PDA

View Full Version : Availability?

bombbuster
03-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Back on Jan 15th an article here on ROG claimed,"...ROG Swift PG278Q with G-Sync will be available in a couple of short months." (Complete article here (http://rog.asus.com/297882014/news/vg248qe-g-sync-upgrade-kit-now-available/))

A 'couple of months' officially passed as of March 15th. Any news on when the ROG Swift PG278Q with G-Sync will be available? I intend to build a system around this monitor and have all the other components lined up and ready.

Nate152
03-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Hi bombbuster, It should be coming in April.

Arne Saknussemm
03-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately the small print stated they were talking about months of a little known moon orbiting Jupiter (Themisto) so April is a bonus...could have been 9 earth months :D

kkn
03-17-2014, 04:39 PM
the monitor will only take minidisplay port , and for multi setup ( if so is ) you need a card that have multi outputs ( minidisplay ports ) or several cards in sli/xfire.

_
03-18-2014, 01:33 AM
We never stated a month with reason ;) Since CES it's had some internal redesigns to improve reliability and will be closer to mid-year now. On the plus side it now runs reliably at the full 144Hz @ WQHD 24/7 (which is why we quoted 120+ before) as we're pushing the GSync chip to its absolute limits - we are quite literally overclocking your monitor! This is the unfortunately truth of being on the cusp of technology sorry - you just don't know all the variables and can only make estimates.

ridonkeykong
03-18-2014, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the news. Maybe I can stop obsessively searching Google for info now...

zambalek80
03-18-2014, 01:18 PM
+1
been scouring the web every week too in anticipation of reading about a shortly-to-come release date.
Too bad mid-year is still an age away - at least as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately I just assembled a new gaming rig expecting the monitor to hit the market any week. So, not a hell lot of work for the new 780ti at the moment.
But it will be worth the wait. I mean; I'll be upgrading from a 13 years old 17" 1280x1024 monitor!

Just one question remains: what's the rollout strategy countrywise? I.e. which countries will get it first, which ones won't get it from the start etc. Any words on that?

Cheerio

_
03-19-2014, 09:45 AM
Just one question remains: what's the rollout strategy countrywise? I.e. which countries will get it first, which ones won't get it from the start etc. Any words on that?

Cheerio

The definitive list gets decided nearer actual launch sorry.
Definitely the US will be getting it, and other regions depends (roughly) on the current ROG status in the market as it's equivalent to the Black Edition/ARES/MARS/PQ321 level of premium design - if there's a big ROG following then it'll more likely get featured as retailers will have more confidence to stock it! :) It's great we've had so much interest though as it really helps push it out as much as possible!

lellefot
03-20-2014, 09:45 PM
the monitor will only take minidisplay port , and for multi setup ( if so is ) you need a card that have multi outputs ( minidisplay ports ) or several cards in sli/xfire.
Seeing as the only cards I can find with more than one displayport are quadro-type cards, not intended for gaming. This would sort of leave us with having to use more than one card in order to connect two or more of these monitors to a system. Now does anyone know exactly what would be needed for that? Just two separate cards, or do they have to be SLI-bridged or will it be through 3D-vision surround. Will G-sync be in effect on both monitors and so on.

In essence what specifically would be required to put two or three of these monitors into play in a true kick-ass gaming rig?

_
03-21-2014, 04:05 AM
Seeing as the only cards I can find with more than one displayport are quadro-type cards, not intended for gaming. This would sort of leave us with having to use more than one card in order to connect two or more of these monitors to a system. Now does anyone know exactly what would be needed for that? Just two separate cards, or do they have to be SLI-bridged or will it be through 3D-vision surround. Will G-sync be in effect on both monitors and so on.

In essence what specifically would be required to put two or three of these monitors into play in a true kick-ass gaming rig?

We will construct an FAQ closer to launch :)

abvolt
03-21-2014, 05:02 AM
We never stated a month with reason ;) Since CES it's had some internal redesigns to improve reliability and will be closer to mid-year now. On the plus side it now runs reliably at the full 144Hz @ WQHD 24/7 (which is why we quoted 120+ before) as we're pushing the GSync chip to its absolute limits - we are quite literally overclocking your monitor! This is the unfortunately truth of being on the cusp of technology sorry - you just don't know all the variables and can only make estimates.

Now that's awesome news to my ears 144Hz oh yeah very kewl..

kkn
03-27-2014, 08:25 PM
i would guess around 2'nd quarter.
so around april some time.
the cost have been guessed to around $800 per monitor.

http://rog.asus.com/296652014/news/rog-announces-the-pg278q-swift-27-inch-wqhd-g-sync-gaming-monitor/

Friiar
04-01-2014, 04:11 PM
We will construct an FAQ closer to launch :)

To MarshallR@ASUS: is there a better forum thread to subscribe too, to know when you guys are closer to launch on the ROG Swift PG278Q?

I would really like to know when i can send in my cash for one.