PDA

View Full Version : BAD ASUS RMA experience with G750JX

demonz500
03-02-2014, 03:19 PM
On January 13th my G750JX couldn’t power on when I tried to turn it on in the morning. The laptop worked well in the previous evening until I turned it off and went to sleep. So I contacted Asus customer service and requested a RMA. I shipped it on Tuesday and they got it on Thursday. Then they started the repairs on the following Monday and finished them 3 days later. The reason for repairs was the motherboard issue, so they replaced the motherboard.
Then I got my laptop back on the following Tuesday. The turnaround time was very good and reasonable.

When I got my laptop back, it powered on and seemed to work well. Then I had a look around my laptop to see how the service center handled my laptop. Then I had found out some issues. The LCD BEZEL SUB ASSY and the HARD DRIVE PLASTIC DOOR COVER didn’t fit completely. And the LCD RUBBER at the top-right corner was damaged. Also, the keyboard couldn’t be lighted up. So I contacted customer service again and created another RMA with priority. I again sent my laptop to the service center for repairs and replacements. They got it on February 12th and it took them also 10 days to complete the repairs. They finished the repairs on February 21st. So I thought it took so long this time because they needed time to repair the keyboard or replace the keyboard.

The “cellular sheet” at the top was removed on each HDD CADD ENCLOSURE.

The keyboard doesn't light up after pressing fn+F4

However, after receiving my laptop back, the issue with backlighting keyboard hasn’t been repaired. They only replaced the LCD RUBBER and LCD BEZEL SUB ASSY as stated in the Repair Summary. It took them 10 days just to replace those parts.

Moreover, when I was installing my SSDs back to my laptop, I’ve realized that the HARD DRIVE CADDY ENCLOSURES were damaged. The “cellular sheet” (I don’t know what this is called) was removed. This time I was really disappointed. They didn’t handle the repairs properly while they kept damaging the parts.

The damage of HARD DIVE CADDY ENCLOSURES really led me to the end of the disappointment to the service center. There are 2 cases that I think can explain the damage of the HARD DRIVE CADDY ENCLOSURES.

+ The first case is that they damaged them unintentionally and it was just an accident
So then how come didn’t they replace them?
If they said they didn’t see the damage, then this would be extremely ridiculous. They would have to check and test the laptop after completing the repairs. Then there is no reason they didn’t see the damage.

+The second case is that they damaged them intentionally. It’s not easy to damage or remove the “cellular sheet” unless you peel it off intentionally. So I don’t think this is an accident. Then the service center or the technicians didn’t handle my laptop professionally.

Thus, neither of those cases can convince me. They simply didn’t care.

It wasted my time so much and what I've got back is just an unfinished and damaged laptop.
Therefore, the service center is REALLY BAD. My laptop was supposed to be in like-new condition and now look at what they’ve done to my laptop.

The reason I bought this laptop because I’ve heard a lot of good feedbacks about Asus service. But Asus service is really going down.
This is my first Asus laptop and would be my LAST one as well. I would never buy another Asus laptop if the service keeps getting worse.

Lastly, does anyone know who I can contact to in order to resolve this problem?

I’ve contacted Asus customer service, but all they could do is creating another RMA to send my laptop to the service center again. I don't want to send my laptop to the service center anymore since they don't care and don't handle my laptop and the repairs properly.

Based on those experiences, I bet there could be other damages of the interiors which I can't see.

I’ve already filed a complaint, but haven’t got the respond yet.
I’d to talk to someone who has the authority to handle this problem. I won’t let this go easily. I paid for over $1500 not to get this bad service.

Finally, I hope no one here will need to send your laptop to the service center for repairs or you will get back a laptop like mine.

Symho
03-03-2014, 01:47 PM
I had 7 RMA with G74Sx, G750JX and last G750JH-T4170H... so I understand what your word mean!

cl-Albert
03-03-2014, 06:54 PM
However, after receiving my laptop back, the issue with backlighting keyboard hasn’t been repaired. They only replaced the LCD RUBBER and LCD BEZEL SUB ASSY as stated in the Repair Summary. It took them 10 days just to replace those parts.

Sorry to hear those repairs didn't go more smoothly, but if you are in the U.S., send me a Private Message (PM) at cl-Albert with any of your rma numbers and I can discuss more options with you.

By the way if the keyboard lights don't flash momentarily at power-up, it's a hardware issue that needs to be sent back for repair to solve, so we may need to talk about how best to handle this. Thanks.