PDA

View Full Version : We've got tickets to Geforce LAN, who wants to go?

Brian@ASUS
09-23-2011, 12:04 AM
YO YO YO! I'm sure you guys have already heard about Geforce LAN going down October 14-16! From what I saw, they are all SOLD OUT! Boo Hoo..:(
http://www.geforce.com/Active/en_US/shared/images/geforce-lan/header-gflan6.jpg

Well... I "personally" happen to have 2 tickets to give away to our ROG Forum members! These tickets allow you to get to the BYOC and SLEEP OVER for LAN CAMP!

This is what the package comes with, ($130 value + whatever you might win at the event):
BYOC

Acces to GeForce LAN exhibits and USS Hornet museum all weekend during general admission hours
Entry into official contests and tournaments
Entry into official raffle
One seat and 3 feet of table space
~4 amps of electrical
Friday night opening reception (including two drink tickets for over 21)
Saturday and Sunday lunch
Saturday night dinner
Awesome swag bag
Proceeds will go toward Child's Play charity, with 100% matched by the employee-lead NVIDIA Foundation
Option to liveaboard the USS Hornet (for additional fee; limited space available; see GeForce LAN FAQ for details)

LAN Camp

Add-on option (for BYOC / BYOC L33T passes only) for 2 nights in the barracks aboard the USS Hornet

IMPORTANT NOTE: Accommodations are very simple.

Now as to how I'm going to give these away... I would like you to convince me WHY I should give you a ticket to go to this awesome LAN event.

You need to follow NVIDIA's rules, read here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=210185
You need to be a ROG member and have at least 10 posts or more to qualify.
Due to legal reason, you need to be 18+ years or have a guardian's consent of going, I believe NVIDIA have their own rules regarding minors.
You need to tell me that you have proper transportation to make it out to the event otherwise, why bother asking for tickets to something you're not going to.
You need to post in this thread only ONCE, on why i should give you the tickets. That is the general question I am asking, you can be creative, genuine, nice, just don't be an @$$. CONVINCE ME WHY I SHOULD CHOOSE YOU!
Cut off time is 9/30/2011 1:00pm PST. Ill look over comments and pick after that.

GO!

V2-V3
09-23-2011, 12:49 AM
You should choose me because I <3 ROG!

grungeboy2
09-23-2011, 01:12 AM
man, i'd love to go to something like this. i wish i made the kind of money to get out there and back.

chrsplmr
09-23-2011, 02:43 AM
To far for me too.Good Luck everyone...take pics ...have a blast.
Sweet treat.

G4MER
09-23-2011, 04:11 AM
Oh Man.. I really wish I could do this.. But that is when my Mini-Mesters starts... or I would be all over this, just to show off that new system and represent the ROG! So good luck and please people who go, get us some video and pictures.. ROG ON!

Here is a link to the LAN site: http://www.geforce.com/landingpage/geforce-lan/

Cody_Irwin
09-23-2011, 04:24 AM
wtb east coaster love >.> god!!!! lol how about @Asus brings a event to east coast =p

H4VOK89
09-23-2011, 05:09 AM
I have been killing myself trying to get a ticket. The first time I was at a lecture and couldn't get a ticket. The second go, I got an error on the reg site and got screwed out of getting a ticket. I have like 15 of my friends going and would be super upset if I missed out. If I can get a ticket I will give anyone (up to 3 people) and their rigs a ride if they are on the way down or near Sacramento. I don't do much other than school work and watch my little girl but when I do get out it's almost always for LANs either at a friends or intel and nvidia. If I get a ticket I would do anything.

lightning363
09-23-2011, 12:25 PM
man kinda far for me.good luck and take a lot of pictures

DaemonCantor
09-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Thank you Brian for the chance but I respectfully decline, it would be better for the younger generation to get to do some of these things...After all They are the Future...

xeromist
09-23-2011, 06:25 PM
I have my ticket and you guys do not want to miss this!

