PDA

View Full Version : Question about Plastic Flap on Asus G750JW

medart
03-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Hallo fellow Asus Owners,

I recently bought an Asus G750JW and have just joined the forum.

I hope I can post a few questions about my new machine ...

Most pressing - I noticed that the plastic flap below the screen on the left of the machine (see attached picture) does not sit tightly on the chassis. There is a gap of a few millimetres. On the other side of the machine the flap sits well.

Can anyone tell me if this is more than a cosmetic problem, and whether I can fix it, without sending it away. I would be happy to just ignore it if it isn't likely to lead to a bigger problem, rather than return it to be fixed.

Thanks in advance!:)

rdiscipio1
03-06-2014, 01:21 AM
I'm picky, and after spending good coin on a new machine, I would not let that stand even if a cosmetic flaw. I would return for a new & proper one without defect.

ThatGuy_ZA
03-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Mine does the same thing but no where nearly as badly as yours. I actually hadn't noticed it until now...

Darnassus
03-06-2014, 08:21 AM
It's not the flap I believe, it's the aluminium plate that sits on the keyboard. It's not even, for me it has sunk down on the bottom left side. My left hand would get irritated from the sharp edge of the chassis, since it was like n____ shaped, my wrist on the 'n' part, the ____ being the flat.

gazzacbr
03-06-2014, 09:05 AM
damn you medart :p

i thought mine was perfect (well, except for the 2 pegs i broke inside the bottom flap)

i had to look close at the corner where your photo is and i have a gap.
ok, its not a big gap, and i didnt notice it before, but now i have, and there is not one the other side, so they are not the same.
damn, damn, damn

Symho
03-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Send by RMA or refuse yours machine if you can the money that you have gone to ASUS have not issue!

Darnassus
03-06-2014, 11:16 AM
actually never mind, I have it too.

Didn't someone say these are hand assembled or something..? ';x

kingfish
03-06-2014, 11:36 AM
hahaha.. see mine
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40786-does-warranty-cover-this-one

i don;t know if they are selling the covers or accessories that we can use to fix this one.

medart
03-06-2014, 04:01 PM
I really appreciate your answers. I already love this machine. I think its best looking, and probably best performing laptop I have had.

The good news is I could fix the problem in the way suggested in the link provided by kingfish.

There is a screw you can access on the bottom of the laptop. The rubber plug that covers is easily removed with a small tipped screwdriver. I was able to tigjhten the screw a couple of turns - not too much - while at the same time pressing on the flap a bit. That was enough to close the gap.

I made sure to use a good quality screwdriver of the right size, in order to avoid damaging the screwhead.

I hope I didn't spoil anyone's day by drawing attention to this minor problem, and my thanks to kingfish and everyone else for their suggestions. I'm so glad I didn't send it away. This was an easy fix.