "0" while either a bench or stress was running? I was experimenting with changing VCCIO and/or VCCSA, with an eye on increasing stability.(I've encountered a number of different BSOD, freezes, Nvidia crashes, etc. when pushing my OC) As I was testing this, I noticed that the CPU indication in RB would be "0". That happened when the test was going, when the 'puter was idle, and even during both bench and stress testing.

Once I started doing "auto" again, after my testing was done, I noticed the CPU indicator was working again in RB. Could it have been the voltage that caused it, or the executable or DLL was corrupted from my 'puter crashing (and having to rebuild RAID and scan disk for errors)?

Also, as a feature request, I'd like there to be a checkbox on the initial GUI, before starting a bench or stress test, which lets us leave a log entry in an event log. I'd like this as I'd not have to write down when a test started, with what parameters (i.e. duration/memory/stress or bench) so I can see how long it ran before it died or the 'puter BSOD'ed.

It might also be useful if the app would look for this entry in the event log, and report the next time it started "last run was a stress test that requested 8GB memory, and 8 hour duration. It ran for 6 hrs 35 minutes until the system crashed or was reset." (after looking for the proper boot and "system shutdown unexpected" events) If the run was successful and/or produced a score, these could be reported on the next run.

Again thanks for the software!

Cheers,

-Ambi

Myk SilentShadow
02-10-2014, 01:52 AM
Hello, i got 2 results - 1 Intel + 1 AMD = but in global leaderboard i can see only one my result, why?
This i see only on crosshair filter:
How to add this in global leaderboard without deleting my Intel result.
AMD Phenom II X6 (Thuban) - 57698 - its best Thuban result here.

Go to the Leaderboard, see all those drop down menus? click on the one on the far right and change it to view all scores by all users :)

Zoomer360
02-10-2014, 07:23 AM
oh thanks! :)

Myk SilentShadow
02-10-2014, 12:25 PM
oh thanks! :)

No problem at all :)

Nodens
02-11-2014, 11:19 AM
What I'm wondering is have you seen some sort of issue where the CPU indication in RB would be "0" while either a bench or stress was running? I was experimenting with changing VCCIO and/or VCCSA, with an eye on increasing stability.(I've encountered a number of different BSOD, freezes, Nvidia crashes, etc. when pushing my OC) As I was testing this, I noticed that the CPU indication in RB would be "0". That happened when the test was going, when the 'puter was idle, and even during both bench and stress testing.

Once I started doing "auto" again, after my testing was done, I noticed the CPU indicator was working again in RB. Could it have been the voltage that caused it, or the executable or DLL was corrupted from my 'puter crashing (and having to rebuild RAID and scan disk for errors)?

System instability can cause this. What kind of system instability it's impossible to know unless someone is examining the system with a kernel debugger in real time. And even then that would just narrow it down. It wouldn't pinpoint anything. Use some logic though. If resetting values to auto fixes it then it means there is no corruption of the files and it was induced by the settings.

Also, as a feature request, I'd like there to be a checkbox on the initial GUI, before starting a bench or stress test, which lets us leave a log entry in an event log. I'd like this as I'd not have to write down when a test started, with what parameters (i.e. duration/memory/stress or bench) so I can see how long it ran before it died or the 'puter BSOD'ed.

It might also be useful if the app would look for this entry in the event log, and report the next time it started "last run was a stress test that requested 8GB memory, and 8 hour duration. It ran for 6 hrs 35 minutes until the system crashed or was reset." (after looking for the proper boot and "system shutdown unexpected" events) If the run was successful and/or produced a score, these could be reported on the next run.

Accessing the event log is not a good idea for a multitude of reasons. To list a couple:
a) Implementation is different on each Windows version and would need catering for all.
b) Instability could cause the event log to get corrupted in a way that could be hard to recover.

This could be done with a text file instead in RB's directory BUT instability could also cause this to be corrupted and useless. Also there is no chance of having the granularity you suggest, if you write every second to the file updating it with the current timing value then it's 100% certain that the file would get corrupted on unstable systems making it again useless and possibly creating problems with RB itself because it can not account for every possible way it could get corrupted or parse randomly garbled data.
So in the case of a freeze you can already see the timer on RB. In the case of a stop error, you would get a corrupted file that showed nothing or the last time RB wrote to it. Assuming a 5-10 minute interval you may get something useful as there's less of a chance for a crash to happen during a write but there's still the chance of memory corruption that would cause the file to be written with gibberish multiple times before a crash actually happens so again that defeats the purprose.
So to sum it up. This is a feature that would only be useful in the case of system instability but due to the nature of system instability there's 95% chance that it won't provide any useful data (in case it's a blind write..if there's also reading of the file it can also cause issues). With this in mind it is not worth the time required to implement it.

Ambidexter
02-13-2014, 12:07 AM
My thought is really a start record in a log, not necessarily the event log, and a stop record when stopped by hand or upon completion. Showing something on the start page displaying the last few runs or something is just a way to use those data easier than looking in the text file. The "log" checkbox just makes it easier than changing a settings file.

BTW, I think I've fixed my Nvidia driver crashing issue. I relates to upgrades not uninstalling completely and not installing all related software, like 3D, Experience, etc. just graphics and physx drivers. I'll document when testing is finished.

Cheers,

-Ambi

-Ambi

Zoomer360
02-15-2014, 02:10 AM
Hello, why GPU named ASUS ARES have detection:
http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=533
and ASUS Poseidon no have detection:
http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=630
http://pix.academ.org/img/2014/02/15/9fd5974b57d5fd982a52ee38008ba435.png
ASUS Matrix 7970/R9 280X too no have detection, why, it is ROG hardware in ROG benchmatk right?

Nodens
02-15-2014, 04:47 PM
My thought is really a start record in a log, not necessarily the event log, and a stop record when stopped by hand or upon completion. Showing something on the start page displaying the last few runs or something is just a way to use those data easier than looking in the text file. The "log" checkbox just makes it easier than changing a settings file.

Plese read my previous answer again because you obviously did not understand it.

Hello, why GPU named ASUS ARES have detection:
http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=533
and ASUS Poseidon no have detection:
http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=630

http://pix.academ.org/img/2014/02/15/9fd5974b57d5fd982a52ee38008ba435.png
ASUS Matrix 7970/R9 280X too no have detection, why, it is ROG hardware in ROG benchmatk right?

RB enumerates the adapters then matches them in the registry and gets their names. So whatever is in the registry is whatever it will show. And that is whatever is in the driver INF files that also shows in the Device Manager. It has nothing to do with ROG or the benchmark. It's what I get from the system and that is outside my control. It's OS+driver land.

Zoomer360
02-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Hi, im understand You, thanks for answer. And can You "reconstruct" ROG RealBench Hardware Detection on Subsystem Id based detection? (like last version AIDA64)
I mean its be nice and right :) Matrix 7970 be Matrix 7970, Matrix 280X be Matrix 280X, Poseidon be Poseidon, thanks. Just i wanna select ROG hardware from the rest. (sorry for my bad english)

jaggerwild
02-18-2014, 02:48 AM
The V2 link on the first page doesn't work? Anyone got a link? Opps got it, didn't wait long enough

Nodens
02-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Hi, im understand You, thanks for answer. And can You "reconstruct" ROG RealBench Hardware Detection on Subsystem Id based detection? (like last version AIDA64)
I mean its be nice and right :) Matrix 7970 be Matrix 7970, Matrix 280X be Matrix 280X, Poseidon be Poseidon, thanks. Just i wanna select ROG hardware from the rest. (sorry for my bad english)

I could but it's a full time job maintaining a full database of cards and hardware ids, would need lots of work and very frequent updates to add new cards etc. AIDA64 is a general system information tool that is not free. That work is justified on their side. It's not for RB though.

chrsplmr
02-18-2014, 08:31 PM
No 'King's' on AMD's ? hmmm .. Must beat the 111001 of sirMenthol ?

Zoomer360
02-18-2014, 08:53 PM
Thanks, Nodens, im understand, im so sorry, Good Luck! :)

Zoomer360
02-22-2014, 03:43 AM
im in top 10 ^_^ this my maximum freqency on 1.355v vcore with H110 - 4760/2430 Mhz

meankeys
02-22-2014, 03:57 AM
Menthol... Here I come :)

I just submitted a 109692 sorry no screen shot of that one

Arne Saknussemm
02-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Nice score meankeys!....hmm have to get back to this bench...

Menthol! you got another monster 3930K? Have you been binning or is this just par for the course with your skill annd the chiller....what temp is the water in your loop for these.....

I am thinking I need a chiller or phase change or something here...just not cold enough for ambient cooling most of the year...which chiller do you and Zka have...like what capacity....

