PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Browser Display Problem [solved]

aviwil
02-04-2014, 03:39 PM
I have a G73SW - a while ago I got the following :
While in Chrome , I click to open a link in a new tab . I wait before transferring to that tab , and the circular arrow stops rotating , to indicate that the page has been received from the internet . When I actually move over into the new tab , the screen display ( within the tab ) will be blank for even a couple of seconds , before the page actually displays . Before this , always would have a virtually immediate page display there . Chrome has a hardware acceleration setting - changing it has no effect on this . I've tried changing Nvidia GTX 460M drivers - also no effect .
Any ideas please ?

Hexpigge
02-09-2014, 07:27 PM
You could try cleaning out Chrom's cache and history using, for example, CCleaner (free program). Sometimes it's as simple as that.

aviwil
02-10-2014, 06:43 AM
Thanks Hexpigge .
I've tried that and malware virus type scans - didn't help .
I suspect there may be some hardware thing here .

Hexpigge
02-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Actually no. It could be just Chrome, it's far from perfect. it could be one of the extensions. Type this in the URL bar: chrome://extensions/ disable all of them and check whether or not it fixes the issue. If it does it must be something there. Hope it will help. Keep us updated : ].

aviwil
02-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Hexpigge - you were right ! Well done !
I have RoboForm extension - great app - and it is the culprit - didn't used to do that .
I'll send this to their support .
Thank you .
I have some other problems - and still suspect some hardware thing - I'll put this in another thread .
Thanks again .

Hexpigge
02-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Glad to help. Post the issue and we'll try to work it out, mate.

aviwil
02-10-2014, 09:26 AM
Mate ?
You wouldn't happen to hail from the dinky dye true blue Oz island , would ya ?

Hexpigge
02-10-2014, 09:28 AM
No. I happen to be tired and that's when I start to act and talk British... it just happens :D. I'm from Lithuania (EU). Onto your next topic now! :D