PDA

View Full Version : G75VW shut down and restart

salvatorev89
02-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Hi guys,

Just like many others, i have some problems with my unit. Initially, i thought that mine was a dust problem, then i found this forum and i saw that many others have my problem, or some like that.
Substantially, randomly my pc shut down and restart by itself. It ALWAYS happens when i stress my graphic card with games (particularly with high specifics games). But it can happens when i browsing on the web or when i'm watching some video. I read about kernel power critical error 61 and my visual errors is full of this ****ty errors. At least 95 critical errors. I'm using win 8 and my BIOS is update at last version (233).This is the error:

Nome registro: System
Origine: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Data: 25/02/2014 16.25.08
ID evento: 41
Categoria attivitÓ:(63)
Livello: Critico
Parole chiave: (2)
Utente: SYSTEM
Computer: SasÓ
Descrizione:
Riavvio del sistema senza un regolare arresto. Questo errore pu˛ essere causato da un'interruzione, un arresto anomalo o un'interruzione dell'alimentazione imprevista del sistema.
XML evento:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>3</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-02-25T15:25:08.776737600Z" />
<EventRecordID>9478</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>SasÓ</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

It is in italian, sorry for that and for my bad eng :) Do u have any clue? Anything i can do to fix it?

bioangel
02-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Having a similar issue on a win 7.

Please let me know if you figure out the cause

Clintlgm
02-28-2014, 09:18 PM
What are your CPU and GPU temps doing? you can use Hwinfo64 (http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php) Run Sensors only to see what your CPU and GPU usages and temps and fan speeds.

salvatorev89
03-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Everything seems to be normal. Look.

If it is not a temp issue, can it still be a dust problem?

Clintlgm
03-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Well a dust issue would most likely cause a temp issue. a temp issue you could do something about. If you will bring up hwinfo64 sensors only you will be able to see your CPU GPU Temps and Fan speeds. Then if temp is not a problems you may have to restore to factory condition using your Backtracker created restore media win 8 or your recovery disk win 7. With a factory reset Notebook if you continue having the same issue it most likely is a hardware issue needing a RMA to Repair Center to solve.

I see you are using MSI afterburner if you have overclocked remove the OC return your setting to as shipped condition and hope you hadn't damaged something!

salvatorev89
03-01-2014, 05:52 PM
yeah, i used MSI to lower my core clock and i noticed that the problem seems to occur less. I read about this solution in another post. I played to diablo 3 for 3 hours before shutdown, if i raise the core clock, the problem occurs more often (max 5 minuts of gaming). This is my hwinfo64 only sensors screen:

RedDog
03-02-2014, 12:38 AM
I have the same exact issues since mid November-December but I did not do anything with MSI. I have sent mine in for 2 warranty repairs the past 2 months.
They have just sent it back and the past two days of usage it starts doing it again.
I just filed a complaint and a 3rd RMA for Tier 2 repair. This is a major issue with a lot of people the past year.
Great laptop....really hope I get a resolution here or a trade in of equal value.

bioangel
03-04-2014, 01:42 AM
I am having the same issue. Let me know what they do to fix yours .

Biohazard0604
03-04-2014, 11:25 PM
I notice high temperatures on my gpu card... 83 degrees Celsius when playing battlefield 4. ASUS support is not as good as I had hoped. They do not answer the phone and their online chat malfunctions all the time.

salvatorev89
03-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Nothing. Shutdowns are totally random. Some days i can play how much i want, other days i can't play even 5 minuts. I really don't know what i can do to fix it.

bainin
03-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Does your GPU Temp follow the Room Temp?
Do you have more shutdowns when room is hot versus cool?

I posted a solution for my G75V shutdown problems in the forum..tried many things.

Get GPUZ-have it add your GPU temp to task bar. Play your games in Windowed mode. I have had no shutdowns since I switched to windowed mode play and my GPU temp never rises above 80C.

Its not an ideal solution, but better than nothing.

salvatorev89
03-09-2014, 10:43 PM
According to GPU-Z, my GPU temp is fine. In windowed mode shutdowns still occur, at least with Diablo 3. I tried other games too. I was able to play to Crysis 2 and League of Legend without crashes, but if i try to play to Diablo 3 or Tera i can't play even for 5 minuts. How i can explain it?

Warpig46107
03-12-2014, 03:18 AM
This is a On Going Problem with this Product. G75Vw. I have had mine less then a year. Its suppose to be a gaming laptop. I have had days where this pile of Junk shuts down 10 or more times. I bought mine new at frys Electronics, In Indianapolis IN. No I have never sent it back.I think Asus needs to stick with Motherboards.And stop selling us crap in a box. Yes, I hate my laptop, Cause it doesn't do what it was suppose to be used for. Gaming. I think all who have had this issue get a full refund. The reason why I have never sent this pile of crap in, Is Cause I have seen others who have. And Nothng was repaird. So don't waste your time sending it back. Asus wont fix it, And you will be out the Shipping fee. Yes im mad and pissed off about it. A Good Gaming laptop should last 3 or more yrs.And The Company who builds it should stand behind it. Not cower and screw the customer.