PDA

View Full Version : G750JW XTU not starting/working

Lil Godwin
02-20-2014, 02:33 AM
To put it simply, I cannot get this thing to work. Last month, I was able to physically get it to start, but the UI was pretty much blank with no tuning options. Just the menu on the left. How? I've no idea. After trying for awhile, I gave up. Recently I opted to try again, and I'm still not having success, but now I can't even get THAT far. I believe I've downloaded the right version, seems pretty straight forward (windows 7 64 bit), but the program will not start. Only the black window with "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility" comes up and it will sit there for a few minutes before an error box comes up stating that PerfTune has stopped working (or something like that).

Has this problem happened to anyone else???

hmscott
02-21-2014, 03:00 PM
To put it simply, I cannot get this thing to work. Last month, I was able to physically get it to start, but the UI was pretty much blank with no tuning options. Just the menu on the left. How? I've no idea. After trying for awhile, I gave up. Recently I opted to try again, and I'm still not having success, but now I can't even get THAT far. I believe I've downloaded the right version, seems pretty straight forward (windows 7 64 bit), but the program will not start. Only the black window with "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility" comes up and it will sit there for a few minutes before an error box comes up stating that PerfTune has stopped working (or something like that).

Has this problem happened to anyone else???

You might have installed an old version first, and if you didn't do an uninstall before installing the correct newest version there might be old stuff hanging around.

Try uninstalling from the uninstall control panel, reboot, and then install the latest version 4.3.0.11:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?keyword=%22%22extreme+tuning+uti lity%22%22

You are running a non-standard version of Windows on the G750, there is no Windows 7 support, so you might be missing software that supports the Intel XTU - you could try downloading all the Windows 7 related drivers from Intel and see if that helps too. I haven't looked but the XTU home page / help pages might have a list of prerequisite software that needs to be there to run XTU on Windows 7:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/motherboards/desktop-motherboards/desktop-boards-software-extreme-tuning-utility.html

There is also an email XTU Intel technical support link on the top XTU page...

Lil Godwin
02-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the reply hmscott. I've done so (they don't do tech support for XTU oddly enough), uninstall and reinstall the newest version. It doesn't just sit there now, but comes up with black window stating that XTU is unable to start. "If there is another performance tuning application running, you must close it before trying to start this application." I just restarted the computer after install, and don't have much else running from startup.

hmscott
02-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the reply hmscott. I've done so (they don't do tech support for XTU oddly enough), uninstall and reinstall the newest version. It doesn't just sit there now, but comes up with black window stating that XTU is unable to start. "If there is another performance tuning application running, you must close it before trying to start this application." I just restarted the computer after install, and don't have much else running from startup.

Hmmm, there was a conflict as I recall with having AIDA64 installed at the same time, do you have other sensor monitoring software loaded? You might try uninstalling that and reinstalling XTU and see if that gets it working.

Something is conflicting with XTU...

Lil Godwin
02-24-2014, 03:04 PM
I have no idea what AIDA64 is, but I searched the computer for it, even browsed the add/remove programs and nothing of the sort was to be found. I haven't downloaded any other CPU altering program that I recall, and wouldn't expect one to come stock on the computer.

Lil Godwin
02-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Dumb question, kinda, but given that I'm using an SSD and a HDD, does it matter which one the program is installed on? OS drive or not?