PDA

View Full Version : g750jx, sound problem (no sound)

martinastrom
02-02-2014, 10:39 PM
on my g750jx notebook i use displayport to benq xl2420t monitor..now the sound only works when i plug in the headphones in my benq monitor. cant get sound just from the notebook anymore...ive put speakers on default, dont work. please help!

gazzacbr
02-03-2014, 04:15 AM
have you checked both the realtek settings HD Audio Manager and also the windows sound settings.
they seem to be connected ok, when i change one the other changes but try to change both anyway.
have you lost sound now even after disconnecting the display and a reboot?
otherwise, try to relaod the Waves Maxaudio drivers from Asus site if you dont have them.

but while you are here, you are the first person i've seen that has tried the display port.
what cables do you have?

martinastrom
02-03-2014, 10:27 PM
have you checked both the realtek settings HD Audio Manager and also the windows sound settings.
they seem to be connected ok, when i change one the other changes but try to change both anyway.
have you lost sound now even after disconnecting the display and a reboot?
otherwise, try to relaod the Waves Maxaudio drivers from Asus site if you dont have them.

but while you are here, you are the first person i've seen that has tried the display port.
what cables do you have?

i have installed newest driver, ive made a factory reset and still no sound...and no sound even when i disconnect the displayport.
Think its broken somehow.....laptop speakers is not working niether does it work if i plug in headphones/ bigger speakers, its like the laptop jack doenst feel when i plug something in it:(
But sound is working normal when i use displayport Cable into monitor and when i plug in my headphones/ bigger speakers via my monitor's headphone jack..dunno wtf is wrong. Im so sad, now i have to send it back and wait for a new one. please help me...

about why i use displayport is that i want 120hz

cl-Albert
02-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Not sure if this will help, but double-check that your Windows 8 sounds settings are correct or set the speakers to the default device if necessary by right clicking the speaker icon on your taskbar to see the option for Playback devices as below.
Screenshot is from my G750Jw running Win8.1 if it matters.

Also, wanted to make sure you 'reset' Win8 instead of 'refreshed' Win8, but you shouldn't see any software that you installed anymore if Win8 was 'reset' and you should get the Windows Welcome screens to type in your user name and computer name, etc.

Well, hope this can help.

martinastrom
02-03-2014, 11:33 PM
Not sure if this will help, but double-check that your Windows 8 sounds settings are correct or set the speakers to the default device if necessary by right clicking the speaker icon on your taskbar to see the option for Playback devices as below.
Screenshot is from my G750Jw running Win8.1 if it matters.

Also, wanted to make sure you 'reset' Win8 instead of 'refreshed' Win8, but you shouldn't see any software that you installed anymore if Win8 was 'reset' and you should get the Windows Welcome screens to type in your user name and computer name, etc.

Well, hope this can help.

i have speakers on default. and i guess i removed whole c: and reinstalled win 8