Menthol
02-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Good morning Arne, or probably evening for you, I am embarrassed to say how many CPU's I have purchased this last month, this one is not quite as good as the last chip but I got a little tired of binning one at a time. the chiller is a 1/2 hp model, I turn it on let it get to as low temp as it will go, about 4 degrees then run one or two benchmarks and turn it off and let the chiller catch back up again, It's not like any - temps, but I'm not setting outside in a blizzard freezing my cahonnes off

Arne Saknussemm
02-22-2014, 01:45 PM
OK thanks Menthol...I was wondering...it's just the few days of cold we had here I went to 5.2 GHz nice and easy so I was wondering if I just get some cooling sorted...but of course binning will help...good on you! looks like you have a good result. Looking forward to more nice scores there.

You got a link to the make and model of the cooler so I can get an idea of price..?

Menthol
02-22-2014, 03:36 PM
http://www.aquatuning.de/product_info.php/info/p2693_Durchlaufk-hler-Hailea-Ultra-Titan-1500--HC500-790Watt-K-lteleistung-.html

Menthol
02-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Meankeys,
How come your memory isn't clocked higher?

meankeys
02-22-2014, 08:43 PM
It's a new board. Still trying to figure it all out. 4.8 is a bump in the road at the moment.

jaggerwild
02-23-2014, 01:20 AM
My score "philly Cheese steak"
7970, 3930K @4920 first run, I'll try next time. I see my team mate in the video SLPAVE ;)

Edit running sub zero with my rad in the wnidow, its chilly in Minnesota Ehh! :p

Menthol
02-23-2014, 03:02 AM
Nice going jaggerwild, that is chilly

_
02-23-2014, 09:25 AM
A maximum of 40C?? Push it moooree!

jaggerwild
02-23-2014, 01:33 PM
A maximum of 40C?? Push it moooree! I will! ;)

I shut off a few back ground things, I'll tweak it more another time33667

meankeys
02-25-2014, 03:26 AM
Nice run Jag

Check out the tweaks thread and add a few more points :)

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35793-ROG-Benchmarking-Tweaks-amp-Tips&country=&status=

Zoomer360
02-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Hello, why im not get achivement @AMD + Intel@ if i have both platforms on ROG Extreme motherboards with OC
Rampage IV Extreme + Crosshair IV Extreme:
http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=837

Getting the Best of Both - Upload BOTH a Crosshair and a Maximus/Rampage result I do something wrong?

Nodens
02-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Looks like an achievement bug. We'll look into it. Thanks!

Zoomer360
02-26-2014, 11:20 AM
After fixing problem with achivement, i need retest RB on both platforms, or i just get achievement immediately?

Myk SilentShadow
02-26-2014, 11:24 AM
After fixing problem with achivement, i need retest RB on both platforms, or i just get achievement immediately?

Do you have version 2.1?

Zoomer360
02-26-2014, 11:35 AM
yes and today i got two submissions on intel and amd with new version 2.1. but still no have this achievement... :(
http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=979
http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=986
but i get another for 10 submissions.

_
02-27-2014, 03:41 AM

No we will manually add you don't worry! It'll take a few days to look at as the guys are busy today and it's public holiday in Taiwan tomorrow.

Thanks for the spot!

Zoomer360
02-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Oh Thanks and sorry =))

jaggerwild
03-01-2014, 04:12 AM
Nice run Jag

Check out the tweaks thread and add a few more points :)

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35793-ROG-Benchmarking-Tweaks-amp-Tips&country=&status=

I saw it, and Thank you!
just not had anytime to do runs, with work..............

drop4205
03-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Is this a large download or are the servers busy?? How long should it take to download this program? Thanks

Barefooter
03-04-2014, 04:21 PM
I managed to boost my score up to 86,098. That puts me seventh on the list with Intel processor, 2 GPUs and Maximus boards. I think that's pretty good considering I'm running 2 7950 GPUs and all but one person ahead of my are running 780s or better.

I am running 4.7 GHz at 1.45 volts. I'm actually stable at 1.43 volts for most stress tests, but crashed on the Real Bench 2.1, so had to bump it up a little to get the score. That is as far as I am going to push it. I'm going back down to 4.6 GHz at 1.35 volts for my every day use.

Nodens
03-04-2014, 07:43 PM
Is this a large download or are the servers busy?? How long should it take to download this program? Thanks

It is 327mb.

_
03-05-2014, 01:49 AM
I managed to boost my score up to 86,098. That puts me seventh on the list with Intel processor, 2 GPUs and Maximus boards. I think that's pretty good considering I'm running 2 7950 GPUs and all but one person ahead of my are running 780s or better.

I am running 4.7 GHz at 1.45 volts. I'm actually stable at 1.43 volts for most stress tests, but crashed on the Real Bench 2.1, so had to bump it up a little to get the score. That is as far as I am going to push it. I'm going back down to 4.6 GHz at 1.35 volts for my every day use.

Glad you had a bit of fun! :D 7th is a great score.

_
03-05-2014, 03:46 AM
Hello, why im not get achivement @AMD + Intel@ if i have both platforms on ROG Extreme motherboards with OC
Rampage IV Extreme + Crosshair IV Extreme:
http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=837
I do something wrong?

Hey check your profile - this has been fixed!

Zoomer360
03-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Hello! :) Im very glad, and big THANKS for You! ;)

meankeys
03-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Wow!
I see we have been busy. Some very nice scores posted up.

Slamms and Dew_Audigy very nice. way to raise the bar.
Menthol way to push it.

Nodens
03-08-2014, 05:50 PM
The top scores are very interesting. See the IB-E chip at 5068.6 tops Menthol's excellent SB-E sample at 5398.7. The RAM difference between the scores is in favor of Menthol as well (Menthol is running much tighter so RAM is actually faster although the clock is higher by 160Mhz on the IB-E). This proves what I was saying that IB-E chips are good for benchmarking regardless of the average lower clocks. I am just saying that cause some people were insisting on saying that SB-E is the way to go for benchmarking..

slamms 4960X is a beastly chip. But the run is entirely unoptimized. On a properly stripped and tweaked OS it would go waaaaay higher..

Menthol
03-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Nodens you are so right, I would like to see slamms tweak his OS and run again, an IV-E at 5.0 or higher is hard to beat

Nodens
03-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Yeah slamms could break 125K easily with that chip.

meankeys
03-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Hi Nodens

On my RB run it reads triple channel memory not quad channel? Just thought I would mention that.

Nodens
03-09-2014, 05:24 PM
That's what CPU-Z detects then. Which could mean RAM is not really stable and on boot the board disables a DIMM slot.

meankeys
03-09-2014, 09:27 PM
That's what CPU-Z detects then. Which could mean RAM is not really stable and on boot the board disables a DIMM slot.

Hmm... Thanks I will check that.

JackNaylorPE
03-10-2014, 03:56 PM

Are you using adaptive ? If so, what kind of Vcore boost do you wind up at under OpenCL test ? I always see 0.1 but been talking with a fella on OCN who reports miniscule voltage boosts and I can't understand how that might be possible.

QUESTION: On another topic

Looked at the thread and didn't see anything since the Ver 2.1 release date however......

I have two 256 GB SSDs (C for OS and D for Games)
I have two Seagate 2TB SSHDs (one is used for all my SOHO files over 6 partitions (2 for family use / 4 for office use with share access permitted by partition)

-When I try and run off the SSHDs version 2.0b10R6 runs just fine....
-When I try and run (as administrator) off the SSHDs version 2.1 says "Real Bench does not have write access in this directory. Please move the application elsewhere on your drives.

If it was an OS issue, then why does the earlier version work ?

When I move it to the C:\ Drive (SSD), same result

When I put it in Program Files directory, I get a Real Bench can not be placed here message.

No matter where I put 2.1 it doesn't run whereas wherever I put the older version it runs just fine. And yes, I turned off the firewall / AV / malware programs

Barefooter
03-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Are you using adaptive ? If so, what kind of Vcore boost do you wind up at under OpenCL test ? I always see 0.1 but been talking with a fella on OCN who reports miniscule voltage boosts and I can't understand how that might be possible.

I am not using adaptive.

Version 2.1 works fine for me.

Nodens
03-10-2014, 05:16 PM

QUESTION: On another topic

Looked at the thread and didn't see anything since the Ver 2.1 release date however......

I have two 256 GB SSDs (C for OS and D for Games)
I have two Seagate 2TB SSHDs (one is used for all my SOHO files over 6 partitions (2 for family use / 4 for office use with share access permitted by partition)

-When I try and run off the SSHDs version 2.0b10R6 runs just fine....
-When I try and run (as administrator) off the SSHDs version 2.1 says "Real Bench does not have write access in this directory. Please move the application elsewhere on your drives.

If it was an OS issue, then why does the earlier version work ?

