PDA

View Full Version : G750 power pack failed

fibua
01-31-2014, 06:18 AM
HI

I have an Asus ROG G750Jw laptop still under warranty and the power pack has failed, I have proved this is the problem as my son has the same laptop and it works, plus I have purchased a new one, my problem is that to get the power pack problem investigated I have to send the laptop as well, this could take up to 17 days, this I feel is unacceptable, has any one got ideas how I can sort this out with just sending the power pack?

Many thanks

Darnassus
01-31-2014, 06:38 AM
You should just be able to notify your power brick has died and request a new one to be dispatched to you. Try give them a ring and tell them.

cl-Albert
01-31-2014, 05:52 PM
It may depend on the service policy of your local ASUS service center and this may not help, but assume they also want your notebook to make sure it's really an issue with your AC adapter and not something else.

If you haven't already, check if it will help to provide the serial number of your son's notebook, or pictures/videos/more details of your notebook using your adapter compared to your son's adapter or the other adapter you bought to see if it can convince them it's only a problem with your AC adapter and nothing else.

You probably already thought of this, but if the ASUS service center isn't too far, you might ask if it's possible to bring your notebook and/or drop off your AC adapter and pick up another one (or have the AC adapter sent to you after you drop off your defective adapter (but keep your notebook)).

If you haven't been talking to your local ASUS support, you might also want to discuss more with them using this contact page http://support.asus.com/Hotlines.aspx?SLanguage=en

Let me know If you're located in the U.S. or Canada, but unfortunately, I'm not as familiar with service policies in the other regions.

Sorry this couldn't be easier and good luck in finding a better solution!

Prostar Computer
01-31-2014, 07:24 PM
Generally Asus policy is to have the whole system in to inspect the charging circuit on the board, so it may not be easy to acquire a simple swap of the power supply under warranty. Speaking with support and possibly escalating the issue over the phone may be the most viable approach.

fibua
02-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Thank ypo for all of your replies, I have spoken to Asus support and yes it is their policy to have the complete system, I explained that I have brought a new power supply, this means that I can send back the suspect power supply but I must write a letter confirming that is all that needed testing, if they find no problem I will be charged postage and inspection fee, I think that seeing a new power supply and my sons works on my laptop, I should be good. For info I am in UK.

Many thanks