PDA

View Full Version : G750jx alternating between battery and ac power

Landrumz
03-12-2014, 11:52 PM
Hey guys ever since I have had my G750JX it has had this problem, whenever I play a game for instance battlefield 4 my laptop switches between ac power and battery power while i am in game and it makes the game unplayable because when the laptop switches to battery power my fps drops and the screen dims and it does this in rapid succession. But when I am not gaming it doesn't do it at all. I have 208 bios uninstalled power 4 gear, I tried lowering my settings in game, running my processor at max 30 percent. Idk what to do I am stumped please help

_
03-13-2014, 01:46 AM
Either your power brick is faulty, you have the incorrect one that is too low power (for some reason!?) or it's unable to draw enough power from the mains.

How many watts does the power brick list as providing?

Myk SilentShadow
03-13-2014, 02:49 AM
Change your Windows power plan to high performance

Landrumz
03-13-2014, 04:09 AM
The charger is rated Description:
AC Input: 100 - 240V , 50~ 60Hz
DC Output: 19V 9.5A 180W
I have tried playing on every power setting tried different outlets in my room, and when I play with the battery taken out it just shuts off when it tried to switch to battery power.

cl-Albert
03-13-2014, 10:30 PM
I have tried playing on every power setting tried different outlets in my room, and when I play with the battery taken out it just shuts off when it tried to switch to battery power.

Sounds like you have a hardware-related power issue if you didn't already know and you may just want to arrange a repair for your notebook with adapter if this works better for you.

Some things to check are below if you're interested and feel free to skip any items. Unplug any external devices (other than the AC adapter) if you haven't already.

1. Make sure the power is securely plugged into the notebook and is not 'loose' or cannot be easily unplugged.
In case the power jack is broken though you may need to be careful you don't make it worse.

2. This is related to item #1 above, but you should notice your battery charge light is on when plugged in and off when unplugged, so while the notebook is turned off and plugged in, try slowly wiggling the power cord to check if you might have a bad connection in your power cord or check for any signs of damage with your cord.
If your battery is charged, you could probably do this in Windows too and checking when it shows you are plugged and unplugged.

3. If you can get your hands on an extra ASUS AC adapter even if it's of slightly lower wattage, you can try step #2 above with a different AC adapter to get a better idea if your 180w AC adapter is bad (sounds like you have the right adapter at least as long as it came from ASUS).

4. Try a different power outlet if you haven't already.

5. With the notebook turned off try gently tilting it back and forth to make sure nothing is loose inside. With the notebook turned on try pressing on the palmrest or doing what you normally do to check if it has anything to do with physical pressure.

If there is a hardware problem with the notebook itself, you probably cannot do much other than send it back for repair, so you may want to focus on the AC adapter and try to confirm it is working okay as best you can.

Good luck!