PDA

View Full Version : BD-Rs burnt with external drive are not showing at all on internal drive? [solved]

dogfart
02-23-2014, 12:21 AM
Hello, I have the G75VW with a BDRom drive. I purchased this external BD drive so I could burn BDs: http://www.lg.com/us/data-storage/lg-BE14NU40
The discs I burnt dont show up at all on the internal drive. I get nothing....no errors or warnings. When I click on the drive via explorer it asks me to insert a disc. The discs work fine in the external drive tho and it is much faster and much more quit. The discs I burnt were not video but rather data discs, just random files that I needed to clean off my HDD but wanted to keep for later. Any thoughts on this? Thanx.

EDIT: I have Win 7 x64, the media used was Verbatim BD-R 25gb 6X, Program used to burn was Imgburn with verification check when done. http://www.imgburn.com/

SHADO
02-23-2014, 10:40 PM
This may be a silly question, but do all blu-ray readers read burned discs? Just thinking back to the old days when many CD drives weren't capable of reading burned discs.

Does the internal Blu-ray drive read regular non-burned BD okay?

dogfart
02-27-2014, 05:42 PM
This may be a silly question, but do all blu-ray readers read burned discs? Just thinking back to the old days when many CD drives weren't capable of reading burned discs.

Does the internal Blu-ray drive read regular non-burned BD okay?

Hi Sorry to be so long getting back here.
1) I think by now (20-teens) that it doesnt matter if the disc was "home burned". Any good drive noadays should be able to read one.
2) I do NOT know if the internal Blu-ray drive reads "non-burned BD" OK. I never tried it with a Blu-ray Disc but it did have problems with a few DVDs in the past.
3) It doesnt matter to me any longer as I have disabled the internal Blu-ray drive within my bios setup. I am using my new external drive only. It is so much faster while being so much more quiet you would have to be a fool not to want to use it. I could do a "disc to ISO(on HDD) back to disc" faster with new external drive alone than I could do a "disc to disc" with both Blu-ray drives enabled since the internal drive is so inferior.

SHADO
02-28-2014, 01:02 AM
Hi Sorry to be so long getting back here.
1) I think by now (20-teens) that it doesnt matter if the disc was "home burned". Any good drive noadays should be able to read one.
2) I do NOT know if the internal Blu-ray drive reads "non-burned BD" OK. I never tried it with a Blu-ray Disc but it did have problems with a few DVDs in the past.
3) It doesnt matter to me any longer as I have disabled the internal Blu-ray drive within my bios setup. I am using my new external drive only. It is so much faster while being so much more quiet you would have to be a fool not to want to use it. I could do a "disc to ISO(on HDD) back to disc" faster with new external drive alone than I could do a "disc to disc" with both Blu-ray drives enabled since the internal drive is so inferior.

Fair enough. :)

dogfart
10-30-2014, 09:59 PM
Resolved: I decided to re-enable my internal BD drive....long story. Anyways the problem still persisted. I did some reading here and tried this, and that....yada yada yada...nothing works....high low filters...meh..lmao! I got pissed and grabed the windex and an old rag. Spayed the **** on the drive and scrubed the heads...non to gentle I might add. Put in a disc and it read it! Put in a BD burnt with my external drive...it read it! Put in a blank DVD and burnt a movie...worked great. Sometimes it just dont pay to be gentle. I was determined to fix it or break it....looks like I got lucky!