When I move it to the C:\ Drive (SSD), same result

When I put it in Program Files directory, I get a Real Bench can not be placed here message.

No matter where I put 2.1 it doesn't run whereas wherever I put the older version it runs just fine. And yes, I turned off the firewall / AV / malware programs

Your 2.1 version is bad. Redownload and extract.There is no difference at all at that part of the code since version 1. If yuo're getting that message it's probably Output directory missing or something.

kb0sdq
03-16-2014, 02:12 AM
Well I ran the test on my stock G750JHA without closing any tsr's or anything score was 56941 (username on leader board is Dadoug) is that good for this lappy?
Everyone have a great St. Patties day and be safe
Happy ROG_n
Doug

chrsplmr
03-16-2014, 02:29 AM
Doug .. Whoot !! Good ?? Straight Stock? NO Tweaks ? Look @ the other scores with the same equipment. TouchDown!

Brother MeanKeys .. Stunning my friend. Way to step up the game. .c.

meankeys
03-16-2014, 04:20 AM
Thanks chris :)

Menthol
03-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Lunchabull,
How did you get such a high encoding a multitasking score
Nodens,
Any idea, did he find the secret?

Nodens
03-16-2014, 02:54 PM
That score is not legit. Either he hit some kind of bug or it's an exploit. I'm leaning towards the later because a bug would produce an unbelievable score, with certainty. And I do think I know how it was made. Something I thought about a while ago but didn't manage to safeguard against in 2.1.

It could be legit on subzero but that would reflect on the other scores as well. We should get it removed from the db.

Menthol
03-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Thanks for taking the time to look that over, sad to see someone may be exploiting the benchmark, glad to see I haven't missed something

Arne Saknussemm
03-17-2014, 04:51 PM
I think all of the scores above 9th place need removing and investigating by a veeery slooooooow commiteeeeee.....:D

meankeys
03-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Oh and I guess your the chairman. lol

_
03-18-2014, 01:37 AM
McCarthy's scores will be removed.

Please PM me in if you spot illegitimate scores and I will get them removed.

Arne Saknussemm
03-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Oh and I guess your the chairman. lol Well I wasn't going to.....but OK....if you insist....

Zka17
03-24-2014, 06:34 AM
Hello guys, I have finally got to this benchmark! :cool:

Check my results: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?44628-A-new-era-for-my-TestBench&p=386650&viewfull=1#post386650

:D :D :D

meankeys
03-24-2014, 08:36 AM
Nice run Z

Zka17
03-25-2014, 02:42 AM
Thanks, mate! Doing my best... :)

chevy350
03-27-2014, 03:00 PM
Ran this quite a few times and any way i do I keep getting the "Unable to parse system specs" at the bottom. Anyone know why it keeps doing this? I logged in before the runs and it says logged in, do the run and then none of the menu items are available. Can't save a rbr or upload, but it will let me take a screenshot.

Nodens
03-27-2014, 04:58 PM
a) Did you try a freshly extracted RB?

b) Can you run the CPU-Z version that is bundled along, save a text report and PM it to me?

Rockford
03-27-2014, 05:08 PM
Update from the bot 2014-03-27>

twisted1
03-27-2014, 07:26 PM
OC Supreme on top :)

Zka17
03-27-2014, 11:10 PM
Is there a limit with the submissions we have to reach for getting RB a regular benchmark on the BOT?

_
03-28-2014, 04:23 AM
Is there a limit with the submissions we have to reach for getting RB a regular benchmark on the BOT?

I've no idea about the BOT, but there's no limit to the number of uploads for our leaderboard.

Zka17
03-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Oh, no worries, Richard - we are submitting to our LeaderBoard too!

I was just referring to the HWBOT submissions, on reflection of Paw's post...

chevy350
03-28-2014, 03:06 PM
a) Did you try a freshly extracted RB?

b) Can you run the CPU-Z version that is bundled along, save a text report and PM it to me?

Redownloaded a few times and saved to different locations and always extracted to main drive to run. Yes I can use the CPU-Z bundled with it, will get it to you shortly.

Distopian85
04-10-2014, 05:53 AM
I have an old Asus G60JX which I just ran RealBench V2 on after giving the computer a tune up and it says "Unable to properly parse system specs. Please Report in RealBench forum." the results of the benchmark test were as follows: Image Editing 40040 Time 214.284, Encoding 14861 Time 806.671, OpenCL 14726 KSamples/sec:76, Heavy Multitasking 11768 Time 831.015, System Score 17403. I've had the computer for a while and just did a tune up cus it was overheating and cutting off. Not really sure if my scores are good or not First time I have ever used a Benchmark software program. Can someone give me a heads up?

_
04-11-2014, 12:48 AM
That's pretty normal for a Core 2 machine: http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=1515

Not sure about unable to parse specs though.

MeanMachine
04-22-2014, 05:19 PM
Hi Guys
I've just done my Benchmark and I need some answers.
I've included a comparison screenie of fairly similar scores and noticed my memory frequency is very low compared to other scores. My dimms are in my system specs. The question is, How do I set this higher in the BIOS and which settings to change such as voltages and bus frequencies. Any recommendations? i'm a total rookie when it comes to overclocking.

Detection
04-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Umm how does the top score for AMD Desktops have their hardware running much slower than me and I come 51st ?

And how does No.2 also have much faster running hardware than No.1 ?

Someone is cheating

No.1 Setup
FX-8350 @ 4334.1 MHz RAM @ 722.4 MHz (3:10) GPU @ AMD Radeon HD 5900 Series

---
My Setup
FX-8350 : 4816.1 MHz RAM @ 1070.2 MHz (3:16) GPU @ AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

EDIT - My bad - forgot to set 1 GPU dropdown

With my setup I come 20th, not to shabby :D

kb0sdq
04-24-2014, 02:12 AM
I was thinking of downloading this seems like the link is slow yesterday I started download and it said 4 hours canceled that
Now it says 2 hours must be a heck of a file some day I might try it when it is on a faster file host site.
I have Verizon fios 75/35 should not take that long.
Happy ROG_n
Doug

eruntalon
05-03-2014, 11:00 AM
I just ran realbench benchmark (passed) then the stress test for 15 minutes (passed) however I had this error in the last 10 seconds of the stress test, video cards decided to stop communicating with my monitor:

Source
Windows

Summary
Video hardware error

Date
‎3/‎05/‎2014 7:23 PM

Status
Solution available

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffe0004838b010
Parameter 2: fffff801a9630e20
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: d2c
OS version: 6_3_9600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

Not sure what this means.

System specs were at the time of testing:
M6Hero using an older 0804 bios as I've read it'll help with less volts at higher clocks
4770k @ 4.3ghz
2 x 8gb corsair ram 11-11-11-27 @ xmp 2133mhz
GTX 780ti's in sli at default clock. Drivers are v335.23
Corsair RM1000 PSU
Samsung 840EVO 500gb with rapid mode enabled

Alaxang
05-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Eruntalon, I have the same error as u during the stress test closing part. I can run benchmark and stress test stable for 2hrs but at stress test closing part my screen will blink for a sec and show" display driver failed and recover". I got the same error even at default optimum setting meaning I am not oc the system but yet still with error. I noticed we are using the same nvidia driver version. Not sure if that the cause. Using gtx690 here.

eruntalon
05-04-2014, 12:24 AM
Eruntalon, I have the same error as u during the stress test closing part. I can run benchmark and stress test stable for 2hrs but at stress test closing part my screen will blink for a sec and show" display driver failed and recover". I got the same error even at default optimum setting meaning I am not oc the system but yet still with error. I noticed we are using the same nvidia driver version. Not sure if that the cause. Using gtx690 here.

Possibly.

HemiGrind
05-06-2014, 03:28 AM
Awesome :) a 25Th place score (for the moment) for a Maximus V GENE Ivy Bridge
Desktop/Intel/1/Maximus

Nodens
05-06-2014, 02:14 PM
The driver not responding upon stopping the ST is a driver issue when the OpenCL load is halting on-the-spot. It is nothing to worry about, the driver restarts itself. You should only worry about this, if it happens while the test is running because it means GPU OC failure or PSU failure.

Aakash
05-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Hi friends i'm currently oc my cpu can i trust this or prime 95.

Thanx got my answer and sorry if bothered anyone.

Rockford
05-14-2014, 02:14 PM
just so you guys uppstairs know, Gryphon users end up in the lap top section--> Fair??

Add a TUF core ?

JackNaylorPE
05-29-2014, 09:06 PM
Any idea when testing:

1. Sometimes I don't see any system info in the upper right box when benchmarking..... noticed an error (see below) so was watching it .... had a crash during oc testing,m and when came back, no data.

2. When it was there it was misreporting the CPU speed at 4400 ..... BIOS HWiNFO and CPU_z all said 46

EDIT: Upgrading to 2.2 has the CPU speed at 3499.2 while HWiNFO64 and CPU_z have it at 4600, nest time it was 0800 Mhz.

