PDA

View Full Version : G53J Problems

exosirus
03-09-2014, 10:21 PM
So a friend of mine purchased this laptop (it is now out of warranty) but doesn't know much about computers and i'm trying to help him out.

The laptop he has is a G53J
MOBO is G53JW

He was playing a game called SMITE a few months ago and the screen just went black, keyboard was still lit up and you could hear the laptop running (just no display) so he turned the pc off and it would not turn back on. Tried taking out the power adapter and clicking the power button, tried holding power for a few seconds and nothing.

Keep in mind my friend doesn't know much about computers and decided to open this thing up and unplug cables (two blue cables that said MB on them) he broke a black clip on one of these that made sure it would stay plugged into the MOBO.

He brought the laptop to a local pc shop and the guy seemed to have no interest in actually checking to see what was wrong and said the MOBO is fried and to buy a new laptop.

My big question is if he actually does need to buy a new MOBO or not and if so i don't think ROG sells the G53JW mother board anymore.

Hawkeyexx
03-09-2014, 10:50 PM
There are people that will repair laptops for a great price. I sent my DellXPS out for repairs and have been using it for over 2 years.

I'm not sure if we can post a link on this forum. Please type in the model number on ebay. You will find them there.