PDA

View Full Version : Care and Feeding of G750

Destructis
02-20-2014, 12:16 AM
I have had it a little while now. It's getting finger prints on the exterior and can stand a slight cleaning. Has anyone found something appropriate to clean the exterior? I want to be careful so I don't use the wrong thing and ruin the exterior. While I am at it, what other items are good for cleaning other parts, IE keyboard etc.

cronik916
02-20-2014, 05:43 AM
hey man hope u get to read this if im not to late in replying but when i bought my jw at best buy the guy was shooting the **** with me while we waited for something in the store and i asked him about upkeeep and what kinda products they sold that were electronic friendly and he immediately went to this bottle of like super inert cleaning solution that came with a fibercloth in the top and proceded to demonstrate while they floor computer was running spraying the **** out of it and wiping it down. it apparently is some kind of alcohol solution that wont carry any kind of charge cuz can jst spray it directly on a live mother board and it doesnt even phase it and evaporates very very fast. i usually dont do cleaning gimick **** but i was actually impressed maybe more for the fact he didnt even hesitate to spray all kinds of electronic things around us while we waited, im way to anal about my electronics for that i dont even allow cups of any drink near my computers lol for fear of the worst case. anyway sorry for the wall of txt, misspelling, and horrid grammer lol but try the best buy electric cleaning solution. its what i use for all my electronics now. hope that helps man cheers. atleast check it out it really does work.

P.S. do not attempt to make your own concoction the stuff is like 3 bucks and i garuntee it works, ui use it myself. cheers

noone
02-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Isopropyl alcohol for screen and open surfaces. Very likely what Cronik was talking about.

Not sure about the matte lid, might be fine but you'd want to stay away from paper towels that might leave fibres everywhere.

Destructis
02-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the info on the Best Buy cleaner, I will pick some up and give it a shot. I am surprised no one has given a suggestion on the "case" lid. It has that "stealth fighter" texture and I don't want to mess that up. I was thinking of using a damp cloth, but can't figure out what cleaner I should use.

Thestroj
02-20-2014, 06:51 PM
this may sound funny, but i clean my g750 with an damp towell.

I make the towell complety wet and then put all watter out of it, and then genty clean the latop.
Be sure not to use too damp towell, and unplug the battery and power cord.

I dont trust any sort of cleaning solution, watter does it for me.

Prostar Computer
02-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Damp cloth/towel is fine, just avoid using tap water if the water in your area is poor. In some areas where there are high levels of minerals and deposits, repeated cleaning with using your water may actually damage the screen (unlikely but there's a small possibility). You can use Windex on a microfiber cloth (damp, not drenched!) for both the case and the screen; that takes most smudges off and is streak free. :)