PDA

View Full Version : What are you playing? What do you think?

noone
02-16-2014, 05:02 AM
I like to play most of the FPS / Action / Adventure titles. I'm interested what others with G750 are playing and what you think.

Currently playing Max Payne 3, loving it.

on the JW need to drop a fair few settings but this is one of the best looking games I've played on the g750 (only had it a month) although the shadows can look a little odd in the animated (not video) cut scenes.

Have downloaded and will be playing Tomb Raider (looks good so far), Crysis 3 (mostly to push the GPU for fun), Dead Space 3.
Most of the way through COD4 which was great in the 1st 1/2, but starting to feel a little generic. Payday 2 is always fun, but does not look much better maxed out than on my old generic lappy. Started playing Deus Ex which I'd downloaded on sale over the holidays, another beautiful looking game which makes me glad I upgraded.

I'd been concerned with the CPU heat during some benchmarking but during any games I'm seeing just under 70deg for the CPU and up to 71 for the GPU (HWMonitor keeping tabs on everything for me).

So, what are you playing now and would you recommend it?

angrylemon
02-16-2014, 05:13 AM
Been playing Twilight Princess with a Skyward Sword texture pack using a Wii U controller via Dolphin. Might start playing Ocarina of Time with a Cel-Shaded pack with my N64 controller. Yes, I have adapters for both controllers :D PC game wise, I want to start playing all of Batman Arkham series as I haven't played it before.

Darnassus
02-16-2014, 05:15 AM
Been playing Twilight Princess with a Skyward Sword texture pack using a Wii U controller via Dolphin. Might start playing Ocarina of Time with a Cel-Shaded pack with my N64 controller. Yes, I have adapters for both controllers :D PC game wise, I want to start playing all of Batman Arkham series as I haven't played it before.

Wait what? You can play Wii games on your laptop, with a Wii Controller?

angrylemon
02-16-2014, 05:19 AM
Bought one of these (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MayFlash-Wireless-Controller-to-USB-PC-Turbo-Auto-Fire-Adapter-for-Wii-U-Pro-/281137029838?pt=AU_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item417512a2ce). Dolphin (http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/), the emulator, can play either Gamecube or Wii games.

Darnassus
02-16-2014, 05:35 AM
Unreal Tournament 3 full graph

WoW on full graph

Crysis 1 (finally get to start the story) oh and full graph

Warcraft 3 (olololol for the win. Some custom maps pounded the CPU) full graph? ':f

A few.. special games that were messy on the Unreal Engine.

And still experiencing more!

OH and World of Tanks FULL GRAPHICS!!

Darnassus
02-16-2014, 05:37 AM
Bought one of these (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MayFlash-Wireless-Controller-to-USB-PC-Turbo-Auto-Fire-Adapter-for-Wii-U-Pro-/281137029838?pt=AU_Video_Game_Accessories&hash=item417512a2ce). Dolphin (http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/), the emulator, can play either Gamecube or Wii games.

Holy Hellfire. Do you need to buy anything? Or can I just use the Bluetooth module in my laptop unit to work with the remote?

Also the sensor, it's just a USB in the back of the Wii isn't it?

Twilight Princess. D; <3

angrylemon
02-16-2014, 05:56 AM
Holy Hellfire. Do you need to buy anything? Or can I just use the Bluetooth module in my laptop unit to work with the remote?

Also the sensor, it's just a USB in the back of the Wii isn't it?

Twilight Princess. D; <3

Looks like just bluetooth for the Wii remote, the sensor (not USB connected) just identifies it on the screen, so I assume the Wii will have to be on to power the sensor.

