PDA

View Full Version : How to get good performance whilst playing on battery?

MrKidd
02-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Playing games w/o being plugged in
RIG: G750JW Laptop/ GTX 765M/ i7-4700HQ

I basically want to play be able to play games without having to be plugged in. When I play games like League of Legends on battery, the fps drops down dramatically as to playing it plugged it. I tried changing the Minimum Processor State to 100% on battery so I could play games but performance is still pretty bad. Is there a way for me to play games with good performance on battery?

PS: Sorry I couldn't word it any better, hope you guys understand

angrylemon
02-02-2014, 03:43 PM
The answer is no sadly. ASUS sacrificed performance for battery life.

sasuke256
02-02-2014, 06:45 PM
update to the last bios and you will have decent performance on battery, with the stock one the cpu is locked @ 800Mhz on battery..
try to avoid gaming on battery it really kills it :)

Zygomorphic
02-02-2014, 08:03 PM
The answer is no sadly. ASUS sacrificed performance for battery life.
To an extent yes. However, laptop batteries aren't designed to source the necessary current, as it is so high when playing games. Over-drawing a Lithium-Ion battery can damage it.

Antronman
02-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Tune in to FOX television today m' boys!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Maxter
02-08-2014, 01:17 AM
Low demanding games you should play ok with the newer BIOS revision. The battery cannot provide enough power to OC the CPU and boost the GPU at the same time, so it'll increase one and decrease the other one and vice versa (as needed). Some demanding games will seem laggy because of this every few seconds. This is a technology issue... the battery is a 150+ old technology and it has its limits.

cl-Albert
02-08-2014, 02:48 AM
Be sure to check your bios version though as sasuke256 mentioned since the newer bios versions should improve the gaming performance on battery power at least compared to some of the older bios versions.