3. What's different in 2.2 ? I was 8 hours stable at 16GB yet the benchmark made me crash in 2.2

4. Suggestions on Stress Test ? I figured 2 hours @ 16GB is more strain than the box would ever see .... not enough time .... too much RAM ?

MatsGlobetrotter
05-31-2014, 05:52 PM
Any idea when testing:1. Sometimes I don't see any system info in the upper right box when benchmarking..... noticed an error (see below) so was watching it .... had a crash during oc testing,m and when came back, no data.2. When it was there it was misreporting the CPU speed at 4400 ..... BIOS HWiNFO and CPU_z all said 46EDIT: Upgrading to 2.2 has the CPU speed at 3499.2 while HWiNFO64 and CPU_z have it at 4600, nest time it was 0800 Mhz.3. What's different in 2.2 ? I was 8 hours stable at 16GB yet the benchmark made me crash in 2.24. Suggestions on Stress Test ? I figured 2 hours @ 16GB is more strain than the box would ever see .... not enough time .... too much RAM ?I have seen the same issue as point 1 on my formula VI. I normally end up checking with CPUZ first that i have the data coming up so i can do benchmarking with realbench or 3dmark. If Either of those 3 cant read the information it means the benchmark will just fail or be invalid.. Timing error as reported in 3dmark. However the error seems to come after the system has crashed a few times due to pushing the cpu and mb a bit too hard.

JackNaylorPE
06-01-2014, 10:47 PM
I can understand it "getting confused" after a crash but should be a way to "clear" it.

Nodens
06-03-2014, 06:27 AM
just so you guys uppstairs know, Gryphon users end up in the lap top section--> Fair??

Can you send me a PM with a CPU-Z text report from that system (taken with the version bundled with RB)? Use something like pastebin or dropbox:)

Any idea when testing:

1. Sometimes I don't see any system info in the upper right box when benchmarking..... noticed an error (see below) so was watching it .... had a crash during oc testing,m and when came back, no data.

System information, apart from the GPUs, are mined with CPU-Z. So if you're not getting system spec on the top right box it means CPU-Z is failing so there's something wrong with the system. It's either unstable or the OS is corrupted. Nothing I or anyone else, other than yourself, can do anything about either of those 2 cases.

2. When it was there it was misreporting the CPU speed at 4400 ..... BIOS HWiNFO and CPU_z all said 46

EDIT: Upgrading to 2.2 has the CPU speed at 3499.2 while HWiNFO64 and CPU_z have it at 4600, nest time it was 0800 Mhz.

If you are sure that you are running High Performance profile (you're not getting downlocked by EIST) then you should PM me with a CPU-Z text report taken with the version that is bundled with RB.

This definately looks like EIST though. You're just getting downclocked at the moment the spec snapshot is taken because you're benching with Balanced power profile.

3. What's different in 2.2 ? I was 8 hours stable at 16GB yet the benchmark made me crash in 2.2

There is absolutely nothing changed with regards to the benchmark or anything else. 2.2 just adds the extra RAM options to the Stress Test and fixes a cosmetic issue. So version is irrelevant to your stability. You either changed something else or there's something wrong with your OS installation or you have some kind of hardware issue.

4. Suggestions on Stress Test ? I figured 2 hours @ 16GB is more strain than the box would ever see .... not enough time .... too much RAM ?

I guess the 4 hour option. The 8 hour option is overkill.

JackNaylorPE
06-03-2014, 02:35 PM
2. CPU-Z reads correctly, HWinFO64 reads correctly, RoG Real Bench is in error. RB stays static and reads the 44 multiplier..... the other two as well as AISuite go up and down from 0800 to 4500. I usually don't open any 2 of them of them at the same time for obvious reasons, but when I do and just stare at the screen in idle, AISuite, CPU_z, and HWiNFOO64 all go up and down and RB stays stuck at 44. See image attached. I will try PM'ing you two CPU-Z reports also

One from Rog CPU_z
One from RB CPU_z

Both say 46 multi

3. I'm in High Performance Mode.

5. Here's an odd one ..... I have tries to keep my cache as close as possible to cpu multiplier as read here and elsewhere that anything more than 3 impacts performance. In various forums, peeps are adamant that it has no effect. So being someone who "just has to know" and having observed in RB that the image editing portion varies with cache setting. I had previously done a series of 3 tests at 45 cache (45 CPU multi) and repeated with 42 and 39 cache settings ..... was a consistent difference (2.8%) between 45 and 39 but 45 and 42 were close.

So when the results were challenged as statistically insignificant, I did 20 runs each way ..... this time with 46 CPU multiplier. The 46 cache setting tests were all tight between 126k and 129k. I then went to 39 ans the 1st 12 tests were 132k - 133k, and the next 20, were 126k to 128k.

6. What's the thing w/ Image editing anyway ? The first run delays a long time before starting and gives a score of 96k-ish and all subsequent runs all start up fine and do 126 - 133k.

Praz
06-03-2014, 02:58 PM
2. CPU-Z reads correctly, HWinFO64 reads correctly, RoG Real Bench is in error. RB stays static and reads the 44 multiplier..... the other two as well as AISuite go up and down from 0800 to 4500. I usually don't open any 2 of them of them at the same time for obvious reasons, but when I do and just stare at the screen in idle, AISuite, CPU_z, and HWiNFOO64 all go up and down and RB stays stuck at 44. See image attached. I will try PM'ing you two CPU-Z reports also

One from Rog CPU_z
One from RB CPU_z

Both say 46 multi

3. I'm in High Performance Mode.

5. Here's an odd one ..... I have tries to keep my cache as close as possible to cpu multiplier as read here and elsewhere that anything more than 3 impacts performance. In various forums, peeps are adamant that it has no effect. So being someone who "just has to know" and having observed in RB that the image editing portion varies with cache setting. I had previously done a series of 3 tests at 45 cache (45 CPU multi) and repeated with 42 and 39 cache settings ..... was a consistent difference (2.8%) between 45 and 39 but 45 and 42 were close.

So when the results were challenged as statistically insignificant, I did 20 runs each way ..... this time with 46 CPU multiplier. The 46 cache setting tests were all tight between 126k and 129k. I then went to 39 ans the 1st 12 tests were 132k - 133k, and the next 20, were 126k to 128k.

Hello

2. RealBench will only display the speed of the processor when the initial query is made. Unlike the other utilities you mention there is no live monitoring of the speed.

3. This contradicts what you wrote in point #2. If the power plan is set to high performance you should not see the CPU speed varying from 800MHz to 4500MHz.

5. Both sides of this are correct. Cache speed will make a noticeable difference in some benchmarks but I have found no actual programs or games where an increase speed over stock shows a tangible benefit.

JackNaylorPE
06-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Damn.... my response is gone.

2. I figured it out. Interference

a) RB displays 800 MHz being the only utility open
b) RB displays 800 MHz with HWiNFO64 open but following their advice not to display the results of the Asus EC Chip
c) RB displays 4400 MHz with HWiNFO64 open w/ HWiNFO64 displaying the results of the Asus EC Chip

Is there any way I can make RB more useful by tweaking it to gran the data during the test ? That is when running a benchmark like that, it would be more useful if it displayed the actual conditions during the test. Based upon what you have said, the data does not reflect the state of the CPU during the test but after the test.

3. I thought you were asking about Asus EPU setting which is set to high performance (see pic). Windows is set to balanced mode as my SSDs seemed to insist on it and of course I want the CPU to power down when idle.

5. My testing with different cache settings has been challenging. Initially it proved out exactly as per Asus recommendation that cache not be set more than 3 less the CPU so as not to affect performance.

With BIOS 0804 my RoG Image Editing results were:

45 CPU / 39 cache = 116,754
45 CPU / 42 cache = 119,431
45 CPU / 45 cache = 119,457

pretty much echoing what Asus OC videos and guides say.

Now w/ 1402 I tried again.

46/46 averaged 128,167 (129,368 high - 127,096 low)
46/39 averaged 131,896 (132,673 high - 129,982 low) for the 1st 12 runs
46/39 averaged 127,753 (128,336 high - 126,563 low) for the next 20 runs

It is interesting that:

a) In each of those last two groupings at the same cache ratio not one test eeked over the line to be within the range of the other, eliminating "statistical variation" from a consideration) .... whatever it is that got me 12 readings above 130 (well one missed 130k by 18 points I have not been able to repeat ever since.

b) 46/39 was able to substantially top (2.9%) 46/46 for those 12 runs.

c) The 2.3% advantage I saw when testing under 0804 disappears under 1402.

BTW, Praz....thanks so much for the education.

