PDA

View Full Version : Would I be able to get a replacement?

jesse550
09-27-2011, 03:01 PM
It hasn't even been 6 months since I got my G73SW and it's just been filled with problems. I sent it back the first time because it stopped charging + I found out I had the sandy bridge issue. Mobo got replaces. I got it back and the GPU fan was not working, had to send it right back the next day (now 1 month without my laptop). I also told them about a touchpad issue I had and that was NOT resolved both times. Now I was just casually browsing the web and the screen shuts off. Fully off, no backlight. Then I tried to turn it on, the keyboard lights flashed on then off quickly but the screen did not turn on. I waited about 15 seconds and hit the power switch (and the laptop just instantly shut off so I guess it didn't POST). I was just wondering if I would be eligible for a replacement unit since I've just had it with this unit (especially for a ~$2k laptop). Worst part is, I just got my early beta key for battlefield 3 -___-.

korre
09-27-2011, 03:20 PM
If you get a computer whilst yours is being repaired?
I think that's a 100% no, waited for aprox 1 month and 2 weeks for my computer aswell, I have a little slut computer, red painted and all, ferrari something. used that one to spend my time. It's **** son, sorry for ur loss. As I see it's worse than death of a human to be w/o a computer :(

Chastity@ASUS
09-27-2011, 04:42 PM
It hasn't even been 6 months since I got my G73SW and it's just been filled with problems. I sent it back the first time because it stopped charging + I found out I had the sandy bridge issue. Mobo got replaces. I got it back and the GPU fan was not working, had to send it right back the next day (now 1 month without my laptop). I also told them about a touchpad issue I had and that was NOT resolved both times. Now I was just casually browsing the web and the screen shuts off. Fully off, no backlight. Then I tried to turn it on, the keyboard lights flashed on then off quickly but the screen did not turn on. I waited about 15 seconds and hit the power switch (and the laptop just instantly shut off so I guess it didn't POST). I was just wondering if I would be eligible for a replacement unit since I've just had it with this unit (especially for a ~$2k laptop). Worst part is, I just got my early beta key for battlefield 3 -___-.

Can you PM me the RMA #'s of your cases, and the Serial number off your unit, so I can check your case history?

jesse550
09-27-2011, 06:02 PM
@Chastity@ASUS: Thanks, just sent the PM.
@Korre: I was looking more along the lines of swapping the unit not a unit to use while it's being repaired.

JRd1st
09-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Dude, for all of your trouble you deserve a brand new UPGRADE unit!

Be assertive, maybe you'll get it!!

jesse550
09-27-2011, 06:32 PM
That would be awesome especially after all the headaches this unit has cost me: from data loss -> just recently lost backups of websites I made + server migrated so the sites are dead for good. School-work lost (fml) and just a month without a laptop is a pain in the *** for me since I work online, schoolwork online, everything I do is online and I'm not home enough to use my desktop. Oh yeah, I did take the laptop to class for notes (barely fit on the desk lol!).

Chastity@ASUS
09-27-2011, 06:59 PM
"Dude, for all of your trouble you deserve a brand new UPGRADE unit!

Be assertive, maybe you'll get it!! "

Dude, I'm right here, and can read your texts. :D

@jesse550: I'm gonna sit down with trinity and see about getting this taken care of. In the meantime, I would suggest you get a small netbook or ultraportable unit for school. A lot easier to drag around and better battery life, plus it fits on the desk. :)

Pyro411
09-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Chastity, would you happen to know the theoretical threshold on that for flat replacement? :( I have a G73Jh "Purchased May 27th 2010" that has had it's video card replaced twice and is about to go in a 3rd time likely to get the video card replaced.

Chastity@ASUS
09-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Replacement can occur after the 3rd RMA for the same problem, IIRC. :) Send me your S/N and I can track the item. If it's not fixed, then I can take over.

jesse550
09-27-2011, 11:28 PM
An upgrade to a g74 would sure be great :P Anyways, got myself a MacBook Air. It's super thin and portable compared to that heavy machinery I used to carry around lol!

chrsplmr
09-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Chastity...Come on over to the other side, you know, motherboards.
I know your only one human, not that some notice.
Thank You...(Hey, that didnt hurt at all...your the best.)