PDA

View Full Version : OpenCL GPU&CPU?

GoosNL
02-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Hallo,

I'm new around here so here's a short intro...
Name--> Goos, from Holland
pc--> asus hero mb, 4670K, 16gb corsair vengeance LP, gtx780 dc2, psu coolermaster 750

Can i enable the cpu for openCL benchmark? or would this be cheating?
I have noticed that the cl benchmark does't improve the overall score much,
but i just would like to see the differance.

Here's my currect score (http://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/?search=goos)

Goos

Nodens
02-11-2014, 11:28 AM
CPU OpenCL is automatically used if a driver for it is installed. And no it is not cheating:)

GoosNL
02-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the answer. I did see an improvement after installing a opencl driver, but i didn't know if i had 'check' the cpu box in the render benchmark for it to work.

Goos

_
02-14-2014, 05:31 AM
Thanks for the answer. I did see an improvement after installing a opencl driver, but i didn't know if i had 'check' the cpu box in the render benchmark for it to work.

Goos

The benchmark is automated, no need to click anything after it's started :)

Ambidexter
02-15-2014, 12:59 AM
Too bad I didn't see these posts sooner. I rebenched my M6F & 4770K and noticed at 39X my GPU temp was 55+, as I went faster, the GPU temp went down. At 47x47x46x46 core and ring at 44, I was seeing no GPU activity at all, 0% GPU. The temp was 28-30, just like when the stress started. With my Nvidia control panel, I forced the Physx to GPU and now, at the same clock, my GPU is 100% at 56 degrees.

So, I'll turn it back to auto, but it's good to know I didn't fry my card or something! :D

Cheers,

-Ambi

Ambidexter
02-15-2014, 01:21 AM
BTW, when the OpenCL traffic goes to my CPU, the stress test seems to work OK...with one exception. The LuxMark application window doesn't display any info about the hardware, and the window never has any graphics drawn in it. I guess that makes sense if there's some "virtual" display that OpenCL operates on when in CPU mode, but I'd have expected some message or other indication that the test was going to CPU instead.

Thanks,

-Ambi

Too bad I didn't see these posts sooner. I rebenched my M6F & 4770K and noticed at 39X my GPU temp was 55+, as I went faster, the GPU temp went down. At 47x47x46x46 core and ring at 44, I was seeing no GPU activity at all, 0% GPU. The temp was 28-30, just like when the stress started. With my Nvidia control panel, I forced the Physx to GPU and now, at the same clock, my GPU is 100% at 56 degrees.

So, I'll turn it back to auto, but it's good to know I didn't fry my card or something! :D

Cheers,

-Ambi

Nodens
02-15-2014, 04:51 PM
BTW, when the OpenCL traffic goes to my CPU, the stress test seems to work OK...with one exception. The LuxMark application window doesn't display any info about the hardware, and the window never has any graphics drawn in it. I guess that makes sense if there's some "virtual" display that OpenCL operates on when in CPU mode, but I'd have expected some message or other indication that the test was going to CPU instead.

That means there is a problem with your system. Bad OpenCL driver for the CPU most likely. When your system is fine it will show everything.

megastarkey
04-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Anyone have a link for opencl AMD and Intel drivers?

AMD - 8350 and 9370
Intel - 4770k and 4670k

Thanks!

GoosNL
04-06-2014, 09:53 AM
for opencl intel drivers just google-->opencl driver intel

See post below...

_
04-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Should be packed inside the standard graphics driver.

Nodens
04-07-2014, 06:48 PM
for opencl intel drivers just google-->opencl driver intel :p or KLIK (http://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsource/tools/opencl-sdk)

That's not the driver. As MarshallR said the driver is part of the Graphics driver package. The link above is the OpenCL SDK (Software Development Kit) and it's for developing OpenCL applications.

ha1o2surfer
04-09-2014, 11:10 PM
There is something else going on besides the driver. I think the wrong switch may be used because I can run my CPU OpenCL standalone but it doesn't automatically get checked when running the "realbench" version. I get around 1060 score in luxmark with all OpenCL GPU's + CPU's enabled so fixing this will greatly increase my score.

Not that I already have the most powerful G46VW here or anything already ;)

EDIT: Here is a comparison of the Luxmark scores..

540 ish for "RealBench" version and 1060 ish Running manually

ha1o2surfer
04-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Not to be a pest but I also noticed one more thing. While running the real bench version of luxmark I got 540ish as you konw from above. But If I run the same settings on standalone luxmark (all OpenCL GPU's) I get around 675. Why such lower numbers in the real bench version of luxmark? I would suggest letting luxmark use all devices as it can test throttling (if any)

Nodens
05-06-2014, 02:33 PM
Any comparison with the original Luxmark should not be made. For everal reasons:

1) The versions are different (you're comparing 2.0 vs 2.1 which is not available as a binary but only if you compile it from git source.
2) RB version is different from 2.1 git version as well as it depends on Qt5, instead of Qt4 and it and its dependencies are built with different toolchains. As in RB's version is modified.
3) The scene we are rendering is different as well, even if 1 and 2 were not the case, the results would still be different.

Bottomline is do not compare the OpenCL test results of RB with plain Luxmark. Period. :)

ha1o2surfer
06-10-2014, 10:55 PM
I see what you are saying but even when it comes to the test, RB claims my CPU is at 100% where taskmanager says 15-25% It's only using the Intel HD 4000 and the GTX 660m where as I thought it would also use the CPU as well. That is where my confusion lies.

tzp0slk
06-30-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm new around here. So forgive me this question but i must ask. I'm not really understood earlier post or on the platform i5 3570k Maximus V Extreme and GTX 770 GPU should i have switch on graphic intel HD 4000 to raise my score in RealBench? I currently have turned off and uninstalled the drivers intel hd graphics using the tools display driver uninstaller. Having 2 graphics enabled make me some errors and I had just turned off the built-in CPU. Thank you very much for your answer. And to how enable in OpenCL part of benchmark CPU and GPU ....