PDA

View Full Version : Windows login issues

Syffer
09-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Hello,

i bought a brand new G74SX 105V and well it is pretty good except a pretty annoying bug.

Actually sometimes when the pc didn't run for like at least maybe 6 hours or when it wake up from hibernate mode, when I start the laptop it load etc.. and then come the logon screen of windows, so nothing anormal here. And then immediatly i see like 2 times wrong password, like if windows was trying to enter without the password or with a bad password.
Then windows put the Welcome screen, with the 'loading circle', and 30 sec later it renew the same issue.

I need to spam the enter key to get the 'wrong password' stoping and click ok, and then type the right pass and then enter.
I thought it was windows so I reinstalled it with a custom install, but didn't solved the problem : /
I installed all drivers found here before posting but it still the same problem. :(

I really don't know how to solve that : (

Chastity@ASUS
09-27-2011, 09:33 PM
I'd check to see if you have a stuck key, or touchpad button.

Syffer
09-27-2011, 10:13 PM
I checked, but nothing, the keyboard is absolutely normal : ( touchpad too.
I notified that when the" wrong password appear" (so when the bug stop) i can't use Enter, need to use the touchpad/mouse to press OK. And enter my password and press enter with touchpad/mouse.
Obviously i don't touch any parts of the laptop when that bug appear.

I really don't know what to do : /

JRd1st
09-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Are there any letters in the area where you type your password or is it blank?

Also, does your keyboard work normally once you are logged in?

Syffer
09-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Ok, I think i found the bug.
I went to BIOS so see if I was missing something, and a window for editing an options get into a popping/depoping loop like windows login !
So i touched my keyboard in some parts and found that when i press between Enter and the numpad (area with nothing on it)just near Enter then the loop finished.
So I guess it's a hardware problem :(. The thing is, in Windows i've not this problem, and that's really weird. : /

Do I need to send it to asus support ? : /

JRd1st
09-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Sounds like something of a hardware problem. :(

Personally, I think you should try to get an exchange from your retailer before you go the Asus RMA route. This way you won't be without a laptop.