*New users please note that the 10 post requirement should be 10 *relevant* posts. Please do not spam junk to get your posts. This contest is open for a week so you have plenty of time to participate in the community here. If you need ideas start a thread telling us about your modded PC or start a thread about your favorite gaming experiences. Your friendly team of moderators thanks you. :)

Area 66
09-23-2011, 07:59 PM
I suggest you disqualify right away H4VOK89, we gone have plenty of yoyo like him who will register and post anything .

xeromist
09-23-2011, 08:14 PM
I suggest you disqualify right away H4VOK89, we gone have plenty of yoyo like him who will register and post anything .

MO, these tickets sold out in 4 hours and a lot of people missed out. We are going to get new members looking for tickets so all we can do is hope that some of them stick around. I'm sure that Brian will take into consideration the difference between people who have posted throw away comments in order to inflate a post count and those that have actually tried to participate. Anything completely irrelevant and spammy the moderators will be deleting anyway.

Brian@ASUS
09-23-2011, 08:57 PM
hey guys i told H4VOK89 that he needed to get his posts up to 10 to qualify. anyone is free to comment. you dont need 10 posts before to enter, just at the end on who will qualify or not. so please dont harass him.

H4VOK89
09-24-2011, 01:22 AM
Btw I forgot to post I have a car to get there. Sorry for posting twice. >_<

H4VOK89
09-24-2011, 01:25 AM
My spam like comments have been removed. I have apologized for doing it. I have been warned. I now have 12 legit posts.

speed
09-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Wow that looks like fun. Wish it was in Orlando or Tampa then I would go. Good luck to who ever needs it. lol Hope you enjoy the lan. I don't think 3 ft of space would be enough for me. My monitor is 46" by itself. lol I would need a wagon to take all my stuff. lol

Area 66
09-24-2011, 12:50 PM
hey guys i told H4VOK89 that he needed to get his posts up to 10 to qualify. .

I think I understand now, it's all about have the number of members increase, the content is not important.

H4VOK89
09-24-2011, 03:41 PM
:cool: Come on MO, Let's not get all pissy about it. I'm sure you can act like an adult and accept that he asked you to not harass me in order to prevent any conflict. That's all. I posted spam like comments on a personal friends thread which he told me I could. I was warned, my replies removed and I have been contributing legitimately since. Let's just calm down and get along. And as far as a forum being used to market, of course it is. That's how companies work. There is a thread just for it. It's not meant to get people in here and them to spam random threads. That's why my comments have been removed. The company and its admins are just doing their jobs. No need to get upset about it. As far as I've seen I'm one of the VERY FEW new member caused by this promotion. It's just how life goes on any forum. :cool:

H4VOK89
09-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Also, we are getting of thread topic. For the sake of this thread, if you'd like to talk to me more about this then please send me messages.

Area 66
09-24-2011, 06:32 PM
:cool: Come on MO, Let's not get all pissy about it. I'm sure you can act like an adult :

And how you are to tell me to act like an adult, I was talking to Brian not you, he is the admin here here and we have mod, so if I go off topic it's to them to tell me.

I think I make my share of posts in this forum so I can say I don't like the idea of have new peoples to come here post anything just to have a ticket. It’s not harassment it’s the right to an Asus customers and forum member to say what I thing of it. I firmly believe Brian is right to make thing to attract new members, but it’s the way it’s done this time I dislike, I will have prefer see a draft who any members can have enroll without minimum post , so we will not have a bloating of posts.

I will like to add that usually I really like what Brian do here, his dog tag was a great idea, the review also was a great idea, 3 months ago on Newegg they make a sweepstake, may be 200 news members enroll, good thing they don't have to post 10 times, as results , all the winner was news members than we never see again after, fortunately, 1 don't claim his price and they draw it again and it fall on the person I have the most respect on that forum, a person that always help others.

