PDA

View Full Version : Help! Random Blackscreen Flashing!.

asguard22
03-06-2014, 01:46 AM
Hello everyone,
1-after saving for a very long time i bought this gaming laptop 2 weaks ago (The Asus G750jx 3d Model which is 120hz )
the laptop is amazing and i like it a lot, But i am facing this issue which is written in the title .
10 minutes or so i am getting these random flashes that are very very annoying for some unknown reason and i would like an assist with this issue as soon as possible please.
Is this a normal issue because i am running in 120hz refresh rate? is this something that can be fixed in software? or do i have to bring back the laptop to the service center? please Help.

2- 1 more question which is Non Technical .
While i am gaming i keep pressing the windows Key button on and the keyboard and i hate it a lot , is there some kind of a gaming mode button or a function where i can disable this key while gaming? I mean there should be some kind of solution for this , this is a gaming laptop for god sake and not even a cheap one.

Regards,
Mezoo

The Jackal
03-06-2014, 01:59 AM
1) that is not normal, I have the same screen and its meant to work on 120 Hz. all the time, it's a 3D screen for god's sake

maybe the connecter of the screen is lose

take it back to the service center

2) no, get used to it

hmscott
03-06-2014, 12:24 PM
Hello everyone,
1-after saving for a very long time i bought this gaming laptop 2 weaks ago (The Asus G750jx 3d Model which is 120hz )
the laptop is amazing and i like it a lot, But i am facing this issue which is written in the title .
10 minutes or so i am getting these random flashes that are very very annoying for some unknown reason and i would like an assist with this issue as soon as possible please.
Is this a normal issue because i am running in 120hz refresh rate? is this something that can be fixed in software? or do i have to bring back the laptop to the service center? please Help.

2- 1 more question which is Non Technical .
While i am gaming i keep pressing the windows Key button on and the keyboard and i hate it a lot , is there some kind of a gaming mode button or a function where i can disable this key while gaming? I mean there should be some kind of solution for this , this is a gaming laptop for god sake and not even a cheap one.

Regards,
Mezoo

You shouldn't get the random flashes. Updating the driver to the latest Nvidia driver might help? That is the only software thing I can think of. Did you turn off screen dimming and auto screen off? It might be one of those trying to work, and failing - or something else that is set to happen every 10 minutes - the clue to what is setting off the flash might be the regular timing of the flash.

The Windows key problem has a lot of solutions on the internet, registry hacks mostly, but here is an app that still works on Windows 8.1, just download it and run it and it disables Windows Key - exit it from the Systray icon and Windows Key starts working again. Some of my Logitech Gaming keyboards have a switch to turn off Windows Key too.

http://www.wargeek.net/disable-windows-key-when-playing-game-windows-7-xp-vista.html
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/WKey-Disabler.shtml

The Jackal
03-06-2014, 12:43 PM
do not listen to that crappy advice, updating your graphics driver to the latest offered by nVIDIA might actually render your laptop not being able to boot at all and you will have to do a system recovery especially if you have the 3D screen.

Only update to the latest nVIDIA Driver offered on your laptop's download page and when installing, make sure you tick the CLEAN install box and then also untick the GeForce experience otherwise it will auto update to the latest nVIDIA Driver causing the same issue

Link to the latest supported driver for YOUR laptop:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918132683.zip

PS: Even if the latest nVIDIA Driver did solve some of the booting issues, u will still run into problems when using 3D or what not, play safe, use the ASUS Driver, they know what's best for your laptop rather than installing some generic buggy nVIDIA crap

hmscott
03-06-2014, 05:00 PM
do not listen to that crappy advice, updating your graphics driver to the latest offered by nVIDIA might actually render your laptop not being able to boot at all and you will have to do a system recovery especially if you have the 3D screen.

