PDA

View Full Version : Good buy Asus. I'll never be back.

kingsknight
03-20-2014, 10:36 PM
After 3 faulty G750JW's I finally requested and got a refund which I have put towards a MSI GT70 with a GTX870M. My first G750jw screen completely died, my 2nd laptop was DOA and my 3rd the GPU just randomly stopped being detected windows (dead gtx765m??)

I was truly shocked that in 2014 a laptop which cost so much money completely was unstable. My first laptop's speakers kept randomly cutting out and I tired loads of things to stop them doing it.

Good bye and good luck to the remaining ROG customers.

Laters Asus

noone
03-21-2014, 03:16 AM
no issues with the majority, but hardly a flawless unit.
good luck with MSI

senttel
03-21-2014, 02:18 PM
After 3 faulty G750JW's I finally requested and got a refund which I have put towards a MSI GT70 with a GTX870M. My first G750jw screen completely died, my 2nd laptop was DOA and my 3rd the GPU just randomly stopped being detected windows (dead gtx765m??)

I was truly shocked that in 2014 a laptop which cost so much money completely was unstable. My first laptop's speakers kept randomly cutting out and I tired loads of things to stop them doing it.

Laters Asus

Well good buy to you too ;)

Darnassus
03-21-2014, 03:09 PM
I was going to post to this before.. but I didn't see the point since he was most likely gone for good. But... I'm going to roll and die laughing when he has horrid problems with the MSI.. especially with their 'cooling' ;d

sasuke256
03-21-2014, 08:58 PM
good luck with the 100W gpu and the 45W CPU to be cooled by only one fan and the weak 180W PSU they give :)

rdiscipio1
03-22-2014, 12:28 AM
Curious to know if he got all 3 from the same place??

WinterMisha
03-22-2014, 01:12 AM
I am going to return my 4th.. Its probably going to be the last too.

cmczdub
03-22-2014, 03:39 PM
What I don't get is if it was a "good buy" then why isn't he coming back?

gazzacbr
03-22-2014, 03:50 PM
What I don't get is if it was a "good buy" then why isn't he coming back?
hmm, you signed up to say that?
maybe English is not his first language, as with most people on the internet.
we could all tell by the tone of his post that he meant to say Goodbye.
@kingsknight: if you are still here, please change your post to say "Goodbye....."
(or maybe the mods could do it assuming that he/she is really not coming back.)

cmczdub
03-22-2014, 04:06 PM
I signed up about a month ago when I bought my g750 but just now posted my first post.

My point being is- Don't come on here telling everyone you're leaving. It reminds me of a twelve year old girl who says "Umm, just so you know, I'm ignoring you."

If you had a problem with four laptops you bought and they all had some sort of fault, get a refund and buy another laptop. Don't come on a forum announcing your withdraw. Your existence is not so relevant that anyone cares. No one is going to beg you to stay and it's not going to fix the issue you had, which honestly sounds like a recurring case of insanely bad luck.

Most people come to a forum to seek help, not to listen to you announce your arrival or departure.

QC_Desired
03-23-2014, 03:37 AM
I signed up about a month ago when I bought my g750 but just now posted my first post.

My point being is- Don't come on here telling everyone you're leaving. It reminds me of a twelve year old girl who says "Umm, just so you know, I'm ignoring you."

If you had a problem with four laptops you bought and they all had some sort of fault, get a refund and buy another laptop. Don't come on a forum announcing your withdraw. Your existence is not so relevant that anyone cares. No one is going to beg you to stay and it's not going to fix the issue you had, which honestly sounds like a recurring case of insanely bad luck.

Most people come to a forum to seek help, not to listen to you announce your arrival or departure.

I signed up a few weeks ago, but my join date and existence is not so relevant...

I believe that it is fair and reasonable for someone to join and post that they had a defective product, or in this case...possibly three defective G750 products.

It may not be the contribution that YOU want, but it's still a contribution.

Question: Would you rather know about possible defects and issues before purchasing... or after?

Darnassus
03-23-2014, 04:51 AM
Curious to know if he got all 3 from the same place??

Wouldn't surprise me if it was from Best Buy

Ernie89
03-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Haha MSI even more suck, i had two of them and then Clevo and then to Asus G750JH, the best buy ever, the best laptop ever. :D

Symho
03-24-2014, 02:30 PM

Laters Asus

God choice kingsknight!

I had 7 RMA/DOA with 2 refund, started from G74... Now I'm waiting for my last rma (G750JH) and I will refund it.

kingsknight
03-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Sorry I corrected the Buy to Bye for the typo police out there. I bought all 3 from Ebuyer.com and their customer service was amazing but the customer service from Asus was so shocking. They honestly couldn't give a **** about their customers with problems with their products.