OOh one more thing....what's the significance of "LuxMark-X64.exe stopped working"..... the Logging window is still going like a bat outta you kno where, CPU usage meter says 100% and it sure doesn't seem like it stopped working :) ..... I know what what to do with a 0124 but stopped working I don't kno what to do with

Marcusnofear
06-08-2014, 10:56 AM
Hello

The program downloaded in WinZip format and extract to my Folder.
I have tried to open the file RealBench v2.2 and I can not .... it appears ....

What should I do?

PS: RealBench v2.2 only by download in WinZip format?

Tks

Morgan1952
07-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Ok everyone,
Newbie on the block and have little to any idea what I am doing. I rand the stress test twice and the numbers are as follows.
Image edit 114.976 time 74.624
Encoding 84476 time 141.909
open cl 34412 669
Heavy multi tasking 77355 126.429
system score 70922
This was ran at stock speed for a starting number but have no Idea if it is good or bad.
Also ran the other test and got Results Hash Match
Then below it said in red passed stress test.
System 4770K, 16 GB 2400 ddr3
Any insight would be appreciated.
Morgan

chrsplmr
07-02-2014, 02:39 AM
Morgan1952 .. Welcome to ROG.
A good place to start is to go to the Leaderboard (http://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/?ipage=1&CPU=intel&view=1) and
click on the score of one of the entrants > Sample: 127120 slamms (http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=1802)
This will give you alot of information of the type of equipment they are using and some of the settings.
Then you can compare it to what you are using.
You do not say what motherboard or
if by default you mean the memory isn't even set to its advertised speed or GPU(s) ??
A couple of cpuZ screenshots--cpu tab and memory tab showing and the list of your hardware would be most
helpful for 'us' to help you.
Best of Luck .. Nice start, but I suspect you have barely turned it on. Your in for a treat. .c.

Morgan1952
07-02-2014, 03:15 AM
Thanks, I will check them out,
My MB is the Maximus Vi Formula
I7 4770 k
Asus GTX 770
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 16 gb
I ran the first test on the standard settings 1333 on the DDR3, 3.5 ghz on the CPU and 3.9 on the turbo. I think the voltage was around 1.07
I will post a couple screenshot sometime tomorrow. I'm on a different puter currently.
Thanks again for the help.
Morgan

Menthol
07-02-2014, 03:28 AM
Morgan1952,
Glad to see you stick around and partake in the fun with us, read the thread on RealBench tweaks here
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35793-ROG-Benchmarking-Tweaks-amp-Tips
The best thing about this benchmark and these forums is you can learn a lot about how your system works, the plus is a whole family of ROGers willing to help with issues that may come up and share tips about hardware and software and many other subjects

Morgan1952
07-02-2014, 03:34 AM
Thanks Menthol,
I tend to get into the nuts and bolts of things.
I like to know how they work and how they interact.
I never get tired of learning and I have seen already that the knowledge base is pretty large here.
Thanks again for the help

chevy350
07-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Still having issues submitting scores. Still getting "Unable to parse system specs" after each run no matter which drive I install to. Can't save after runs either to submit. It will let me log in before I run anything but afterwards it's like I never logged in. Posted the txt report from cpu-z a while ago but never heard anything back from Nodens.

ron1cne
07-04-2014, 05:50 PM
I posted a new topic regarding performance concerns I have with nVidia GeForce GTX series and OpenCL scores using RealBench v2.2. The link to the new topic is https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/759222/cuda-programming-and-performance/opencl-benchmarking/

It is in continuation to the previous thread posted at https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/671157/open-cl-support-in-nvidia-drivers/#reply

I am an end user first of all, just to be clear. I am running ASUS RealBench v2.2 to benchmark my system and compare my system performance to others who have similar systems. The results of my system benchmark are posted at http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=3503 (http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=3503)I noticed the OpenCL score was very low compared to others with similar systems using AMD video cards such as the one at this other link http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=1443 (http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=1443)so naturally I was concerned about my nVidia investment, maybe not configured optimally or maybe having a bug in the nVidia driver that has not yet been reported. Looking at many of the leaderboard score results and comparing the OpenCL scores reveals this seems to be an epidemic where a lot of nVidia cards score much much lower in this area than AMD cards. So there maybe is an issue which is why I am bringing this concern to your attention. I would also like to request any details on the standard benchmark scores for this card or how I may determine if the card is working to its full capacity? Or if nVidia has a preferred or recommended benchmark utility to recommend so I may look at other data points concerning my system performance.

The details of my video card follow.

GeForce GTX 770 SLI (two cards) Driver 340.43

Please advise and thank you.

Mr. Fox 2
07-06-2014, 08:14 PM
So, RealBench can be run on any system, but the leaderboard does not allow results from non-ASUS systems?

_
07-07-2014, 01:23 AM
So, RealBench can be run on any system, but the leaderboard does not allow results from non-ASUS systems?

Yes. :)

_
07-07-2014, 01:26 AM
I posted a new topic regarding performance concerns I have with nVidia GeForce GTX series and OpenCL scores using RealBench v2.2. The link to the new topic is https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/759222/cuda-programming-and-performance/opencl-benchmarking/

It is in continuation to the previous thread posted at https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/671157/open-cl-support-in-nvidia-drivers/#reply

I am an end user first of all, just to be clear. I am running ASUS RealBench v2.2 to benchmark my system and compare my system performance to others who have similar systems. The results of my system benchmark are posted at http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=3503 (http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=3503)I noticed the OpenCL score was very low compared to others with similar systems using AMD video cards such as the one at this other link http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=1443 (http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=1443)so naturally I was concerned about my nVidia investment, maybe not configured optimally or maybe having a bug in the nVidia driver that has not yet been reported. Looking at many of the leaderboard score results and comparing the OpenCL scores reveals this seems to be an epidemic where a lot of nVidia cards score much much lower in this area than AMD cards. So there maybe is an issue which is why I am bringing this concern to your attention. I would also like to request any details on the standard benchmark scores for this card or how I may determine if the card is working to its full capacity? Or if nVidia has a preferred or recommended benchmark utility to recommend so I may look at other data points concerning my system performance.

Nvidia makes its investment in CUDA rather than OpenCL so performance is lower. If you specifically choose an Nvidia benchmark it will be tailored to Nvidia cards through special programming. Whether that actually represents the software you use depends on the software you use, but LuxMark is just based on standard OpenCL programming - so all OpenCL apps will perform in the same manor as this.

If you are dependent on OpenCL through work or apps you use regularly, then currently AMD is the better option, however if you aren't and just worry about the benchmark score then don't worry about that portion :)

_
07-07-2014, 01:26 AM

Nvidia makes its investment in CUDA rather than OpenCL so performance is lower. If you specifically choose an Nvidia benchmark it will be tailored to Nvidia cards through some form of custom programming. Whether that actually represents the software you use depends on the software you use, but LuxMark is just based on standard OpenCL programming - so all OpenCL apps will perform in the same manor as this. We don't tailor the benchmark to a specific outcome for anyone - not even ASUS/ROG products. It simply scripts off-the-shelf software.

If you are dependent on OpenCL through work or apps you use regularly, then currently AMD is the better option, however if you aren't and just worry about the benchmark score :)
OpenCL doesn't represent 3D or gaming at all - we are developing a 3D benchmark for future RB.

ron1cne
07-09-2014, 06:55 PM
I will simply state the obvious question then. Since ROG stands for Republic of Gamers, and Republic of Gamers is a brand used by Asus since 2006, encompassing a range of computer hardware, personal computers, peripherals, and accessories oriented primarily toward PC gaming, then why does ROG RealBench v2.2 test OpenCL anyway? Why does it not test 3D or gaming instead of OpenCL? I thought ROG RealBench would score my PC's gaming performance, specifically.

HiVizMan
07-09-2014, 07:28 PM
The purpose is not to test or compare gaming systems - however running the benchmark will certainly indicate where your system is as a gaming rig - it was designed to provide real world (Real part of RealBench) environment to properly stress and test a system. The guy who wrote the benchmark is a member here by the way and used non licence software in the benchmark. His name is Nodens, worth going and having a read at his thread about developing the benchmark.

Now if you purely want a gaming benchmark, please tell me which graphic card you use. I ask this because most benchmarks (well all) will favour one brand of graphic card manufacture of another. Just as some games which are in part sponsored by one team or another will favour those particular graphic cards. Futuremark have a few great benchmarks that you can use to test your gaming system against, so to Heaven and Catzilla just to name a few. But all of those are biased if you will excuse the term towards one graphic card or another.

Hope that helps explain a bit about what this RealBench is all about.

_
07-10-2014, 04:15 AM
I will simply state the obvious question then. Since ROG stands for Republic of Gamers, and Republic of Gamers is a brand used by Asus since 2006, encompassing a range of computer hardware, personal computers, peripherals, and accessories oriented primarily toward PC gaming, then why does ROG RealBench v2.2 test OpenCL anyway? Why does it not test 3D or gaming instead of OpenCL? I thought ROG RealBench would score my PC's gaming performance, specifically.

We simply haven't got that far yet. Creating a 3D test takes an eon of work.

randyenergy
07-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Here are my latest results:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?49289-A-Good-Friday/page2

HiVizMan
07-15-2014, 09:44 AM
Nice one noname.

WillyK
08-07-2014, 09:57 AM
I got the other day message from my system tools that the VLC version RealBench 2.2 is using, is outdated.
After updating the VLC version in the RealBench it runs but I'm only getting a message "Program files modified or corrupted!"... (no other output)

Who's in charge of updating the RealBench? Can you please do a quick maintenance stunt to bring it up to date? Thank you!

jab383
08-07-2014, 12:37 PM
I think realbench needs to run the same version of the component programs for consistent, comparable scores. I don't get that message about outdated because I don't have any update service active. Ignorance is bliss in this case.

The suggestion is to reinstall Realbench with the included version of VLC, then ignore the outdatedness.

Jeff

WillyK
08-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Thanks Jeff. I got that, but wouldn't it be better to simply release a fresh RB version? I don't think we can live 4ever with version 2.2 and as the HW/SW is evolving, surely RB is getting outdated and needs proper maintenance. Just a thought...

_
08-08-2014, 01:34 AM
I got the other day message from my system tools that the VLC version RealBench 2.2 is using, is outdated.
After updating the VLC version in the RealBench it runs but I'm only getting a message "Program files modified or corrupted!"... (no other output)

Who's in charge of updating the RealBench? Can you please do a quick maintenance stunt to bring it up to date? Thank you!

Bah VLC auto update!
Yes the program checks to see if there are any file modifications to ensure no cheating.

Thanks Jeff. I got that, but wouldn't it be better to simply release a fresh RB version? I don't think we can live 4ever with version 2.2 and as the HW/SW is evolving, surely RB is getting outdated and needs proper maintenance. Just a thought...

It's usually security fixes that don't really apply to the benchmark. Major software updates would have to wipe the scoreboard, or, provide multiple scoreboards.

WillyK
08-08-2014, 05:58 AM
Yes. It's a dilemma. However, I'm not sure if multiple scoreboards are really needed. The impact probably would be marginal, and those interested to stay current on the board can simply rerun the newest RB version. No big deal, really.

The security fixes, however, is a big deal in my book. Any SW containing security holes is no-go on my system (especially nowadays). So with all respect, I disagree that security fixes can be ignored just because they don't apply to the benchmark. When someone has spent money and time to fix something, there's usually a good rationale behind.

MatsGlobetrotter
08-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Hmm WillyK,

To run any of the Benchmarks you find on HWbot would yield exactly the same result in terms of outdated services and then potentially a security threat. I have had to install old Mediaplayers, media encoders just to be able to run a benchmarker software. If you are afraid of the security loopholes to that extent then its simply not possible to use any benchmark software on your production machine. Every single change in a package will change the scores uncontrollably and thus not be comparable. claiming it has little effect is wrong. otherwise why is everyone turning of even a simple service in the taskmanager even if it is 5kb. large.. simply because it takes space in the processor slowing down the time for the benchmark.

I would offer two solutions to your dilemma.

1. install the realbench only when you intend to run it meanwhile turn off internet. Then de-install it fully afterwards. You seem to have good software to do the cleanup and checks so the disk should be clean afterwards.
2. Get a separate HDD or SSD and install Win7 for example only to run the benchmark softwares that then is completely isolated from your normal production system.

I also run some benchmark software on my production machine but that wont give you neither good results nor good safety for your normal files simply due to the potential crashes if you overclock and run into multiple crashes which are common. in that scenario external viruses would be the least of your problems. Even the smallest 64GB HDD or SSD at around 50 - 70 USD would probably do the trick unless you have an old one lying around.

That would, in addition to get you more security also make you more aware of the bloatware that might slow down you machine in general (secure or insecure) with the inclusion of automatically detecting version updaters which are serious culprits in slowing down machines. Learned this by testing myself.

Regards,

twisted1
08-08-2014, 09:19 AM
Hmm WillyK,

To run any of the Benchmarks you find on HWbot would yield exactly the same result in terms of outdated services and then potentially a security threat. I have had to install old Mediaplayers, media encoders just to be able to run a benchmarker software. If you are afraid of the security loopholes to that extent then its simply not possible to use any benchmark software on your production machine. Every single change in a package will change the scores uncontrollably and thus not be comparable. claiming it has little effect is wrong. otherwise why is everyone turning of even a simple service in the taskmanager even if it is 5kb. large.. simply because it takes space in the processor slowing down the time for the benchmark.

I would offer two solutions to your dilemma.

1. install the realbench only when you intend to run it meanwhile turn off internet. Then de-install it fully afterwards. You seem to have good software to do the cleanup and checks so the disk should be clean afterwards.
2. Get a separate HDD or SSD and install Win7 for example only to run the benchmark softwares that then is completely isolated from your normal production system.

I also run some benchmark software on my production machine but that wont give you neither good results nor good safety for your normal files simply due to the potential crashes if you overclock and run into multiple crashes which are common. in that scenario external viruses would be the least of your problems. Even the smallest 64GB HDD or SSD at around 50 - 70 USD would probably do the trick unless you have an old one lying around.

That would, in addition to get you more security also make you more aware of the bloatware that might slow down you machine in general (secure or insecure) with the inclusion of automatically detecting version updaters which are serious culprits in slowing down machines. Learned this by testing myself.

Regards,

You're absolutely correct Mats, updating benchmarks that work and score evenly is a no no.

Internet when benching? No go, that should be disabled from BIOS ;)

jab383
08-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Mats touched on two separate problems with the same solution. First the security of older software used for consistent, comparable benchmarks. They are vulnerable - no argument there.

The second is OS damage from overclocking. I dialed in a 4790K followed soon by a G3258 Pentium. The 4790K work was during a competition where there was much to learn. Much tweakage and crashing. Had to redo RAM timing with the Pentium since its IMC wouldn't reach 2400. In all I wrecked Windows about twice a week in that process. I did all that in the second option of a dual boot installation and I have a backup images. Recovery takes about 5 minutes including getting the backup HDD and plugging it in.

My 24/7 OS is loaded with security, nice-to-have services and gets updated regularly - manually when I have the time, nothing automatic.

The point is that risks are there and they are real. They are also worse when overclocking and benching. I don't want to compromise the benchmarks by bloating the OS nor by 'cheating' with the latest software updates. Backup image of the OS is a good solution to both risks for me.

Jeff

Myk SilentShadow
08-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Hold on just a cotton pickin minute, you mean to tell me that updating any component of a benchmark is considered cheating? since when? and how the hell is it we're only just learning this now, after 2 years of Vizman's Challenges?

twisted1
08-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Mats touched on two separate problems with the same solution. First the security of older software used for consistent, comparable benchmarks. They are vulnerable - no argument there.

The second is OS damage from overclocking. I dialed in a 4790K followed soon by a G3258 Pentium. The 4790K work was during a competition where there was much to learn. Much tweakage and crashing. Had to redo RAM timing with the Pentium since its IMC wouldn't reach 2400. In all I wrecked Windows about twice a week in that process. I did all that in the second option of a dual boot installation and I have a backup images. Recovery takes about 5 minutes including getting the backup HDD and plugging it in.

My 24/7 OS is loaded with security, nice-to-have services and gets updated regularly - manually when I have the time, nothing automatic.

The point is that risks are there and they are real. They are also worse when overclocking and benching. I don't want to compromise the benchmarks by bloating the OS nor by 'cheating' with the latest software updates. Backup image of the OS is a good solution to both risks for me.

Jeff

I seriously need to make image backups of my bench OS's too. It's getting really old reinstalling windows all the time. The more BSOD/Crashes you have on an OS the more unstable it gets. X79 seems more sensitive to this, a perfectly stable OC profile can be unstable as hell the next day. And X79 works in mysterious ways, SB/Ivy/Haswell is a walk in the park to OC compared to SB-E :)

WillyK
08-08-2014, 01:52 PM
I believe that as HW/SW evolves, the RB would need to be upgraded anyhow in order to stay capable of serving its purpose properly (since it's not based on some "timeless" design/code). The only question is when. Whenever it may happen, it'll trigger all the above mentioned issues regardless. So from this viewpoint it makes no difference if any RB update happens tomorrow or next year. (Actually, the sooner, the better.)
It might be wise to consider how others are maintaining their benchmarking gear (e.g. Futuremark).