Only update to the latest nVIDIA Driver offered on your laptop's download page and when installing, make sure you tick the CLEAN install box and then also untick the GeForce experience otherwise it will auto update to the latest nVIDIA Driver causing the same issue

Link to the latest supported driver for YOUR laptop:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918132683.zip

PS: Even if the latest nVIDIA Driver did solve some of the booting issues, u will still run into problems when using 3D or what not, play safe, use the ASUS Driver, they know what's best for your laptop rather than installing some generic buggy nVIDIA crap

Jackal, if you have a contrary opinion to someone else, it is less than polite, professional, or even smart, to start off trashing the advice - especially when at the end you back track.

The reason I said to pick the latest is because the problems with booting, 3d and rendering have all been fixed, and it is now ok to at least try the newest driver from Nvidia.

And, Nvidia doesn't make crap, they are a great company that, just like every other great company does, comes out with bugs from time to time.

If you want to be conservative, you can back up to the latest Asus driver, but that may even be a problem since it doesn't include the fixes that Nvidia has put into the drivers since.

Doing a clean install is a good idea, I do that myself for every update. GeForce experience is good for the game settings, and if you turn off the automatic driver update it doesn't cause the problem you mention.

Please try to remain positive in your comments and give others a chance to absorb your information in addition to others information. :)

The Jackal
03-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Jackal, if you have a contrary opinion to someone else, it is less than polite, professional, or even smart, to start off trashing the advice - especially when at the end you back track.

The reason I said to pick the latest is because the problems with booting, 3d and rendering have all been fixed, and it is now ok to at least try the newest driver from Nvidia.

And, Nvidia doesn't make crap, they are a great company that, just like every other great company does, comes out with bugs from time to time.

If you want to be conservative, you can back up to the latest Asus driver, but that may even be a problem since it doesn't include the fixes that Nvidia has put into the drivers since.

Doing a clean install is a good idea, I do that myself for every update. GeForce experience is good for the game settings, and if you turn off the automatic driver update it doesn't cause the problem you mention.

Please try to remain positive in your comments and give others a chance to absorb your information in addition to others information. :)

didn't mean to attak u man, just said crappy

I've spent endless formatting trying diff. nVIDIA Drivers so I know what problems they bring, especially for 3D laptops. They have been the most stable company when it comes to drivers, but ever since drivers v311.XXXX, all the 32X/33X series is buggy

just now the 334 got rid of the boot bug, yet they still have issues with 3D functionality on the laptop

just my 2 cents dawg

asguard22
03-06-2014, 09:03 PM
@The Jackal , i did update to the latest nvidia driver which is Ver 334.89 and it didn't prevent from booting up the device , i guess the bug u mentioned was already fixed, Unfortunately though it didn't fix my issue at all .

and i also tried all the mentioned tips above with no help at all , tomorrow i am going to the service center and ill check with them and see whats the issue exactly and then ill tell u guys what will they say.

hmscott
03-07-2014, 07:39 AM
didn't mean to attak u man, just said crappy

i've spent endless formatting trying diff. Nvidia drivers so i know what problems they bring, especially for 3d laptops. They have been the most stable company when it comes to drivers, but ever since drivers v311.xxxx, all the 32x/33x series is buggy

just now the 334 got rid of the boot bug, yet they still have issues with 3d functionality on the laptop

just my 2 cents dawg

np :)

hmscott
03-07-2014, 07:40 AM
@The Jackal , i did update to the latest nvidia driver which is Ver 334.89 and it didn't prevent from booting up the device , i guess the bug u mentioned was already fixed, Unfortunately though it didn't fix my issue at all .

and i also tried all the mentioned tips above with no help at all , tomorrow i am going to the service center and ill check with them and see whats the issue exactly and then ill tell u guys what will they say.

Would love to know... I did have a thought later, I wonder if it is related to the 3d sensor...

asguard22
03-08-2014, 12:34 PM
@Hamscott , i still didn't go to the service center cause its closed today , tomorrow Sunday it will be open and ill check with them , anyways i found this youtube video of a person with the exact issue that i have http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6ljWFjvqNg
watch it please , i think it explains it better than my description