PDA

View Full Version : HELP Me to Fix My G750JX BSOD

yansendjohan
03-07-2014, 04:51 PM
HI i am experiencing BSOD K_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Just bought this laptop and i have tried reinstalling ROG GX850 as said in other thread. the problem not solved. here i attach the screenshot from bluescreenview of my dmp file. now my laptop goes sleep after 2 minutes idle. please someone help me. i really appreciate any help. i have updated windows, updated nvidia GTX770M driver and i do not know what to do anymore. please

Darnassus
03-07-2014, 05:01 PM
If it might be a bad driver, giving you crashes, then........

Click Start

Type verifier in the box and press Enter

Select Create Standard Settings, then click Next, then select Automatically Select all Drivers Installed on this Computer

Click Next, then Finish

Reboot your computer, and you will see the list of drivers to be verified during startup. If there is a faulty driver you will get a BSOD with its respective error message

You can then identify the driver listed and uninstall it when you log back into Windows

When you have determined the faulty driver, log back into Windows and you can uninstall the driver via the Device Manager

=====

Next, you will want to disable the Driver Verification so it doesn’t always check on startup.

Click Start and type verifier /reset

=====

To disable a driver once you’ve identified it:

Restart your PC in Safe Mode in order to avoid any further Blue Screens of Death while you’re trying to take care of the problem

Click Start

Click Control Panel

Click Device Manager

Click the arrow next to individual devices, right click on the device, and click Properties

click Details to see the driver name. If you see any devices with a yellow exclamation mark, you’re on the right track, but this will not necessarily be the case

Additionally, try doing a CTRL + F on the Windows desktop for the driver name to see what folder it’s in; this will provide a clue as to what device the driver belongs to

Once you find the offending driver, click Uninstall from that same Properties screen

Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver itself from information it provides from the Internet. This is called Plug and Play. Allow it to do so.

Good luck! ;d

yansendjohan
03-07-2014, 05:27 PM
I have done it and new BSOD message appear. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION just after i logged in. I did not even see any driver verifier list. And it keep restarting.
OMG. Help Darnassus. I am online on phone now and really frustrated.

angrylemon
03-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Run it in safe mode and turn off Driver Verifier, then check your logs to see what the cause is.

yansendjohan
03-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Run it in safe mode and turn off Driver Verifier, then check your logs to see what the cause is.

I have run the verifier and ended to a new BSOD message which is Driver Verifier detected violation and my laptop now keep restarting.

yansendjohan
03-07-2014, 06:31 PM
I got generic non pnp monitor has an exclamation mark in safe mode

Darnassus
03-07-2014, 06:46 PM
You said this happened the moment you bought it?

Also, did you type

verifier /reset

In safe mode, to turn the verifier off?

Darnassus
03-07-2014, 06:48 PM
You need to read what the verfier spits out, it should tell you what driver is having a problem

Nate152
03-07-2014, 07:04 PM
If all else fails you could try a system restore or system recovery.

yansendjohan
03-08-2014, 12:47 AM
You said this happened the moment you bought it?

Also, did you type

verifier /reset

In safe mode, to turn the verifier off?

I bought the laptop on 1st of march and got the free ram upgrade. The guy installed the ram for me. After i got home, i made the 512mb recovery cd. After that i installed chrome, games, etc. March 4th i made the 16gb recovery using my flashdisk. The first encounter was when i played team fortress 2 on march 5th. I panicked and did "reset" with the usb.

Please tell me is the apps i installed before creating usb recovery drive should be on my laptop again after i reset my laptop with the usb? Or the usb only reset the windows to the first state without keeping the apps?

Back to the story, i restored and after that i updated windows and nvidia driver. Installed steam and downloading game hopefully everything was gonna be okay.
Couple of hours the BSOD happened again and till now no solution. I have tried to verify which led to BSOD "device verifier detected violation" and open device manager in safe mode and i saw exclamation mark on the generic non pnp monitor (it is generic pnp monitor in normal mode). I right clicked and update, but it said the software is the newest. What should i do then?

Please help me.

yansendjohan
03-08-2014, 12:59 AM
You need to read what the verfier spits out, it should tell you what driver is having a problem

about the verifier. i tried and got me BSOD with "device verifier detected violation". keep restarting and BSODing even just after i logged in. so i entered safe mode and turn the verifier off by opening the verifier and click delete setting. after that i opened the minidump files and here is another conflicting files.

the ntoskrnl.exe always there.

what do you suspect to cause this? i have mcafee livesave - internet security preinstalled.

angrylemon
03-08-2014, 04:14 AM
Is the extra RAM at 1.5V or is it Kingston Ram?

yansendjohan
03-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Is the extra RAM at 1.5V or is it Kingston Ram?

nope, they were elpida and samsung. here i attached the memory view from cpu-z. memory slot 1,2,and 3. slot 4 is empty.

my laptop is slower now. huff......

gazzacbr
03-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Hi,
so you have 24GB of RAM and 2 are the same and 1 is different?????
I also have 24GB of RAM in a JX but they are all exactly the same, manufactured in the same week, all Hyundai and in slots 2,3,4. slot 1 is empty.
what are Asus doing?????
for me personally, i would just do a clean install if possible, not from recovery (which i did on the second day) and try that.
send it back and tell them you want the memory all exactly the same as a start.
just for information, does that mean that you have access to the last slot if you wanted to upgrade? or is that slot hidded inside the casing?
not sure which slot numbers are which, anyone?

yansendjohan
03-09-2014, 05:10 AM
Hi,
so you have 24GB of RAM and 2 are the same and 1 is different?????
I also have 24GB of RAM in a JX but they are all exactly the same, manufactured in the same week, all Hyundai and in slots 2,3,4. slot 1 is empty.
what are Asus doing?????
for me personally, i would just do a clean install if possible, not from recovery (which i did on the second day) and try that.
send it back and tell them you want the memory all exactly the same as a start.
just for information, does that mean that you have access to the last slot if you wanted to upgrade? or is that slot hidded inside the casing?
not sure which slot numbers are which, anyone?

dunno which are which. i have uninstalled mcafee which is preinstalled in my laptop and uninstall ROG GX850 mouse software and driver in device manager. everything running ok now. so lets hope the problem is gone forever.

been using this for playing and downloading.. seems okay now.. so the conclution is mcafee and mouse driver.. i will keep informing for 2-3 more days..

so far so good.. so there was additional issue about mcafee which caused BSOD.

Maxter
05-20-2014, 10:05 PM
Get the software "WhoCrashed" (http://www.resplendence.com/downloads) and check the dump files through there. Post the picture of it so we can see. From the 1st post, it seems it is a kernel crash from power management features. I've seen issues like this with CPU clock problems and Hard Drive failures, but I don't think it's related to those... There is, incidentally, a new P4G update on support.asus.com (I checked the patch-notes file and there are some power fixes for Win8.1). Are you on Win 8 or 8.1?