PDA

View Full Version : Automatic screen dimming

Novadash
03-03-2014, 11:02 PM
So I know that this has been issue in most people and by the other forum I realize that it might actually be Nvidia's problem. However, is there no other way to fix this rather than downloading a "stable" nvidia driver?
I'm using gtx770m and there is no 311.89 driver as they had suggested to download as the most stable one that I can get from the Nvidia website for the gtx 770m is 327.73 which is the earliest one with WHQL.
Should I download this driver even if it's not 311.89? Are there any other fixes?

noone
03-04-2014, 05:05 AM
There is a thread, calling it auto-contrast. Look there.

UltimateKyo
03-04-2014, 01:33 PM
In short just uninstall your Asus splendid, you don't have this issue anymore

hmscott
03-04-2014, 01:43 PM
In short just uninstall your Asus splendid, you don't have this issue anymore

NIce to know, I guess that is why I haven't seen the auto-dimming / contrast problem.

Can anyone with the problem uninstall Asus Splendid and verify it's a fix?

UltimateKyo
03-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I do face that before I uninstall the program, sometimes my screen become yellowish, now it won't change its color automatically

PatRaven
03-04-2014, 08:21 PM
NIce to know, I guess that is why I haven't seen the auto-dimming / contrast problem.

Can anyone with the problem uninstall Asus Splendid and verify it's a fix?

I can confirm that it's NOT a fix for me, but you know that already ;)

UltimateKyo
03-05-2014, 01:18 AM
Lol, PatRaven, so are your issue fixed? Else I support you have to go back Asus and find help?

hmscott
03-05-2014, 05:50 AM
I can confirm that it's NOT a fix for me, but you know that already ;)

Not you specifically PatRaven, but afaik Splendid just mucks with the icc profiles and trys to "correct" the display to a standard, but doesn't engage the sensor for dimming.

It seems to be a driver issue with newer Nvidia drivers. Posting to the Nvidia support forum might get some action.

Thestroj
03-05-2014, 09:17 PM
I was conviced that i dont have the auto dimmong problem! I learned today that i do have one.

Usaly i use my laptop with full brightness, but yesterday i was carying it around and i noticed that my screen has auto dimming problems also.
When i tried to changed my screen brightnes i noticed that if not on full brightness i get the auto dimm problems. When i was playing with the brightness i noticed that laptop is kinda using 2 settings for brightness and changing betwen them every couple of seconds. That was noticable on the brightness thingy that pops up on your screen when u press Fn+F6/F5.

I tried to adjust all the options under power profile about dimming brightness... no Succes....

If i leave my screen at full brightness there is no auto dimming...

Just wanted to leave my 2 cents...

Take care

TiberiusX
03-06-2014, 12:57 AM
How I got rid of the auto contrasting on my G750 JH. I have been stable for two days now with multiple reboots and no auto contrast/dimming.First I had already uninstalled Splendid utility due to color distortion issues but I still have Power for gear
installed, also I did turn off auto screen brightness in the advanced settings of Power for gear and have the latest driver installed through Nvidia Geforce experience (driver 334.89).

Opened Nvidia control panel
opened "adjust video color settings"
clicked radio button for adjust with the Nvidia settings
advanced tab
dynamic range (Full 0-255)

**Now here is where I noticed that the dynamic contrast enhancement was not check marked as being enabled so I,

clicked box to enable
hit apply
clicked again to uncheck box,
hit apply again,
closed Nvidia control panel and rebooted.....

Voila, no more auto contrast for two days now.

**By the way, the latest Nvidia driver is working perfectly for me.**