PDA

View Full Version : G53sx Clean Windows Install Questions

dave.rods
02-28-2014, 12:39 AM
Hey,

I am new to the ROG forums and have been doing some skimming for information on what is required for a clean install of Windows 7 on my G53sx Notebook. I am sure that somewhere among the mountains of information on these forums my answer lies but it is all a bit much to sift through.

As I am new to things related to operating system changes and drivers. I am a unsure of what course of action I should be taking in order to make sure I have all the necessary drivers and that they are the most recent (considering I purchased the notebook at least 2 years ago).

I'm hoping to exploit everything I can in order to get the most (speed, stability, ease of use) of my notebook. Eventually I would like to invest in a solid state drive and have Windows run off that and use my existing HDD for data storage.

Any shoves in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.:D

Thanks!

David

cl-Albert
03-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the forums!

You may want to get more opinions since I work for ASUS and don't deal with clean installs much, but if you haven't seen it, thought you might want to check this thread for the G55/G75 models that still has some information you still might find useful?
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?28758-GUIDE-G55-G75-Upgrade-Notes
You probably know you can search for more threads about this too on the forums if necessary.

As far as drivers go, it's probably a good idea to start with or get most of the ASUS approved drivers for the G53Sx and get drivers from other sources only when it's necessary (like nVidia?) in case they cause any problems with your notebook.
Search for your G53Sx model at the ASUS download site http://www.service.asus.com/#!downloads/c1wax
You can skip many of the 'utilities' if you aren't interested in them, but don't forget to install the ATKACPI driver which is under the utilities section for some reason.

Don't forget to back up your original ASUS Win7 factory image first though just in case you want it later since there isn't an easy way to get it back once you've erased it.

Good luck!