To me RB is mainly useful as a real-life stability test. There already exist a myriad of widely recognized benchmarking tools out there so not sure we need yet another one. The RB's real value is precisely its real-life stress testing capability, as opposed to the synthetic tests most of the other tools are offering. But ... that's just my opinion :)

twisted1
08-08-2014, 02:01 PM
WillyK: RB is on hwbot now :) And we(at least me) can't get enough of competitive benchmarks ;)

jab383
08-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Hold on just a cotton pickin minute, you mean to tell me that updating any component of a benchmark is considered cheating? since when? and how the hell is it we're only just learning this now, after 2 years of Vizman's Challenges?

That's why 'cheat' is in quotes. Some count - Realbench checks - and some don't and some require update.

Jeff

MatsGlobetrotter
08-08-2014, 04:56 PM
Dear WillyK,

I am referring to exactly Futuremark on my comments. We all love running 3dMark 2001 as it is representing different era in how graphics was processed in the computers. Futuremark is releasing new benchmarking tools all the time as the technologies change and people use the new ones as well as the older ones. (reminds me i still need to get a key to use PCmark 04) Even on the simple futuremark system tool you cant run the latest version with for example PCMark05, you will never get a result if you do. Thus they only last what 3 years in one version anyway.

If we need or not another tool is up to each and everyone to consider and use as they wish, I mean even as a stress tester there has been numerous ones already, there is nothing unique with Realbench in that sense. They all test and stress different areas of a computer. Infact i think it overstresses the computer as seemingly I can run anything else but Realbench on some speeds and with that I also mean my 3d live rendering architectural softwares which are a killer for both CPU, GPU as well as HDD.

Im using most softwares to test and stress various scenarios as I like seeing how my computer fare among other computers. Even my old crappy laptops sometimes do good :-)

Some test benches like Hwbot Prime allow you to use any Java version to run for example.. Well sure dont use the ones from the last 4 years as they are all bloated and slow so you have to dig up an old slim one.. Took me a week to find what to trust among all the information on internet. There was over 30% difference in the result and then i have not even tried the 32 bit version yet....

Regards,

DisturbedJim83
08-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Thought I'd add my results though can't get the screenshot to upload

system specs are:

CPU: i5 4670K@4.4ghz
MB:Asus Maximus VI Formula
RAM: 16GB(2x8GB)Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400Mhz
GPU: Powercolor PCS+OC R9 290

Scores:
Image Editing: 91111 Time: 94.17
Encoding: 83369 Time: 143.794
Open CL: 63941 KSamples/sec: 1562
Heavy Multi Tasking: 68851 Time: 142.045
System Score: 84029

Have no idea whether the score is good/average/great

Thoughts ?

Rockford
08-29-2014, 07:47 PM
Close to my 4670K score

^^

But not close enough..

Image Editing: 153159
Video Encoding: 89449
OpenCL: 70503
Heavy Multi-tasking: 80858

Score:84391

---------------------------

Your score>

Image Editing: 91111
Encoding: 83369
Open CL: 63941
Heavy Multi Tasking: 68851

Score: 84029

Rockford
08-29-2014, 07:51 PM
I checked your numbers, 84029 seem high

screenshot from desktop?

Nodens
09-14-2014, 08:01 PM
Regarding the updating of RB components.

As MarshalR said, it is not possible to allow modification of subcomponents because it can be used for cheating. If I can't verify the integrity of handbreak binaries for examples, what's to stop x-y user with programming knowledge to create a special version of handbreak that does nothing at all but return ok-encoding-done in 30 seconds and use that to cheat?

Components will be updated from time to time after I carefully test them and verify that they work properly, they offer no cheating loopholes and only increase performance. IF performance is increased then there's no issue with the leaderboards because people can bench with new version. If a component upgrade decreases performance then that would require to restrict all previous versions from uploading and also clear the entire leaderboard. Otherwise people would just stick with the old version or, in the case of only restricting uploads from older versions, it would be unfair to new people that have not had scores in the leaderboard yet.

Regarding any "security" concerns:
You can be absolutely certain that you will have no security concerns whatsoever as long as you download from an official source. Regardless of any subcomponent upgrades etc.
RB is designed to have its own ecosystem. This means that it does not rely or use any other software, media or data installed in your system. Everything it uses is what's contained in the RB folders and subfolders. Even if VLC fixed a security vulnerability (eg a buffer underrun that allows arbitrary code execution via crafting a specialized media file) IT DOES NOT AFFECT YOU IN ANY WAY (caps for emphasis). Why? Because VLC is used in RB to only play a specific video file. Nothing else. Now if you go and use the VLC player inside RB to play random files you downloaded from the internet, something it's not supposed to do, then it's not RB that poses a security hole but the user, trying to do things they should not.

Upgrades to components will happen when the new versions offer performance gains (because it's only logical), they offer no issues and when it's needed in order to support new hardware.

meankeys
09-20-2014, 08:41 PM
My R4BE is Back :)

I need to squeeze a few hundred more points to take first in team cup 2014

Wish me luck

meankeys
09-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Yes!

meankeys
09-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Well Oldcomer came back with a 119113 so I countered with

meankeys
09-21-2014, 11:56 PM
Insurance

meankeys
09-21-2014, 11:58 PM
Captain I am given her all shes got!

Menthol
09-22-2014, 01:02 AM
Check how Nvidia Maxwell does OpenCl

twisted1
09-22-2014, 01:04 AM
Captain I am given her all shes got!

Nice Meankeys! That's a serious openCL score you got there.

And I love your cpu, I'm positive it can go higher since you're only at 1.48Vcore. Let me know if it's for sale, my 3930k died :/

twisted1
09-22-2014, 01:05 AM

Wow that's quite an improvement!

Menthol
09-22-2014, 01:06 AM
Meankeys, that is a great score

meankeys
09-22-2014, 01:36 AM
Thanks Guy's

I was one tweaking mofo for sure... also did you notice the 5 GPU's :)

Menthol that X99 with 4 GPU's is a bulldozer those scores your pumping out are insane. Great job!

@ Pete this 3930K is sweet but it wont do 5500 MHz. It will run RB gimp @ 5484 MHz and RB 294 @ 5353 MHz @ 1.475v ppl ultra

meankeys
09-27-2014, 02:14 AM

That's the most I ever squeezed out of my rig. Learned a lot about it for sure.

Menthol
09-28-2014, 02:18 PM
meankeys, your hard work has paid off with some very good results, curious why you are not using Win 8, isn't it more efficient for RealBench?

Arne Saknussemm
09-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Definitely want win8...check PM...

Great results though meankeys!

meankeys
09-28-2014, 07:49 PM
I agree Win 8 gives better results but I was competing in the Team Comp. 2014 and Win8 is not allowed :) (Bad timer thingy?) - I will try Win8 to shot for a personal best tho for sure.
Thanks Guys for your help and support

JustKuz
10-14-2014, 10:45 PM
my system score says 129349... how do you verify the results?

Nodens
10-29-2014, 10:46 PM

Damn! After seeing this I suspect that after a while we'll see improved OpenCL driver for the older cards as well. It seems like Nvidia is finally changing their OpenCL tune ;)

erbao
12-05-2014, 03:52 AM
Cool!Time to have some fun.Thank you!

chevy350
12-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Re-ran again, still not able to upload due to parsing system specs issue but here's a shot

Nodens
12-21-2014, 11:31 PM
Weird. Your system specs look properly parsed on the system spec window. Are you sure you can not upload because of that? Are you getting this particular error in the status bar?

chevy350
12-22-2014, 04:22 PM
I've tried several times, I can login before I run the bench but after I can't. I sent you a pastebin file of the cpu-z report back in March of this year and asked if you had found anything out again in May lol. Guessing it may have gotten overlooked which isn't that big of a deal, I know your probably busy with other things. I just re-installed my OS a few days ago and haven't re-ran it yet, just stressed to check stability. And yes on start-up it does parse specs, but once it completes a run I get Unable to parse system specs in the lower area of RB window and login and upload are both unavailable.

aoftra99
12-30-2014, 12:35 PM
Oh, So thank

Dr. Zchivago
01-05-2015, 01:07 PM
Hey all,

Is the score upload system not currently functioning? Temperatures here finally dipped below freezing last night, and I was able to stretch my CPU's legs; I got some really nice results, and I'd like to upload my scores - but, they're not showing up.

Z

Edit: This is an issue for me, because we don't see sub-zero temperatures in the Texas Gulf Coast very often - haha!

Dr. Zchivago
01-09-2015, 03:20 PM
Just an update:

I'm able to log in (by all appearances), but the 'upload' and 'save upload file' options remain greyed out (before and after running the benchmark).

While it's not as good as the one I mentioned earlier, I was able to make a pretty decent run last night.

_
01-11-2015, 03:29 AM
I will check the login issue Monday.

chevy350
01-21-2015, 04:31 PM
Just an update:

I'm able to log in (by all appearances), but the 'upload' and 'save upload file' options remain greyed out (before and after running the benchmark).

