PDA

View Full Version : Razer BlackWindow keyboard with mouse-click simulation

ottoyu34
08-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Razer is readying a new high-end mechanical keyboard for gaming. Named the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate, the keyboard is one of the first to feature illumination. Being a mechanical keyboard, each key has its own mechanical switch compared to conventional keyboards that have a common plastic printed circuit membrane with rubber dome switches. Mechanical keys give better tactile feedback for better control. Apart from the standard 102-key US layout, Razer added several special and macro-bound keys that can be managed from the included software. The keys as well as the company badge is illuminated blue. Razer's BlackWidow Ultimate is expected to cost $129 in the US, when it launches later this week.

Update (18/8): Razer also has a standard variant of the BlackWidow (minus the "Ultimate" marker, which lacks key illumination. This one is expected to be priced at $79.99.

http://www.techpowerup.com/img/10-08-18/102b.jpg

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/128992/Razer_Readies_BlackWidow_Ultimate_Gaming_Mechanica l_Keyboard.html

Hpnotiq
08-19-2010, 05:58 PM
!!! MECHANICAL KEYBOARD !!! I'm pre-ordering this right now! I just can't decide if I want the Ultimate or not, though the $80 variation probably wont have clear lettered keys, probably painted white/silver.

craigbru
08-19-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm typically not a Razor fan, but this has me intrigued. It looks simple and clean, although I'm not a fan of the blue illumination. If I make the purchase, some modding may be in order.

xeromist
08-19-2010, 06:29 PM
You mean you don't like blue or illumination in general? No need to mod it if you buy the cheaper one without illumination.

Victus
08-19-2010, 06:52 PM
I think it's because the blue wont match his rig. That would be my peeve. I got lucky with mine, I wanted red lighting though the LEDs on the ATCS840 are a stunning bright blue. So it matches my Saitek Eclipse keyboard and Razer Lechesis which is both blue lit. Since my case isn't windowed, I can probably get away with blue lighting inside. Then get this to replace my Eclipse since that thing has crumbs all over inside it. Not sure I want to blow 130 just yet though.

Kaboom
08-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Oh geez, better bring back the hot pink stilettos and big hair then.

Victus
08-21-2010, 01:06 AM
Matching lipstick?

Another downer I have yet to mention since I figured it may grow on me. Is the typeface on the buttons. Don't know exactly what it is, I just simply don't like it.

klsi
08-22-2010, 10:19 PM
is that good for sc2?

ottoyu34
08-23-2010, 03:10 AM
This is no doubt on the wish list. The standard one will have sliver coloured keys instead.
check out the mini-site of it.

craigbru
08-23-2010, 03:12 AM
You mean you don't like blue or illumination in general? No need to mod it if you buy the cheaper one without illumination.

I like the illumination, just not in blue. Most of my keyboards have been from Logitech, and I'm a huge fan of the v.2 G15.

I think it's because the blue wont match his rig. That would be my peeve. I got lucky with mine, I wanted red lighting though the LEDs on the ATCS840 are a stunning bright blue. So it matches my Saitek Eclipse keyboard and Razer Lechesis which is both blue lit. Since my case isn't windowed, I can probably get away with blue lighting inside. Then get this to replace my Eclipse since that thing has crumbs all over inside it. Not sure I want to blow 130 just yet though.

Exactly, the blue won't match. I'd love to have another orange backlit option, or even white LED. Sure, I know I can get white illumination in other boards, but I want something pretty high in quality and feel.

Brian@ASUS
08-23-2010, 07:58 AM
mechanical is badass!

Hpnotiq
08-23-2010, 10:47 PM
My Only Question is.. When will Razer make a ASUS ROG Themed SUPER BAD ASS Mechanical Keyboard? WITH SUPER AWESOME ROG OC FEATURES ON THE KEYBOARD!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.. got a little excited thinking about it.. but seriously, who would not love a ROG Gamer/OC keyboard?

Brian@ASUS
08-24-2010, 07:34 AM
that WOULD be cool! we did a short collaboration with razer mice and keyboards a while back. not sure why we stopped...