PDA

View Full Version : (Problems with "LAG) Need help on what to add to my Asus Rog G750J.

Zachary Voltz
02-26-2014, 05:42 AM
first of all my specs:

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-4700HG CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), 2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Graphics: GeForce GTX 770m (3g card)
D: 500GB SATA

Ok so here is my problem must games run nice, but when i try to play online games like league of legends or Tera Rising. i have some issues FPS drops mainly, i end up playing at 10 FPS wich is not good at all.
Not so much for league but more for TERA. a friend of mine told me i could fix this if i get some new stuff for my LAPTOP. i just need to know what to get. Help me? ty

UltimateKyo
02-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Hi Zachary Voltz, My suggestion would be adding in SSD and 8GB 1.35v RAM. I'm not sure if TERA require a lot of IO from the hard disc but if it does, changing to SSD might solve your problem. Furthermore, your ram is just 8GB which is the min requirement for Tera, perhaps you should really consider upgrading the RAM to 16GB.

I'm still new here, so these are just my suggestion, hope it help you!

Darnassus
03-01-2014, 07:09 AM
Are you sure your FPS is low? Or your internet connection isn't up to par? Some games that're online will pause your screen every 1-2 seconds slightly to 'catch up' to the server. If your lag is high, I suspect this is mainly the reason.

hmscott
03-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Are you sure your FPS is low? Or your internet connection isn't up to par? Some games that're online will pause your screen every 1-2 seconds slightly to 'catch up' to the server. If your lag is high, I suspect this is mainly the reason.

Good point, I usually switch to Ethernet wired connection just to rule out wireless interference / lag. And if the router is new, I connect via ethernet directly to the cable modem to see if lag goes away.

I had to update my Asus RT-AC68U to the latest firmware when it was new out of the box, to get the best throughput.

Cool, I used the router firmware check and it says there is a newer version available - in case I disappear it was this firmware update that did it ;)

Looks like it has been out for a week:
http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC68U/#support

Good thing I noticed this, check out the details for the security fixes on both the recent patches. I already had the media share tabs disabled - don't need to share a disk off the router - but if you are these are good updates to get.

Sorry to drift a bit off the lag subject, but firmware updates do play a role in lag.

The key to solving lag is to think clearly about the path between you and the server, and one at a time remove the potential lag inducers.

Disk => SSD, increase memory, OS optimization / turn off pagefile / hibernation / indexing / torrents / background downloads / auto updates / quietHDD:

https://sites.google.com/site/quiethdd/

fazeel
04-24-2014, 05:00 PM
I know how annoying internet connection issues can be, so before anything else you should check you network connectivity first, just to avoid wasint time if the problem can be found from the test. To run the test go to www.netscan.co and click the big green button. When the scan is finished you will recieve a unique url, share it with us to help you