PDA

View Full Version : Installed OS on RAIDr as Legacy Boot, my problems have only just begun!!!

Swampdonkey
02-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Hi

I've built 3 computers before and recently took the plung to upgrade my P8P67 with a Rampage IV Black Edition, new Samsung EVO SSD and the RAIDR to run my OS. I must point out that I have only dabbled in the OC world and bought the kit to bring my knowledge on.

I read all the instructions (so I thought) and installed the OS (Win7 Pro) on the RAIDR, however, neglected to follow the instruiction to enable UEFI booting. I now have a slow booting computer. So I installed the OS in UEFI onto my old Vertex 4 SSD in an attempt to run the Secure Erase on the RAIDr. I must have screwed up the Boot settings somewhat as I cannot access the Marvell Utility (Ctr-M at POST). Somome mentioned you can do this through Windows, but didn't ellaborate on how.

I am full of respect for you guy's who find such things trivial, and just maybe I'll get there some day, but at the moment would appreciate any help you can offer.

Cheers