PDA

View Full Version : BSOD ! Kmode Exception Unhandled.. Monitor Driver?

PhoenicianX
02-28-2014, 10:40 AM
Hey Guys,

I bought the G750JH 2 weeks ago and I've been extremely happy with the performance...
But then I began to experience a BSOD "Kmode exception not handled" a few days after my purchase. It happens randomly and every situation is unique. It crashed to a BSOD when I was watching a video and even when I was copying files. I tried to replicate the problem to see if it was the issue but happens randomly. It began to really slow down my computer and my cpu would shoot up to 70-90%...I booted up safe mode and there was an issue with the Generic Non-PNP Monitor since a yellow exclamation mark appeared next to it..

thats when I had to format the laptop and start windows all over again..

Now it's happening again and its slowing down my computer.
I booted in safe mode to see if there was the drivers again and I still see the same yellow exclamation mark that appeared next to one of the drivers at the device manager which was the Generic Non-PNP monitor.

Is that the cause for the BSOD that occurs randomly? Is this why my CPU shoots up?
How do I fix this issue?

Note: Im using Window 8..did not update it to 8.1

cl-Albert
02-28-2014, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, not sure what the problem is exactly and if these threads can help, but you may want to take a look at a couple below.
If you have a ROG gaming mouse, try updating the driver, but even if you don't, the software is probably preinstalled, so check under Windows Programs and Features for the ASUS ROG Gaming Mouse software to uninstall it (if it helps, wondering if you are using a different external mouse and which one).

1. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?39211-G750JX-BSOD-problem.-HELP!-KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.-solved&country=&status=

2. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?43746-Asus-G750JH-3D-120Hz-kmode-exception-not-handled

Hope this helps, but feel free to let us know how it goes and request more suggestions (from others since I may be out of ideas?).

PhoenicianX
03-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately, not sure what the problem is exactly and if these threads can help, but you may want to take a look at a couple below.
If you have a ROG gaming mouse, try updating the driver, but even if you don't, the software is probably preinstalled, so check under Windows Programs and Features for the ASUS ROG Gaming Mouse software to uninstall it (if it helps, wondering if you are using a different external mouse and which one).

1. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?39211-G750JX-BSOD-problem.-HELP!-KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.-solved&country=&status=

2. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?43746-Asus-G750JH-3D-120Hz-kmode-exception-not-handled

Hope this helps, but feel free to let us know how it goes and request more suggestions (from others since I may be out of ideas?).

I tried but it has nothing to do with the mouse.
On safe mode, it appears to be an issue with the monitor, "Generic Non-Pnp Monitor" and the yellow exclamation mark wont go away if I update it...I'm afraid to uninstall it. dont want to further cause problems...

when i type events, the event viewer log comes up and I get a message saying I experienced a critical error "Kernel-Power
Event Id 41....
and I noticed something odd...I bought the laptop just a week ago and I saw hundreds of errors dating back from Novemeber 2013....Has this llaptop been used?

Im really annoyed and angry for shelling out a lot of money!
Dont get me wrong, the laptop is awesome but the BSOD is just ruining it for me and is causing it to slow down..
Any help would be great! :(

PhoenicianX
03-01-2014, 03:22 PM
It has something to do with the Monitor..I checked it in Safe mode... "Generic Non-Pnp Monitor".. it has a yellow exclamation mark so that seems to be the issue with it...any solutions???

Btw, when I checked event viewer, the critical error says "Kernel Power" Event ID 43..and I noticed something odd..My laptop seems to having experienced hundreds of other errors from Novemeber 2013 in 2-3 different days...I bought the laptop a week ago and brand new from a retail shop.

Any help would be appreciated :( I spent a lot of money on this..

cl-Albert
03-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Sorry, I'm not that great with software, so you may want to look into it more and get more opinions.

If it's possible, or easier, consider the ideas below, but consider talking with your store (or local ASUS support?) first to find out if you have any options to replace the unit in case there are any hardware problems (I'm not sure yet) or how much time you have before it's too late to arrange this.

Anyway, if you aren't worried about erasing your hard drive, thought you may just want to recover/reset Win8 which should solve the Generic Non-PnP Monitor error at least although there should be easier ways to do this (my G750JW shows a Generic PnP Monitor if you want to try to install it instead).

If you do wipe your software, try to test the system as much as you can before installing anything else just to get a better idea if those random BSODs could be software or hardware related.
If you don't see any problems after erasing everything, change things slowly (and create Windows system restore points along the way?) to hopefully catch what is causing them if it was a software problem.

Hope this is able to help, or others can suggest better ideas.

yansendjohan
03-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Mine got the same problem. Mine is g750jx.. It slowed down my laptop a lot. Please someone who have the solution post here..
I have reinstalled my ROG gx850 software and it seemed not helping..

hmscott
03-06-2014, 05:09 PM
It has something to do with the Monitor..I checked it in Safe mode... "Generic Non-Pnp Monitor".. it has a yellow exclamation mark so that seems to be the issue with it...any solutions???

Btw, when I checked event viewer, the critical error says "Kernel Power" Event ID 43..and I noticed something odd..My laptop seems to having experienced hundreds of other errors from Novemeber 2013 in 2-3 different days...I bought the laptop a week ago and brand new from a retail shop.

Any help would be appreciated :( I spent a lot of money on this..

If in the device driver view you see a yellow icon next to a device, that means the driver isn't available or not installed. Try right clicking on the icon / entry and select uninstall, then under the Action Menu select Scan for Hardware changes and it should reinstall the driver.

Nicholashung
05-11-2014, 03:25 AM
i think is ur RAM problem.....u try take out ur additional ram....
ram requirement is 1.5v.

Nicholashung
05-11-2014, 03:28 AM
last time i have same problem with u KMODE unexpected handle...every time i play dota or AutoCAD will restart and bluescreen,....
than i take out the addictional 8gd ram..now solve the problem already...original 8gd...may be i will try to find 1.5v 8gd RAM

Nicholashung
05-11-2014, 03:37 AM
last time i have same problem with u KMODE unexpected handle...every time i play dota or AutoCAD will restart and bluescreen,....
than i take out the addictional 8gd ram..now solve the problem already...

cl-Albert
05-12-2014, 05:28 PM
i think is ur RAM problem.....u try take out ur additional ram....
ram requirement is 1.5v.

Actually, you should use 1.35V ram for the G750 series as mentioned in this thread http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33744-Upgraders-1.35V-memory-is-required!&country=&status=, but you still could run into memory compatibility issues, so you still need to be careful with this.