PDA

View Full Version : Cost to Change G750JX Chassis after accidental drop?

UltimateKyo
03-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Hi Guys,

Just to check with you all, how much does it cost to change the chassis of the laptop? I dropped my laptop accidentally and got several dent on it's chassis, seriously considering to change the chassis of it but would like to have a quotation of how much and how long would it take to fix that?

hmscott
03-01-2014, 06:50 AM
Hi Guys,

Just to check with you all, how much does it cost to change the chassis of the laptop? I dropped my laptop accidentally and got several dent on it's chassis, seriously considering to change the chassis of it but would like to have a quotation of how much and how long would it take to fix that?

You should have received the Asus Accidental Damaage coverage with your warranty from Asus, I don't think anyone is out of warranty yet :)

Notebook Limited Hardware​ Warranty Terms
http://www.service.asus.com/#!notebook-warranty/c23xh

That is the North American Warranty - skip the non-covered damage mentioned early on, and and go to the section on the Accidental Damage Protection, here is that section text:

Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)**

ASUS Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) covers liquid spills, drops, and fires. Scenarios not covered (but not limited to) by the ADP terms are: scratches and dents, incorrect or inadequate customer installation, lost or stolen products, intentional or unintentional damage, recovery or transfer of stored data to the product, requests for miscellaneous cables or accessories, and damages caused by acts of God or nature. Filing a claim depends on prior validation and approval by ASUS. In order to make an ADP claim, you will have to provide an explanation of where and when the accident occurred as well as a detailed description of the incident. Failure to provide this information will result in claim denial. You are responsible to pay for one-way shipping to a designated ASUS Service Site, and ASUS will cover the costs of returning the unit to your originating address within the United States and Canada only. For more information, visit this page. Not applicable on all units and subject to verification by ASUS.

Other countries / regions have similar / different coverage.

My box and inserts had info on the ADP coverage...

UltimateKyo
03-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Just a heads up, for user in Singapore, there isn't any Accidental Damage Coverage for us. Therefore the chassis pricing will be as follows:

Base Casing: S$150
Aluminum top with Keyboard module: $150
Ventilation Fan Hedge: $100

So please prevent any unfortunate from happening to your chassis as these are costy!

hmscott
03-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Just a heads up, for user in Singapore, there isn't any Accidental Damage Coverage for us. Therefore the chassis pricing will be as follows:

Base Casing: S$150
Aluminum top with Keyboard module: $150
Ventilation Fan Hedge: $100

So please prevent any unfortunate from happening to your chassis as these are costy!

UltimateKyo, that's a drag man, but unless I am missing a currency conversion gotcha, those prices don't seem too bad for a major chassis replacement. How much was the G750 originally?

How did the damage happen?

I have hit the JW/JX against solid objects a couple of times, trained me to be more careful with these high mass laptops, so far not the JH, but at no time did I feel like the G750 was gonna break...

UltimateKyo
03-04-2014, 04:07 PM
Haha, I place my laptop on a table top which is around 1.5m in height and my nephew actually pulled the power cord which drew my laptop on falling directly on to the ground. Totally shocked when i see my G750JX dropped

hmscott
03-05-2014, 05:24 AM
Haha, I place my laptop on a table top which is around 1.5m in height and my nephew actually pulled the power cord which drew my laptop on falling directly on to the ground. Totally shocked when i see my G750JX dropped

Gotta love'em :)

Just as an aside. I once repaired a friends laptop after their daughters knocked it off the kitchen table onto the display - shattering it. It took a couple of weeks to get the laptop screen and replace it. The same night I dropped off the repaired laptop, the girls did the same thing, all over again - they didn't repair it a second time, but kept their laptops at the office after that :)

UltimateKyo
03-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Yeah I'm right now putting it in a very safe place. LOL, since it's a new chassis and it's really cool and nice, I even place them in dustbag before I slept to prevent dust attack. HAHAHA!

hmscott
03-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Yeah I'm right now putting it in a very safe place. LOL, since it's a new chassis and it's really cool and nice, I even place them in dustbag before I slept to prevent dust attack. HAHAHA!

Cool, good luck :)

microgamerz
10-25-2015, 10:22 AM
@UltimateKyo

I feel you man, i just accidentally hit my laptop and had a dent on the front near the track pad.

I would like to ask, what i your experience with the replacement of chassis, did they replace the whole chassis or just the dented one. Where can i have my laptop to be repaired also, could you give me some pointers.

BTW i have a G750JW and i'm from the philippines

Thank You