PDA

View Full Version : Flickering Colored Pixels Moving Around My Screen

tristangemus
01-31-2014, 02:50 AM
Hello,

I own an Asus G750JW and has worked flawlessly for the last couple of months. Today I was doing some coding and noticed these multi-colored pixels on my screen, moving around. I instantly assumed it was an issue with my external display. When I undocked my laptop I realized it was on its display as well. Wondering if anyone has had the same problem or can recommend any troubleshooting tips? I have been looking everywhere but have not been able to find a working answer. I have provided a video to what exactly is going on. Hopefully this community can help me figure this out, much appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2mfr9psGs0

Thanks,
Tristan.

tristangemus
01-31-2014, 04:24 AM
UPDATE: The problem is removed when I deleted the driver from programs and adapter from device manager. Of course, this is inconvenient because I cannot use my card to its potential nor does the external display adapter work.

I attempted installing the latest version and once it installed the pixels came back. Will keep trying.

Darnassus
01-31-2014, 05:11 AM
Well it's definitely your card not your screen, as you can't record what your screen is doing. What NVidia drivers have you tried? What versions?

Most of us are going to GeForce 334.67 Beta Driver - BETA because it gets rid of the grey / black lines against dark screens, and also gradient processing troubles.

If you tried that and it doesn't work, try GeForce 327.23 Driver

tristangemus
01-31-2014, 02:45 PM
I had 332.21, latest stable driver. I am installing that driver now, I will post back when it is finished.

Prostar Computer
01-31-2014, 05:20 PM
If playing around with drivers does not work the problem out, you may be looking at faulty video RAM.

tristangemus
01-31-2014, 07:34 PM
Maybe I'll try sending it in.

When I uninstall the driver, the problem disappears.

NJivkov
01-31-2014, 11:47 PM
I am going to appolagise in advance - English is not my native language I just hope you can understand what I am saying.

I don't want to scare you, but it's probably not the driver itself, but a video controller going bad. I've just bought ROG 750JH with defective video controller, it works without any drivers, but as soon as I install any nvidia driver it starts to show video artefacts (like yours, but mostly in green and blue) and my video driver craches which ressults in screen going black and back again. I've tryed to resolve this problem on my own ... but with no success (reinstalling video drivers, OSes - 7,8,8.1 and dissabling other components from the BIOS did not help at all).
I RMAd my laptop and now am waiting for replacement model.

I wish you luck with yous.

Darnassus
02-01-2014, 01:51 AM
Yes I posted some questions but they got deleted. And if they were all in doubt then I was going to say your graphics isn't plugged into the board properly. ;d

I'm thinking if you uninstall the driver, that may be the issue.

Have you done a clean install, though?

tristangemus
02-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I have a feeling it is hardware damage now. It goes off and on. I believe they have a one year warranty correct? Maybe I'll send it in. Thanks for the help everybody.

Tristan

Darnassus
02-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Should have two years in my understanding.

NJivkov
02-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Standard warranty is 2 years, but it really depends from where you've bought it. Please keep us updated in your case :)