PDA

View Full Version : ASUS ROG G750JH-DB71Frequent Freezes

pstansel
03-10-2014, 01:53 PM
I've got an issue with my month old ASUS ROG G750JH-DB71. I am guessing it is hard drive related but hope someone can point me in the right direction. Frequently (at least once a day) the whole system hangs. No crashes, it just completely freezes within Windows. Frequently right before it happens I hear something near my left hand start to spin up and then stop. The HD light will be solid for a few seconds and completely turn off. Only option is a hard reboot. I am on 8.1, but haven't changed anything else. Any thoughts or do I have bad hardware?

Thanks,
Paul

Al!f1990
03-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Do you did a clean install? Or do you did a refresh?
Is it freezes graphically? If you have graphically freezing, right click on the desktop, click screen resolution, click advanced setting -> monitor -> screen refresh rate -> change screen refresh rate to max.

pstansel
03-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Definitely not a GPU freeze. The whole thing locks up and all activity stops. I haven't done a clean install or refresh yet, I was really hoping to avoid it ;) But if I have to I will. Just seems to me it's a hardware issue since I can hear the spinup and then it all stops.

Al!f1990
03-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Sounds like bad hardware. Do you upgraded BIOS?

pstansel
03-10-2014, 02:44 PM
No I haven't yet. Was a little nervous to unless I had a reason.