PDA

View Full Version : DVD drive would not read movie dvd

adham_dehe
03-13-2014, 02:00 PM
Hello

My dvd drive would not read movie dvd anymore but can perfectly read & write blank dvd. When i first bought this laptop, it can read the very same movie dvd that i cannot watch right now

I try following instruction about deleting upper and lower filter in registry. But the upper &lower filter are not there

Clintlgm
03-13-2014, 03:45 PM
What program are you trying to use to view this movie?

adham_dehe
03-13-2014, 05:18 PM
i'm going to use window media player.

Clintlgm
03-13-2014, 06:38 PM
That should work, it does in mine, so your saying that Media Center can not find the DVD in your DVD player

Clintlgm
03-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Most likely the problem is with Media Center you might want to refresh it. When filters are the problem nothing works with the DVD, But your able to read and write data so the issue must be with the software your trying to play the movie with! Also is this movie on a burn disk or a factory disk? Burn disk can fail sometimes

adham_dehe
03-14-2014, 01:20 AM
i'm trying to watch factory original movie. When i put in the disk, the dvd drive will spin for a while, but nothing happen to DVD RW Drive. It is as if no disk was inserted at all

Clintlgm
03-14-2014, 02:43 AM
Is it possible that the disk is not from your region? Or that your Region has been set to another region, Right click your DVD drive in explorer, then click properties look on the region tab.

adham_dehe
03-14-2014, 02:46 AM
yes, first time i open region tab, the region is not set. So i set it to Malaysia, but still nothing happen. :(

sandro977
03-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Same problem. Driver can't read DVD movies anymore. Factory original movies. Disks spin but nothing happens.

adham_dehe
03-24-2014, 04:44 AM
Same problem. Driver can't read DVD movies anymore. Factory original movies. Disks spin but nothing happens.

I have bought wireless mouse and wireless earphone to watch the movie on my bed like boss, but alas there is problem with dvd drive :(

Clintlgm
03-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Well no one else is chiming in so it sounds like since your convinced its not a software problem, it must be a hardware issue that you will have to RMA to have fixed? or just pick up a DVD Burner from Amazon or ebay and fix it yourself.

adham_dehe
03-25-2014, 01:24 AM
Well i hoping it is software issue. I mean it can read data dvd but not factory original dvd. How is that possible