Edit: Just tested the Wii remote and it comes up on the bluetooth list. Ok, got it working you don't need to follow the instructions, Just press the Sync button, then press next and it should pair with the laptop :D

brkkab123
02-16-2014, 09:32 AM
DiRT 3, DiRT Showdown, Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Batman: Arkham City GOTY, Batman: Arkham Origins, Tomb Raider. Can't really play games as long as I used too, though. Not sure if it's age or health related. I just gut bored fast over the last year. Had to give Crysis away, as it won't run in Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I have about 11 more Steam games through Humble Bundle, I have to install once I get around to re-p;ugging my OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPs 120 gb. back in. My Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb. filled up a little quicker than planned. It still has 50 GBs. left, but I'm trying to leave that alone for now. I'm either gonna put the Vertex 3 back in or get a 2nd Samsung in a few month's. Next month's my 2nd GeForce 760 for sli.

Destructis
02-16-2014, 10:58 AM
I just started playing BF 4 and I am loving it. I can run it on Ultra at about 35 FPS, but I prefer running it in high which gives me a little over 60 FPS. I die a lot. I have had one disconnect so far in two days. I can live with that. I am still having fun. I wouldn't be able to play it around any kids because I call people who kill me, really bad words.

I also play Guild Wars 2 and DayZ on Ultra. I have the JX DB-71. I have had it about 3 weeks and don't regret the investment at all.

gazzacbr
02-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Far Cry 3 and Battlefield 4 both running high have great graphics (both single player, half done right now)

Metro:Last Light was good fun and a bit different. 3D works great but
a) it makes my head spin after about 30-40mins
b) my wife continuously laughing at me wearing the 3D nerd glasses was cramping my style :cool: (not)

p.s. what was the cure for gaming on battery to avoid slowdown? i saw something here before but cant find it now, windows high performance didnt make any difference.

sevymar
02-17-2014, 03:30 PM
Neverwinter Online.
Awesome MMORPG :)

Dr. Zchivago
02-17-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm currently taking part in the beta for Elder Scrolls Online.

While I can't really say much about the game itself because of the beta-tester confidentiality agreement, I will say that I am not overly impressed (as yet) with the structure of the game overall.

The graphics are PHENOMENAL!! The world looks absolutely beautiful, and the skins are clean and detailed at the highest graphics settings. The game's only graphics related sin is that the terrain has a sort of Everquest feel with considerably less ground clutter than Skyrim - even on the highest settings - and faster detail fading.

I also like the combat system - it's simple enough that it can be learned very quickly (mostly because it's very similar to Skyrim), and it's innovative enough that it doesn't get boring too quickly.

Character building is great too; it's very Ultima Online-esque, where the abilities are very generalized and a play can essentially become skilled in any attributes he/she wants.

Unfortunately, the quest-focused advancement is too linear for my tastes; and although the player can spend hours exploring the world and discovering areas, game-play feels very "rail-roaded." I haven't made it into end-game content yet, so I can't provide a synopsis of that material yet.

All-in-all, I have to say that I am not going to shell out $60 for the core game - or the $90 for the Legendary edition - nor am I willing to pay the $15 per month subscription fee.

Z

Tom Windschitl
02-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Unreal Tournament 3 full graph

WoW on full graph

Crysis 1 (finally get to start the story) oh and full graph

Warcraft 3 (olololol for the win. Some custom maps pounded the CPU) full graph? ':f

A few.. special games that were messy on the Unreal Engine.

And still experiencing more!

OH and World of Tanks FULL GRAPHICS!!
Which G750 do you have? Because on my Jw i can only play WoT on med-high graphics...

polbit
02-18-2014, 04:48 AM
XCOM: Enemy Within maxed, Star Craft II maxed, Civ 5 maxed, Minecraft (still too slow sometimes), and...... Baldur's Gate II. Love this laptop!

I've also tried SWOR and Skyrim. Both worked great, just don't have the time to get into playing them...

I have the G750JX btw.

Norup58
02-18-2014, 07:10 AM
I'm currently taking part in the beta for Elder Scrolls Online.

All-in-all, I have to say that I am not going to shell out $60 for the core game - or the $90 for the Legendary edition - nor am I willing to pay the $15 per month subscription fee.