Also 2 of my close friends have owned Gaming MSI laptops for the last few years and they haven't had a single problem with it. Of of the guys is still running on a GT70 with a 670M in it and that laptop is still running completely fine.

I'v had my new GT70 with the GTX870M in for 4 days now and it's amazing, the cooling is completely fine as the GPU never gets above 60c and the CPU never has seen above 70.

I really didn't want the ball ache of the G750JW failing on me randomly for no reason. 3 broken laptops in 5 months is shockingly bad.

Proner
03-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Here here I agree, oh and btw, what a great company who will reimburse customers! I'll give asus every opportunity for my business, and yes, I have to send back my asus g750jw due to a white screen. If it breaks again, It's nice to know im no without hope for a solution.

kingsknight
03-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Even the customer service guy at ebuyer commented on how shocking Asus seemed to be at refusing to help me with my problems. When it failed the 3rd time I wasn't having any of it. Refund please, which ebuyer gave me with no problems at all which I put towards the new MSI GT70.

chrsplmr
03-24-2014, 08:52 PM
We usually only see the few with issues, the lion's share of units sold work as expected and their owners
never come looking for or find this support forum..
That's a shame too, because what is found here is far more than support.

Best of Luck to all involved or with issue.
Some of the comments here had me rolling on the floor.
I mostly appreciated all those with issue took it in stride and refused to flame. Very respectfully done.
I simply suggest check the statistics of units sold vs. issues and you will find Asus is still ahead of 'the pack'
in this and All World Records as well. .c.

kingsknight
03-24-2014, 10:16 PM
I wish I hadn't had any problems at all

chrsplmr
03-25-2014, 12:18 AM
We know king .. 'we' either. Wish it was always good news for everybody.
For those that it isn't it seems unfair and harsh.

Personally I hope you find no issue with your 'other' purchase.
But .. don't you just love 'but'? But .. don't write ROG off completely,
When you grow past the need for only a laptop, come back when the
Overclocking super machine calls to you and there are only all-so-rans below ROG.
It is unfortunate, and I assure you I feel your pain in this, that your unit, several in fact,
brought you no joy.
10's upon 10's of Thousands swear by them.
So know that you have closed no doors here, we will always know you as a friend. .c.

darkage
03-25-2014, 12:56 AM
one more and i am in love with you chrs

chrsplmr
03-25-2014, 11:08 AM
one more and i am in love with you chrs
Well Thank You for saying so. You have warmed this big guy's heart and made my day, dare I say the week. .c.

Darnassus
03-25-2014, 12:19 PM
.... I'll admit I'm jealous of the rainbow keyboard.

QC_Desired
03-26-2014, 05:50 AM
...I'm not jealous of the rainbow keyboard.

Changing the color would be nice though. :)

kingsknight
03-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Well A week in on the MSI and I'm LOVING it. The screen doesn't have them lines going across it and the speakers never ever cut out. All 3 G750JWs i had, had them problems. The build is amazing and OMG the GTX870M is a beast! The GTX765M seemed so under powered for what it was and I always felt let down by it slightly.

The keyboard is a million times nicer as well. I took off windows 8.1 because I couldn't stand it!!! Don't get me wrong the GT70 is far from perfect as the GTX870M drivers are not fully supported by Nvidia yet so I'v had a few slight bugs with them in some games like BF4 where the frame rate would randomly drop to 20ish for a few seconds then rebound.

A few of you warned me about cooling being a problem. Well with the large turbo fan built into the unit and my coolermaster cooling board the system hasn't hit above 70c underload for a number of hours now.

All in all IMO Asus really needs to look at improving their customer service and making their customers feel like they give a **** a about them. I found you guys a lot more helpful and nice than Asus themselves.

kingsknight
03-26-2014, 10:58 AM
Ok I was wrong about the GTX870M's drivers being buggy. It seems like it's the game not the hardware/software of the laptop.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1973216/bf4-huge-frame-drops-gtx-770.html

I gave up playing it on my G750 because it would randomly crash without warning.

KoolASUS
03-26-2014, 12:06 PM
yeah, the lines on the screen issue is scandalous. can't trust Asus anymore.

personally, I'll go for Alienware next time. ( & looks like they already get a 8 GB 880M ?)

plus, they still offer win SEVEN !

ShadyStan
03-26-2014, 02:13 PM
yeah, the lines on the screen issue is scandalous. can't trust Asus anymore.

personally, I'll go for Alienware next time. ( & looks like they already get a 8 GB 880M ?)

plus, they still offer win SEVEN !

I haven't heard of an 8 GB GTX 880M coming out. Anyway, I'm really pleased with my G75VX and I'm gonna get a new ROG gaming laptop this year once Nvidia launches the 880M Maxwell card. I remain a ROG fan :).