PDA

View Full Version : G750JW Illuminated Keyboard not working

mars803
02-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Hello,

Just bought a few days ago this notebook, installed all the drivers and waited for it to be fully functional but found a pretty big problem with it:

The illuminated keyboard doesn't work.
Tried with FN + F3/F4
Tried uninstall with restart ATK Drivers then install new ones with restart.
Flashed my Bios to the latest version, still nothing..
Then i started searching the web and found this guy with a similar problem that found a fix but for a G74SX model :
http://leespottiswood.co.uk/blog/2013/07/04/asus-g74sx-no-backlit-keyboard/
I think that it might work if I apply the same tehnique on the G750JW
I am asking you for a "save" Bios file from a working "illuminated keyboard model" G750JW..pretty please :p
Btw, the Caps Lock light works just fine.
The keyboard doesn't illuminate at start-up, i know that this is an important info also..
If you have other solutions, please let me know.. :)

Have a good day !

xeromist
02-25-2014, 06:13 PM
Personally I would exchange it with the retailer. If you do have one with a disconnected cable then no amount of BIOS tweaking will fix it. I wouldn't want to disassemble a brand new machine still within retail return windows if I did not have to.

mars803
02-25-2014, 07:39 PM
Don't really think that the problem is a hardware one.. the caps lock works..read about it somewhere that some BIOS parameters are wrong ..

mars803
02-25-2014, 08:51 PM
thanks a lot froggy :o , could you please upload the link for Keyboard Device Filter v1.0.5 for Windows 8.1 ? that one is for atk package when enter it.

Prostar Computer
02-25-2014, 11:22 PM
Don't really think that the problem is a hardware one.. the caps lock works..read about it somewhere that some BIOS parameters are wrong ..

The caps lock and other lock indicator keys don't utilize the same cable as the other LEDs, so I'm inclined to agree with xeromist. Those indicator lights draw from the data cable instead of the LED power cable.

mars803
02-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Currently i am chatting with the ASUS Helpdesk to see if we can solve this issue.
Just passed the phase where i was asked to uninstall and reinstall the drivers ( didn't work ^_^ )

I think i will RMS it.. :)

Prostar Computer
02-27-2014, 11:46 PM
I hope they take good care of you, mars! Follow up with us to let us know what the problem is once they've fixed it.

MariusVE
04-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Hey Mars,

I know this is kind of a late reply to this topic.. but did you ever get your keyboard fixed? I am curious as I have the same problem and I too am looking for a "good" BIOS image from someone who has their lights working correctly for a G750JW laptop.

Thanks!

mars803
04-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Hy,
From your name i can see that you are from Romania.
Romanian too :) but i'll keep it in english for the other users.
Tried for about 2-3 weeks to find a working Bios with no luck in this matter.
Eventualy i talked with the person that i bought the laptop from and changed it with an working one..
The most simple way to do it .. so it seems.. :)

MariusVE
04-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Mars,

Yup; I'm from Romania as well. :) Thanks for your reply... I did manage to find a store near me [FLANCO :) ] that has a G750 laptop on display... if I could only somehow save a BIOS image from it and try it on mine... hmm.. wonder if there's an option in the BIOS itself to save the entire image on a stick or something like that...

I'll check it out.. guess it's the only thing left to do short of returning and/or exchanging the laptop... :)

mars803
04-17-2014, 06:18 AM
if it is the same model : G750JW - search for a way to save the BIOS and I will do a copy for you