G4MER
09-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Speed, I have an idea.. see if you can get some ASUS - ROG Support and start an event.. it does not have to be big to begin with... but then you would have your event out your way, ASUS / ROG would have a team player out that way to contact should they want to do something bigger. Just an idea.

People, I am new here and just wanted to say, please get along.. there is no need for this drama. This Havok person really really wants to go.. as do many others, I do, but due to other obligations I just cant. I think before we start a thread war we just all allow the mods and admins the time to deal with it.. they have impressed me with their abilities to take care of situations and make sound choices.

Question, how often does GEFORCE have these LAN Parties? Maybe next time I can get to one of these. Oh another Question, How many events like this does ASUS/ROG attend? can we get a calendar some place to show all the coming events you'll be attending to plan our event schedules around. Thanks!

H4VOK89
09-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Please dont take what you have quoted from me as me trying to be insulting. And my mistake for thinking you were talking me. I think he said a minimum of 10 posts to encourage people to participate in the forums hoping they would take an interest in them. Or so already established members can get a chance. And I only suggested trying to stay on topic as a way to not flood this thread with a bunch of stuff that doesnt have anything really to do with the contest.

xeromist
09-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Question, how often does GEFORCE have these LAN Parties? Maybe next time I can get to one of these. Oh another Question, How many events like this does ASUS/ROG attend? can we get a calendar some place to show all the coming events you'll be attending to plan our event schedules around. Thanks!

Nvidia has been doing these for a number of years and this is the 6th event. The previous one was part of Nvision 08 which was about as grandiose as a convention gets. With the economic downturn we haven't seen one in the last few years but I'm glad they're back.

All that is to say that Nvidia has done them on a varying scale of epicness and timing so I don't really know what the future will hold.

Six Foot Ginger
09-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Wish i was going, kind of hard to run an event though and attend another

xeromist
09-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Wish i was going, kind of hard to run an event though and attend another

Yeah, I really wish the timing didn't happen the way it did. This just sucks all around.

Brian@ASUS
09-28-2011, 03:42 AM
well... i guess theres only 1 person that wants the ticket

69_Goat
09-28-2011, 03:51 AM
If it wasn't for the $1000 airfare and hotel, I'd be all over this.

Brian@ASUS
09-28-2011, 04:45 AM
free hotel! you get to sleep on the ship!

speed
09-28-2011, 07:41 AM
I would love that ticket, but I have to work for a living and the boss is a @$$. Wait a second I'm the boss. Let H4VOK89 have it. Seems like he can make it there.

Brian@ASUS
09-28-2011, 08:08 AM
yea but i have 2!

DaemonCantor
09-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Pick a deserving co-worker and treat them if nobody else wants it

G4MER
09-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Lets see, 18 hour drive from El Paso to the Port in Cali. 2 Days of Gaming, then another 18 hour drive back.. hummm...

Brian@ASUS
09-28-2011, 04:30 PM
co workers are already going. dang i didnt think it would be this hard to get people to grab some free tickets lol

H4VOK89
09-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Am I allowed both tickets? One for me one for my roommate?

Brian@ASUS
09-28-2011, 06:05 PM
why dont you get your roommate to come on here and post if he wants them

xeromist
09-28-2011, 06:09 PM
co workers are already going. dang i didnt think it would be this hard to get people to grab some free tickets lol

I suspect that if we posted this on the Geforce forum you would not have a problem. However I figured that we should let the people here have first crack. :)

I guess the locals like me already bought their tickets and a lot of our people are really far away!

Brian@ASUS
09-28-2011, 08:19 PM
nah id like to give these away here

havokshomeboy
09-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Hey Brian my roomate said to comment if I wanted to go. Do I need 10 posts?

