PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Platinum memory overclocking

Rossi~
09-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi all, loving the GTX 580 Matrix Platinum, great card! I have a question regarding memory overclocking and voltage.

I currently have the core overclocked to 900MHZ using a slight bump in core voltage but now i'm tackling the memory. I have no idea where to shoot, whether i need to touch the memory voltage or whether to even bother.
If i remember correctly i could in fact just increase it to 4800MHz and gain little to no performance and the DDR5 means that the timings will be altered automatically to gain stability when overclocking, rendering it almost pointless?

Any tips on Matrix memory overclocking and voltages? What have you got running at the moment?

cravinmild
09-23-2011, 04:47 PM
excelent question Rossi,

Ive been just lightly starting my oc on my Matrix card also. Just core oc right now 1001mhz so far :) Id like to start with my timings before increasing the frequency and voltages...see if i can raise my benchmark scores abit. There is a forum here http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=683965 that is active with ocing the Matrix card. This may help you in your quest. Seems that high oc on mem and lower core (stock-ish) produce the same results as a high core clock with stock mem.

Hope it helps you abit
good luck and post back if you get anything of use here.