PDA

View Full Version : ~% Performance boost by replacing an HDD with a SSD?

Likoren
02-22-2014, 07:29 PM
I've been thinking about replacing the HDD drives that came with my G75VW with SSD's. However, while I know in general SSD's are superior I am not sure if there would be a significant enough performance boost (either in my day-to-day web browsing or my online gaming) to warrant the cost of good quality, decent sized drives.

The main reason I'm even considering this is the score windows gave my hard drive (a 5.9) versus the rest of the computer (upper 7's). Is this score worth anything? I'm assuming the slow read/write speed I currently have is bringing down everything else. Is that a correct assumption?

I'd say I know more than the average consumer and I do have some idea of the answer I'll probably get but I thought fellow owner's of the G75 and those with more knowledge in this area than I could provide a clearer answer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated and sorry if what I wrote seems a bit...jumbled. Feeling off today.

Thanks.

My specs (in case it's important):
G75VW
Windows 7-64 bit
Intel i7-3610QM 2.3Ghz
12GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 670m
750GB of Hard Drive space (split between 2 drives)

Clintlgm
02-22-2014, 11:12 PM
SSD are Amazing the most significant upgrade in years. An SSD it the one Upgrade you can do, that you will actually see and feel a difference.