PDA

View Full Version : asus g750jx before buying

kevin.
01-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Hi!
Im wanting to buy the asus g750jx but before i need to know about the screen problems on the laptop.
From googling i can see that a LOT of them have horizontal lines and flickering issues which is really a turn off.
Do all the asus g750jx have this problem but people ignore them?

They also seemed to have found some solutions for them like installing specific drivers but those solutions did not seem to completely solve the issue and instead just 'reduced' the horizontal lines.
Is there a definitive solution for those issues that i did not find or will there be one?

Are the screen problems really that bad or can most people ignore them, cause once you notice them you cannot really unsee them anymore

getjohnalive
01-30-2014, 10:15 PM
I have G750JX without 3D Display and I never had screen problems with this laptop.
I heard that some screens problems are only on G750 series with 3D Display.

angrylemon
01-31-2014, 03:24 AM
Try and avoid getting a Che Mei screen, as mine has lines on some brighter colours.

Darnassus
01-31-2014, 05:16 AM
Hi!
Im wanting to buy the asus g750jx but before i need to know about the screen problems on the laptop.
From googling i can see that a LOT of them have horizontal lines and flickering issues which is really a turn off.
Do all the asus g750jx have this problem but people ignore them?

They also seemed to have found some solutions for them like installing specific drivers but those solutions did not seem to completely solve the issue and instead just 'reduced' the horizontal lines.
Is there a definitive solution for those issues that i did not find or will there be one?

Are the screen problems really that bad or can most people ignore them, cause once you notice them you cannot really unsee them anymore

With GeForce 334.67 Beta Driver practically everything looks perfect now. ( I'm on Chi Mei ) the issues are not easy to see now. There's no more gradient processing issues, and no more grey / black lines. They've made it so it's now a grid. You cannot see it though unless you press your face on the screen.

Chi Mei is stable now, as far as I'm aware, ever since the driver, everything looks perfect looking at the screen from 1 - 1.5 feet away.

It's all software related, too. So eventually any major / minor to all issues will be eradicated.

Don't fear any longer if your screen is Chi Mei. I am not sure about AUO screens, though. As far as I'm aware, the 3D screens are the only ones having trouble now.

I'm a proud user of the G750JX, and once I got the GeForce 334.67 Beta Driver it made a 100% difference, I no longer have any issues against the laptop. (Other than a few knit picky things physical related which I'm sure is on all 750 models)

sevymar
01-31-2014, 04:40 PM
I have the JX with 3D display and GeForce v327.02, have not seen any issues with the screen.

Prostar Computer
01-31-2014, 05:04 PM
The lines on the screen can point to a hardware defect, in which case you should not opt for accepting it and finding workarounds. Should you go for purchasing a G750 and you run into this problem, contact the seller for an exchange or contact Asus for support! It's a nice system, despite said precedent.

mitchyang80@yahoo.com
02-02-2014, 11:20 AM
hey Darnassus ur a savior!!..i updated to beta 334.67 and tadaa it works!!..no more screen lines...i am almost to bringing this laptop to the service center tomorrow..thanks for your solution..Kudos!!