Area 66
09-28-2011, 09:25 PM
I just finished to talk to my wife and she said that I need vacation, my passport is up todate, so I apply, why me, ? I think I will be a good representation of ROG as all my pc are ROG or Asus powered. ( aside of few server in the lab) I will have of course to rebuild one in a smaller case for the plane. Or may be it's time for a ROG notebook !!! Will be interesting to meet V2-v3 and Xero.

havokshomeboy
09-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Well I guess I should explain why I should get the ticket(s). I have been a PC gamer since I was about 13 or so and have always loved gaming in general. I have never been to a LAN other than a couple my friends have had. It would be AMAZING to go to such an event as GeForce. My father was in the navy and it would be kinda cool to sleep aboard a ship like he did. I have always liked navy stuff. I LOVE BFBC2 and would be ecstatic to play BF3 early. Especially to test my skills in tounrey setting. If you select me and Havok it will not be a waste. It will be one hell of a good time and would make my year. (I don't get out much lol)

havokshomeboy
09-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Also I do have a way to get there of course, havok would be driving lol

havokshomeboy
09-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Btw thanks to Brian for this contest and H4VOK for telling me. Here's to hoping we win.

xeromist
09-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Hey Brian my roomate said to comment if I wanted to go. Do I need 10 posts?

Yep, we just want to get to know you and have you give our little community a whirl. Try to make the most of those 10 and get an idea for what we're about. :)

havokshomeboy
09-28-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm all over it. I was thinking about an ASUS 6870 so this forum should prove some good insight on a good gpu.

H4VOK89
09-28-2011, 10:24 PM
Btw thanks to Brian for this contest and H4VOK for telling me. Here's to hoping we win.
Let's hope dude.

Area 66
09-29-2011, 12:07 AM
I will finally pass 3 to 4 weeks in California, I just finish a phone call with a friend and he ask me to install is electronic and computer on his 2,400 square feet train layout, since I' m gone build him 3 pcs , I' m gone use one for the LAN so no PC in the plane. I’m very excited because this friend is a well know rock star convert to crooner few years ago, I will not say more….lol..

H4VOK89
09-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Smart. What kind of PCs? Any ideas on hardware?

Area 66
09-29-2011, 02:08 AM
Smart. What kind of PCs? Any ideas on hardware?

hummm it's will be off topic and as you like to say :

...... stay on topic as a way to not flood this thread with a bunch of stuff that doesnt have anything really to do with the contest.

H4VOK89
09-29-2011, 04:40 AM
Good point. Private message me about it. I'm interested.

havokshomeboy
09-29-2011, 04:20 PM
lol

G4MER
09-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Hope you don't mind, but I tweeted about this, in hopes to bring more people to the forums.

H4VOK89
09-29-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm glad it will bring people to the forums but I am sad It will lower our chances.

H4VOK89
09-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Game over.

H4VOK89
09-30-2011, 08:02 PM
I can't take the suspense..

Brian@ASUS
09-30-2011, 10:33 PM
H4VOK89 and MarkedOne, you guys will be getting tickets to Geforce LAN. Havokshomeboy, if i come across another ticket, i will let you know and you can have it. thanks for the updates guys!

pcjunkie209
09-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Congrats Stuarrt

H4VOK89
09-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Thanks Brian. You can contact me and my roomate via our cell phone. Ill msg you

Area 66
10-01-2011, 01:05 AM
Thanks Brian , I will PM you my adress in California Monday for send the ticket, now I have to find a uATX case for my Gene Z .... lol

G4MER
10-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Congrats people.. please get some pictures and or video of the event, and the kick ass computers while there.

Area 66
10-01-2011, 02:10 PM
..... and the kick ass computers while there.
the kick A$$ will be mine and it will be a ROGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

pcjunkie209
10-02-2011, 05:16 PM
I'll be there Markedone. So bring your best. I'll be bringing 5 of my mods. :)

Area 66
10-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I'll be there Markedone. So bring your best. I'll be bringing 5 of my mods. :)

Nice..... keep in mind I have to bring something light in the plane and I'm sure they will not like a liquid of some kind in the plane

xeromist
10-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Congrats! I'll see you guys there. :)

Psylacus
10-17-2011, 12:31 AM
This was a blast, hopefully they will do it again next year!