PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to Charge G750JX 's battery ?

blackbomb
02-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Hello everyone,

I have a G750jx and I was wondering that, do I need to charge the battery when it drains completely or when it's approximately 40 percent or less than that!?

Dr. Zchivago
02-13-2014, 12:33 PM
As I understand it, you'll get the best battery life out of ~30% discharge (100% discharged down to ~70%) before recharging. This, of course, depends on the individual battery; but, that's what I do. I only discharge further than that if I'm away from the charger. Perhaps once per month, on average, I let the battery fully discharge; and then I fully recharge with the laptop powered off.

If I'll be using my G55 in my room for long periods, I take out the battery once it's fully charged and just run off of the wall adapter.

In the six months I've had my G55, the battery has degraded (according to HW Monitor) by only 3%, which is pretty good in my experience. With that, I don't notice any shortened battery life - minimal as it is.

Z

Darnassus
02-13-2014, 12:48 PM
I personally would never allow a li-ion battery discharge below 20% as it kills off the charge cells. But that's just me. I discharge once a fortnight to 50% then charge back up to full to 'condition' it.

Prostar Computer
02-13-2014, 06:55 PM
20% to 80% is ideal. Once in a while it's a good idea to fully charge the battery, then FULLY discharge it (0%). This puts more wear on the cells but it recalibrates things.

There is some useful info here (http://batterycare.net/en/index.html) and here (http://batteryuniversity.com/). :)

Maxter
02-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Try not to charge the battery if you have more than 60% (this will increase the chance of metal degradation within the battery, decreasing its capacity faster than what was planned). Emptying the battery to 0% is a must for an accurate recalibration of the battery (I do it once or twice a month - same with cell phone). Remember that the battery works as a redox (reduction-oxidation) reaction, so its lifetime can be maximized by not adding more stress than necessary to this reaction (charging bits here and there also decreases its lifetime). Once you plug, allow for the battery to reach 100% before you want to unplug (this way, the reaction is complete).