PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the screen.

JInst86
02-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Hey guys,
I just purchased a G750JH, and love it, thing's great. But when there's certain colors and shades on the screen, you can easily see the pixels in vertical columns separated at a normal viewing distance. Just seeing if this is the way the screens are or its mine in particular. Thanks.

KoolASUS
02-10-2014, 10:33 PM
it's the G750 itself. (or more precisely the motherboard i think, since changing the screen won't fix this)
some say the latest nvidia drivers fix it, but then you see a grid and not lines.
there is no definive solution.

noone
02-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Each of the GPU's seems to present different artifacts. Which screen? Matte / Glossy 3d?

JInst86
02-11-2014, 02:59 AM
I have the matte 60Hz screen. Good example is the black background on this webpage, it's not solid black, I can see all the rows of pixels vertically. Each row is a lighter shade then the darker gap between them. Its a little distracting and seems cheap to me.

KoolASUS
02-11-2014, 07:44 PM
there were many threads about that. (search)
some users were banned (?) or left the forum (because they complained about asus not fixing this ?) i dunno.
anyway, almost every g750 suffers from this phenomenon. don't know about other laptop brands.

faulty nvidia gpu ? faulty asus motherboard ? faulty driver ?

JInst86
02-12-2014, 03:14 PM
I managed to fix this issue! I was reading one of the stickys in this forum, and the person had mentioned something about the Asus Splendid causing this issue. I uninstalled and restarted, now there is no more veritcal lines. Couldn't ne happier, thanks for the input regardless. Cheers.

Darnassus
02-13-2014, 08:55 AM
It's nice to hear you've fixed it and enjoy your product. Don't forget to visit the forums again for more help in the future! :3

But most important, thank you for sharing your fix to the community!