PDA

View Full Version : Asus G750JX touchpad issue

ultimazlitezjc
03-11-2014, 01:04 PM
just bought a G750JX, upon testing the machine i happened to encounter this wierd thing that when i put on my finger on the touchpad it suddenly clicks (double-tap action), i conducted observation and testing, still when i place my finger onto it it clicks again, kinda annoying, tried uninstalling the elan drivers still problem occurs, do any have the same issue?

ultimazlitezjc
03-12-2014, 02:17 PM
maybe im the only one that got this issue, well contacted asus about it and instruct me to file DoA

Prostar Computer
03-12-2014, 09:16 PM
The touchpad board sounds faulty. Are they taking care of it for you?

ultimazlitezjc
03-14-2014, 08:21 AM
well, i had sent it to the retailer, maybe ill just wait for their assessment on my laptop

cyberdome
03-14-2014, 08:37 AM
I have the same issue. I just use a external mouse and disable my touchpad.

ultimazlitezjc
03-14-2014, 11:51 AM
i can just use also an external mouse but i want to have what i paid for, didnt know such issues exist on these units, i feel disappointed

Norup58
03-14-2014, 03:23 PM
I agree. Regardless of the brand or the amount of money you pay for a PC, it is supposed to work- period!

Not sure if this is your issue (you mentioned double-tap) but check to see which setting the Touchpad is at:
Press Win-key + W, type 'Mouse and Touchpad'.
Here you get the options to set 'delays'. Maybe yours is set for no 'delay'

cyberdome
03-14-2014, 04:49 PM
I agree with you 100% , I contacted ASUS tech support, They just keep giving me the run-around. I don't have time for their CRAP. My time is better utilized setting up my Linux MySQL database :D. I also have a usb 3.0 external drive that keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Not a big fan of ASUS now.

I hope you find a fix.

Prostar Computer
03-14-2014, 07:32 PM
I also have a usb 3.0 external drive that keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Not a big fan of ASUS now.
Are you certain the intermittent drop out is the laptop?

cyberdome
03-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Yes, Tested it on my desktop. runs perfectly fine. both of them. Another person here in the forums has the same issue.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?45024-Do-some-of-your-USB-ports-act-diff.-than-others&country=&status=

ultimazlitezjc
03-15-2014, 02:15 PM
I agree. Regardless of the brand or the amount of money you pay for a PC, it is supposed to work- period!

Not sure if this is your issue (you mentioned double-tap) but check to see which setting the Touchpad is at:
Press Win-key + W, type 'Mouse and Touchpad'.
Here you get the options to set 'delays'. Maybe yours is set for no 'delay'

maybe ill try this one once i get my laptop back, the fix i currently had is to turn off the asus gesture touchpad drag