Z

I couldnt agree more with you. Love the Skyrim series but it pis... me off the new Skyrim is going online only. What makes the earlier Skyrim games great is the possibility of modding - doing all the things the developers left out and improving/ correcting other things in the game. How in the world are we supposed to mod an online game?

Also the trend that all games are going online is a no-no. Why should we pay over and over again for the right to play a game we have already purchased? Not to mention, forcing everyone to be 'social' as you can only play these games in multiplayer sessions not as single players. If I want a 'follower' I'll make the decision not the developer.
Like to play Diablo but not the new online version for above reasons.

Sorry if this was somewhat off topic.
Cheers

nazgullz
02-18-2014, 07:23 AM
cod:ghost very high-ultra, bf4-maxed out, league of legends-maxed

Darnassus
02-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Which G750 do you have? Because on my Jw i can only play WoT on med-high graphics...

Oh oops lol, the G750JX. 770m full graphic at 60 fps

Darnassus
02-18-2014, 10:03 AM
I couldnt agree more with you. Love the Skyrim series but it pis... me off the new Skyrim is going online only. What makes the earlier Skyrim games great is the possibility of modding - doing all the things the developers left out and improving/ correcting other things in the game. How in the world are we supposed to mod an online game?

Also the trend that all games are going online is a no-no. Why should we pay over and over again for the right to play a game we have already purchased? Not to mention, forcing everyone to be 'social' as you can only play these games in multiplayer sessions not as single players. If I want a 'follower' I'll make the decision not the developer.
Like to play Diablo but not the new online version for above reasons.

Sorry if this was somewhat off topic.
Cheers

First it's their game..

Second, people pay for it..

Third..... be like me and wait for a private server ;d Or how most MMO's end up like Aion and so on.. Free to Play. I have a good feeling after the hype is down in the first few months it'll become cheaper, then eventually free.

They need to make money for putting this thing in the making, and the best way to make that money is monthly subscriptions. ;x

Norup58
02-18-2014, 12:00 PM
First it's their game..

Second, people pay for it..

Third..... be like me and wait for a private server ;d Or how most MMO's end up like Aion and so on.. Free to Play. I have a good feeling after the hype is down in the first few months it'll become cheaper, then eventually free.

They need to make money for putting this thing in the making, and the best way to make that money is monthly subscriptions. ;x

First...Agree but then dont expect me as customer.
Second...Which is what I dont get. Why pay over and over something you already bought.
Third...You still need to be online and it doesnt solve the single player issue.
Fourth...]Agree but then they should give you the damn game for free as you have to pay for playing online.
Fifth... If the programming of Bethesda's earlier Skyrim games is the standard then this game wont last long without the modding community to fix all the bugs.

Shawnnepc
02-18-2014, 03:46 PM
First...Agree but then dont expect me as customer.
Second...Which is what I dont get. Why pay over and over something you already bought.
Third...You still need to be online and it doesnt solve the single player issue.
Fourth...]Agree but then they should give you the damn game for free as you have to pay for playing online.
Fifth... If the programming of Bethesda's earlier Skyrim games is the standard then this game wont last long without the modding community to fix all the bugs.

MMO monthly subs are supposed to go to support development of new content. (Which happens pretty often with healthy games!)

ESO is likely this is being developed by a separate team and hopefully won't delay the single player sequel. (Not a big fan of ESO)

MMO launch costs are usually offset with the purchase of the game.

I'm a big MMO lover, i've been playing MMO's since 2001. I started with Dark Age of Camelot (and am still subbed, ~13yrs later!) later went to Ultima Online and now I'm pretty into FInal Fantasy XI. I've played every US launched MMO on the market so far.

I've gotten far more replay value out of MMOs compared to any single player game. I guess it really depends on what you find fun!

My current now playing list: FFXI, DAoC, Fable Anniversary(boo xbox 360), Rome Total War II (wewt celts) and a few BETA that i'm not allowed to disclose :P