Same issue I've been having for some time now, and at the end of the run I always get the message at bottom saying unable to parse system specs when it seems to parse them just fine prior to a run lol. Been waiting on a fix for about a year now but going to a VII Hero and 4790K in a few weeks and will see how it does after that. Good luck on getting it sorted so you can get your scores posted :cool:

chevy350
01-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Ran it on the wifes 4690k and VII Formula and was able to upload no problems, guessing it may just be something with Z68 it doesn't like since it parses fine when you first start it up.

Costas
01-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Does anyone experience an issue with Realbench v2.2 crashing when starting a stress test with the exact amount of memory selected as what is installed in their system?

Running Win8.1 - Hero VII - Corsair 16Gb Dominator ram [2x8Gb sticks] + 4790K.

If I select 'up to 16Gb of RAM' the program crashes right away and pops up with the default Windows "RealBench.exe has stopped working" dialogue immediately after hitting 'Start'.

If I select a lower RAM value - It works fine???

Is it a simple case of Win8.1 resourcing..?

_
01-30-2015, 02:47 AM
Please try the latest 2.41.

Costas
01-31-2015, 02:34 AM
Thanks Marshall,

I d/l v2.41 however same issue existed. I performed some more investigative work at my end and found that my Samsung SSD 'Magician' software had altered [reduced] my windows virtual memory setting from default to 200Mb.. :)

Increased paging file size and all is OK... Thankyou

BTW - You may want to add the download link for v2.41 of Realbench to the very first page/post in this thread as it only refers to v2.2.

VasVadum
02-06-2015, 06:25 PM
This didn't see my CPU accurately. My CPU clock was around 2793MHz during the test but it only took the final clock after it had finished everything and let the CPU go idle.
http://rog.asus.com/realbench/show_comment.php?id=6355

This is a previous test I've done with different software.
http://www.3dmark.com/sd/2633922

Nodens
02-10-2015, 08:49 PM
The moment we gather the specs the CPU is idle. Nothing we can do about that. You should not benchmark on the balanced power profile though, it will be slower anyhow. Switch to the Performance profile for the benchmark run. It does not downclock on idle so your max clock will be recorded apart from giving you higher score. ;) Benchmarking on balanced profile is just silly :p

Dr. Zchivago
02-10-2015, 09:48 PM
The login and upload issue appears to be resolved, but now there's another year between me and sub-zero temps.

*frowny face*

Z

VasVadum
02-12-2015, 01:00 AM
I didn't bench mark on balance. My laptop is always set to high performance mode.

Light
02-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Can someone advise on this please.

I downloaded Realbench and it was flagged as a security issue as indicated below when I tried to run the application.

Severity - Medium

realbench.exe Quarantined
(WS.Reputation.1) detected by
Download Insight

chevy350
02-27-2015, 01:40 PM
Always seem to get the Unable to Parse after any run on my comp but when I run my wifes it does just fine, could it possibly be a windows service that I have disabled? I guess I could enable the ones I disabled one at a time and see if any make a difference. Will report back after I try and maybe get a score up for mine finally lol

meankeys
09-21-2015, 12:51 AM
Hay Nodens

Ran My Z170 Platform last night and had some problems. I couldn't save or upload my results. Reporting was wrong against cpuid (1.73v) here's my cvf - http://meankeys.com/dl/cpuz.cvf

i5 6600K - DDR4 G.Skill ripjaws V - MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION

demoncamber
12-02-2015, 11:41 PM
Love this app! Is there a feature request thread or something I have a few suggestions.
Is there any way we can get an audible alert and pop up option if there's an error found while stressing? I find I miss it when it first happens because it's a very low key of an alert.

Nodens
12-03-2015, 08:27 AM
Hay Nodens

Ran My Z170 Platform last night and had some problems. I couldn't save or upload my results. Reporting was wrong against cpuid (1.73v) here's my cvf - http://meankeys.com/dl/cpuz.cvf

i5 6600K - DDR4 G.Skill ripjaws V - MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION

Hey Meankeys, somehow I missed your post. There's something funky going on with the mail notifications on the forum :/
Anyhow if you still have this issue, PM me a txt version of the report witht he CPU-Z version that is bundled with RB :)

Love this app! Is there a feature request thread or something I have a few suggestions.
Is there any way we can get an audible alert and pop up option if there's an error found while stressing? I find I miss it when it first happens because it's a very low key of an alert.

There is no specific feature request thread but this is a good suggestion and will add it at some point on later versions. Have in mind though that if the system is really unstable it's not guaranteed that the sound will play. It may freeze, produce a stop error or reboot before doing so.

Menthol
12-03-2015, 11:55 AM
Nodens,
Same here on MVII Hero and Extreme board, also sometimes Image editing starts but it takes sometime for the images to actually start and get a very low score for that portion

Nodens
12-04-2015, 06:31 AM
Menthol, by same you mean the issue Meankeys is experiencing? If yes, PM me CPU-Z txt format report, taken with bundled version.

The image test issue sounds like something is wrong on the i/o side. What you're describing is latency from drive/cable/driver or OS. Are there any errors logged in event viewer when this happens? Maybe disk i/o related ones?

Menthol
12-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Nodens,
Thanks and good to see you around, I'll run it and send you a file, my latency issue probably has something to do with my 2 different Nvme drives, I have a Samsung 950 Pro and an Intel 750 with Nvme drivers from both manufacturers installed on Win 7, I"ll remove one of the drives and drivers to see if that's it

Menthol
12-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Well I guess I'm not to smart, I can't attach a txt file

Nodens
12-04-2015, 02:35 PM
Use pastebin and pm me the link ;)

AkaNe0
12-14-2015, 03:20 AM
Nodens updated a new version of the Realbench fixing some of the issues.

Changelog is:
--Fixed a crash that would happen if user tried to close RB while it was collecting system specifications.
--Handling of a special case with the Stress Test.
--Implemented support for new hardware.

Benchmark can be downloaded <here> (http://rog.asus.com/file/?download=RealBench_v2.42.zip).

Thanks Nodens for this new Realbench v2.42 :D

Enjoy guys!

Vlada011
12-15-2015, 08:35 AM
I can't download RealBench 2.4.2 from WebStorage Page from some reason???

Menthol
12-15-2015, 12:37 PM
Same here Vlada

I have a copy, I am not sure it is the release version as it was sent to me by the master for testing, i am placing it in my dropbox and add the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/94r5mpyg1x19r2w/RealBench_v2.42.zip?dl=0

If I am not supposed to do this please let me know and I'll remove it

Nodens
12-15-2015, 03:45 PM
It's the same version alright :)

morreale
12-15-2015, 06:01 PM
Same here Vlada

I have a copy, I am not sure it is the release version as it was sent to me by the master for testing, i am placing it in my dropbox and add the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/94r5mpyg1x19r2w/RealBench_v2.42.zip?dl=0

If I am not supposed to do this please let me know and I'll remove it

Thanks!

are you l[XD]Menthol?

NemesisChild
12-15-2015, 10:17 PM
Yeah the web storage page is borked.

Menthol, thank you for the drop box d/l link....just verified it's 2.42

Vlada011
12-15-2015, 10:42 PM
Thanks for link, now I can download.

crouchgod@ROG
12-17-2015, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the drop dl. :)

deybdeybdeyb
12-21-2015, 10:59 AM
Quick question:

I used realbench 2.42, logged in using the tool, performed benchmark, got the result (around 93K++), press upload, upload successful, but I don't see my result in the Realbench sections. Is there some approvals and validations needed?

Thanks in advance! :)

Menthol
12-21-2015, 12:26 PM
Try on the right pane at top click show all scores from all users, then narrow it down by number of GPU's, motherboard, and then scroll through pages until you find your score

deybdeybdeyb
12-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Thank you Menthol, saw it already. :) I thought it should be under my username's score but instead it was my email address. haha. Thanks again!

Vlada011
12-21-2015, 08:33 PM
I run as well before few days...

I would overclock on 4.2GHz or more but I have old H100 cooler and he is not noisy on Balanced Speed.
I only could hear little fans, just as I like, I don't like dead silent PC,
and I would like to temps stay on 50-55C in games.
Later with better liquid cooler I will overclock and more and increase voltage on 1.25-1.3V now is enough
4.0GHz default voltage.

demoncamber
12-29-2015, 12:10 AM
Yeah what's going on with this? It's been a few weeks now, the download still doesn't work. This should be fixed!

demoncamber
12-29-2015, 12:17 AM
[center][size=5][b]v2 Leaderboard Link (http://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/)

Download Link (see leaderboard for latest version download)

Download link hasn't worked for a while, can we get another hosting service to upload to?