PDA

View Full Version : Asus live update pops up everytime I launch a game

kb0sdq
03-11-2014, 02:06 AM
Howdy folks,
Was wondering if this is a common problem.
When ever I launch a game thru the steam desktop app, the game comes up and then min and the asus live update window pops up. If I leave it there then I can go into the game. If I close it or even exit live update and try to open the game which the tab is sitting on my task bar the asus live update widow will come up again.
Kinda strange deal. It does not do it when I launch Diablo or wow thru Blizzards desktop app.
Anyhow hope everyone has a great night.
Happy ROG_n
Doug

noone
03-11-2014, 02:19 AM
Probably not the most helpful answer, but do you need it?

I remove / disable all the auto updates, I like control over whats happening both in terms of updating drivers and what applications think they need to be choking my CPU.

gazzacbr
03-11-2014, 12:55 PM
+1 here. i am with noone.
no automatic updates for me ever. all updates are turned off. including windows.
if something is not working well, or actually stops working, then i look for an update.
i did a clean install and deliberately did not install Asus update.
i would just delete the Asus update program. updates are always downloadable from the Asus support website.
or you could just rename the folder the program is in for now.

kb0sdq
03-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys for the info. I will disable the updater that should fix the problem for the most part.
Happy ROG_n
Doug

Clintlgm
03-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Yea Doug, just uninstall that from Program & Features. Lots of bricked Notebooks from this program. If you want to upgrade drivers go Here (http://support.asus.com/Download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1) Do not upgrade the BIOS unless you really have a problem that an upgrade will fix, then use the ezflash built into the BIOS.

Your signature is almost impossible to read on my screen you might want to change font!

noone
03-12-2014, 01:06 AM
As it now seems relevant, I personally remove every program and Windows feature I don't need.

I don't use bluetooth, disable from startup (using CCleaner or similar) and disable the hardware. Same for webcam.

Anything Asus thats not required for normal operation or keyboard shortcuts, etc, disable / remove.

I don't have a list, but if I'm unsure if i need it, Google it, find the driver on the Asus site, download it and if you kill it and need it, its ready to be re installed.

It would be nice to have a list of all the default junk to kill, does anyone have a fresh machine to capture a list of all that fun stuff I don't have?

kb0sdq
03-12-2014, 02:46 AM
Hope the sig is a bit better. It is the largest one that is available at cpu-z
And since I disabled the Asus live update no more pop ups.
Thanks again,
Happy ROG_n
Doug

kb0sdq
03-12-2014, 10:12 PM
Well update, So I turn off asus live update and tell it not to run and so on. Well today I launch steam and start farming sim 2013 and up pops the asus live update. I guess I will uninstall it now. Was hoping for a fix...
Happy ROG_n
Doug

Clintlgm
03-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Yes removing Asus update is a very good thing to do. It's very simple to go download any updates you need or want. A whole bunch of notebooks bricked because of this program.

kb0sdq
03-13-2014, 03:37 AM
thanks Clintlgm.
Will do thanks to all who provided some info.
Happy ROG_n
Doug

kb0sdq
03-23-2014, 02:46 AM
I tried to make the signature bigger but cpu-z does not allow it. The point of it is that you click it and it takes to to my spec page on cpu-z
hope that helps,
Happy ROG_n
Doug

hmscott
03-23-2014, 03:17 AM
I tried to make the signature bigger but cpu-z does not allow it. The point of it is that you click it and it takes to to my spec page on cpu-z
hope that helps,
Happy ROG_n
Doug

It may be the ROG board that is resizing it for you Doug. I pulled off a copy and it is large and clear. I haven't set up a sig here, perhaps there is a sizing option that has been removed - I do recall a while back a board wide crackdown on sig sizes.