PDA

View Full Version : Changing my non 3d 60hz ChiMei display with 120HZ 3d pannel? can it be done?

Thestroj
03-04-2014, 05:58 PM
I can get my hands on used working 120hz 3d display from another G750.
I was thinking about this for some time now. I have a friend that is working at ASUS repair center in my country.
He claims that display will work, but without 3d. I want to dubblecheck.
All i want to know is, if i could change the two displays mentioned.

I understand that my laptop dosent have the 3d emitter, and i realy dont care for the 3d stuff.
I just want is, to get this crappy display out of my system, and get that flickering off of my display.
Will the 120hz 3d panel even work if i change it.

Do g750's with 3d screen have any problems with flickering or any other freaky stuff?

Would anyone care to explain some of this stuff. I would realy apreciate it.

Thank you and take care.

The Jackal
03-05-2014, 01:02 AM
Don't even think about it! the motherboard connecters are different and if you do manage to change it, you will fry your motherboard

PS: I have the 3D screen and it has 0 issues with flickering and the colors / clarity is crystal clear.

it's day and night difference between the 3D / Glossy screen and the ugly matte screen which looks as if someone put grease on the screen and has a lot of pixelation when you look closely especially on white backgrounds

I would sell my laptop right away if I ever had a matte screen from ASUS again. That's what I did with my previous G73Sw

Thestroj
03-05-2014, 09:10 PM
Thank you for the reply!

gazzacbr
03-06-2014, 02:59 AM
as The Jackal says the connectors are different. the 3D ones connect to an internal display port to get the extra speed required for 120Hz.
i am also happy with my glossy screen and the bright colours. i have not had any of the nVidia driver problems talked about on here.

not sure what asus were thinking really. why did they not put the 3D screens on all the G750s and offer gloss or matte?
otherwise just offer glossy and make a few more bucks from an optional add on matte screen protector.