PDA

View Full Version : Shame on you ASUS!

Nehmia
02-01-2014, 07:27 PM
5 months since the release of Windows 8.1 and the G750JX and G750JH in addition to many other laptops like the G75VW, G75VX all have a windows 8.1 Drivers download section that is empty or incomplete!

I made a post about this last month and all we got was promises.

I then contacted a moderator here and he said he has no control over the guys at ASUS this is just a support forum where users help each other.

I emailed ASUS but they don't reply back other than the acknowledgement email

What's more annoying is that the G750JW has most the drivers already but not its bigger brothers! Surely it's not that hard if they figured out the drivers of the G750JW to update the G750JX and JH as their hardware is very similar.

and what made me make this post is that yesterday I went to the mall to buy my wife an entry level $700 USD laptop, ASUS was among the choices I had but due to their poor driver support I bought her an Acer V5 Touch!

I know, Acer, supposedly one of the worst companies out there, but what caught me was the price and decent touch screen the laptop had.

I configured her laptop, then logged on to Acer's website, and they had all the Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 drivers listed!!

Her laptop also has an Atheros WLAN chipset for the Wifi but it's an AR5BWB222 and it supports 5GHz. and @ 2.4 Ghz. networks unlike my $2500 USD G750JX which has a crappy Atheros WLAN chipset that only supports 2.4 Ghz. and connects to my router @ 70 MB/S while her cheap entry laptop

http://i60.tinypic.com/2zi3cpt.png

I know, now the moderators will either delete my thread or just defend ASUS rather than work with the customer and the managent of ASUS to end this joke!

Seriously! the nVIDIA Drivers offered are crap and I can't update to the latest ones as I have the 3D version so I must stick to the ASUS Drivers! Virtual Camera and LifeFrame hasn't been updated in 2 years! along with many other drivers!

Even Acer has newer drivers for the Atheros WLAN, check them here if you don't believe me

http://tinyurl.com/plort86

Then click on Windows 8.1 from the drop down list

you will see the Atheros WLAN Driver v10.0.0.276 while the one on the G750JW page is the v10.0.0.268 which suffers from a lot of random disconnections. and the latest one on the general ASUS Drivers download page is v10.0.0.274

This is the 3rd time I buy an ASUS laptop, first one was a G73SW which had a faulty scren, then I got a G75VW which ASUS Service center fried its motherboard while trying to change its screen and now this G750JX which i've been spending endless hours formatting due to its crappy Windows 8.1 Drivers and no official Windows 7 Drivers!

Last time ASUS! better go back to what you guys do best - MOTHERBOARD and leave the laptop business to companies who know what they are doing and actually care about their customers and ensure to deliver the software necessary to make the hardware work properly

Praz
02-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Would be best to post all this praise of the V5 Touch on the Acer forum.