PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Power Cord

Massquatch
02-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Need some help here. In October we bought a G750 JW, the Best Buy version. Great machine. But, a couple of weeks ago, my wife noticed that it wasn't charging even though it was plugged in. I checked it out, and the part of the cord that's hard-wired into the power block has broken away. The wires are still connected but the plastic part that attaches to the block has broken. The wire has to be set a certain way to make the connection to charge.
I would like to get a new one, and will buy one if necessary, but after only 5 months the cord is broken? Wouldn't this be something that Asus should be willing to replace? This was a 1200 dollar laptop after all.
Where's the best place to contact about this issue? I called the customer service number and the guy wanted to remote connect to my computer. Why I don't know. When he did connect, all he did was do a Google search for the laptop. Yes, the laptop came up, but not a link to a place to buy the cord. Now, I could have done a search myself. He seemed like he really wasn't sure what he was doing.
Is there an Asus parts department I can call? Another service number? An Asus website for parts?
But again, a problem after only about 5 months? Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Help?

Praz
02-03-2014, 11:48 PM
For a RMA contact ASUS support at ASUS.com. If you wish to purchase another adapter you can do so using the link below.

http://us.estore.asus.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=5113

CRANCKED
02-04-2014, 06:39 AM
i have the same issue here on my g750jx.... mine its even newer i realize the cord just came off after a month that i own the lap.... This is really disappointing asus should replace the adapter not sending link to buy one......

Praz
02-04-2014, 01:48 PM
i have the same issue here on my g750jx.... mine its even newer i realize the cord just came off after a month that i own the lap.... This is really disappointing asus should replace the adapter not sending link to buy one......
I normally do not respond to "me too" posts. They usually do nothing to bring a resolution to the issue at hand, cause confusion and are rude to the person starting the thread. However, for the sake of clarity I will expand on my post above. My initial response was to request a RMA for replacement under warranty. I only provided the link to the replacement AC adapter as Massquatch specifically asked for info to a website where parts for his laptop could be found.

Massquatch
02-17-2014, 12:58 AM
I took your advice Praz and submitted all the info to Asus. Still haven't heard back yet. Been almost 2 weeks. Do they not stand behind their products? I have to say that I'm a bit let down. We've given these guys more than 2400 dollars over the past 2 years. Shame really. I'll call the parts department and see if they can help me.

Praz
02-17-2014, 01:04 AM
If you need further assistance PM cl-Albert. He might be able to help out.

Massquatch
02-17-2014, 02:43 AM
I'll do that. Thanks Praz.

cl-Albert
02-18-2014, 06:10 PM
@Massquatch, I'll also send you a PM, but below are some threads you might also want to check.

Not sure how well it will work, but if you purchased it from Best Buy and haven't talked to them, it may be another option to consider:
Where is my power supply!!! [solved] (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?42986-Where-is-my-power-supply!!!-solved&highlight=g750+adapter)

If you would like to pursue it with U.S. ASUS Support, you might already know you can also chat or reach them by phone, but not sure how easy it will be to get it covered if physical damage is involved:
http://www.service.asus.com/#!consumer/csn9

If you prefer to purchase the AC adapter for the G750JW and G750JX, you can use the same 180W adapter used by the G75VW as mentioned in this post, but you may also want to get approval from the U.S. eStore site if possible:
A/c power adapter for the g750jx rb71 (http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?43391-A-c-power-adapter-for-the-g750jx-rb71&highlight=g750+adapter)

Massquatch
02-20-2014, 10:25 AM
I went into Best Buy and they said it wasn't covered by them and that I should contact Asus, which I did. I was prepared to buy another cord while I was there, but they said that because of the kind of computer it is, they don't stock aftermarket replacement parts. Something to do with whats required for a gaming laptop and the power required. I'll call Asus and see if I can resolve this. Thanks for the help folks!

cl-Albert
02-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the update and let us know how this turns out if possible or if you still run into any problems.

The U.S. eStore site shows the G75VW 180w adapter is in stock today and even included the G750JW in the compatible models before you click on the details, but is still missing from the G750JW parts list for whatever reason.

Massquatch
03-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Good news! Got a brand new power cord yesterday. I packed up the old cord, shipped it out last week. They must have agreed with me that in such a short time, there shouldn't have been an issue. Thanks for the help folks, and thank you ASUS!

Praz
03-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Hello

Good to hear and thanks for posting the outcome. :)

Psistorm
07-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Hello, sorry to hi-jack this thread (I know the OP's issue has already been solved), but I have been trying to get a hold of cl-Albert since last week. PLEASE PM me cl-Albert or refer to my thread at http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?49042-Please-help-DOA-advanced-RMA-RIVE&country=&status=

Edit by cl-Albert: Psistorm, not sure why the PMs didn't get through, but just sent you a message.