PDA

View Full Version : how many of you got rid of splendid? colors seem off on my stock g750

nagooro
02-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Since buying the g750 the colors dont seem as good as my previous laptops. Does removing splendid fix this? How many of you have removed it? Any other tips?

Thanks

kidfromhell
02-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Get rid of Splendid asap! That's not gonna help you in any way other than irritating you!!

Crmn1625
02-26-2014, 09:17 PM
I got rid of splendid after about month and like the colours better without it.

Nillaz
02-27-2014, 02:56 AM
Splendid on the G750 is atrocious. Getting rid of it was easily the single best non-hardware change I have made to my machine. I still cannot achieve a perfect white balance on this machine (this wasn't unexpected on a gaming oriented laptop) but at least now I no longer feel like it would be beneficial if I gouged my eyes out with an ice pick. ;)

Seriously, get rid of Splendid. The difference is night and day.

Darnassus
02-27-2014, 05:21 AM
I kept Splendid, it makes my screen look heaps better for me. But I use a specific setting on it.

For me it makes color look much richer.

UltimateKyo
02-27-2014, 05:23 AM
I suppose using nvidia control panel can help to make the screen color better than Splendid does. I use them in my case than Splendid

hmscott
02-27-2014, 06:48 AM
Splendid over corrects, if you live under it's spell for a while, it takes a while to wean yourself off of it :)

I uninstall it right away, first thing, right after Power4Gear, and don't miss either one of them.

There are icc profiles done for the correction of color for the Chimei screen, but I haven't used it for a while - it was posted on this board months ago.

You could build your own ICC profile. Believe it or not, many libraries check out color correction hardware - call your local branch to find out which one has one for loan. They are also loaning power monitoring devices too - along with books, dvd's and blu-rays.

The AUO screen on the JH is great without any correction.

Nillaz
02-27-2014, 06:58 AM
Huh I never thought to check if the local library has a colorimeter available for lending. I may have to look into that as my sensor is no longer up to snuff.

Thanks for the info!

tugrul
02-27-2014, 08:31 AM
delete it asap! or power4 gear too. i donno why asus used to TN panel instead of ips. İ still cant calibrate my screen according to my benq external monitor for the deep white and deep black. it seeems like a bit yellowish to me. but trying to used to it cuz i gave up the calibration. Nonetheless its a good machine.(cant talk much cuz this is my first notebook)

UltimateKyo
02-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Actually I know Splendid is useless but is power4gear unless as well? I thought it is still of some purpose therefore I left it there

hmscott
02-27-2014, 10:15 AM
Actually I know Splendid is useless but is power4gear unless as well? I thought it is still of some purpose therefore I left it there

Power4gears' main purpose is to jump in and set itself as the power plan, even after you manually set it to another Power Plan.

Most annoyingly Power4Gear does this when you are trying to get some performance under battery mode - setting to Balanced or Performance and Power4Gear jumps in and sets itself to Power4Gear battery mode as the power plan - locking the CPU to 700mhz... begone Power4Gear! :)

UltimateKyo
02-28-2014, 06:24 AM
LOL! Understood hmscott, seems like time to uninstall Power4Gear now! Haha! Cheers~!:cool: