PDA

View Full Version : Intel Extreme Tuning Utility freezing during installation

samuelll
03-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Hi, I have Asus G750JX and I want to overclock my processor. I read about Intel XTU but I cant install it. Every time when I try to install it, it automatically freez during installation. I waited about 2 hours but it still didnt finish.
Do you have any idea how to install it correctly or what is wrong?

Thanks

hmscott
03-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Hi, I have Asus G750JX and I want to overclock my processor. I read about Intel XTU but I cant install it. Every time when I try to install it, it automatically freez during installation. I waited about 2 hours but it still didnt finish.
Do you have any idea how to install it correctly or what is wrong?

Thanks

Which version are you trying to install? The latest version is 4.​3.​0.​11
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?keyword=%22%22extreme+tuning+uti lity%22%22

Make sure you have all other software exited, you might even try from a clean boot after logging in. And, turn off Anti-Virus just to be sure it isn't that.

It sounds like there is a resource conflict with something else open at the same time...

Let us know if you get it installed ok now :)

Darnassus
03-23-2014, 05:48 AM
I was having the same thing.

Install the latest version, once you do so.. reboot your computer, install it first thing as you start up, once you've done so.. reboot again and then start the program, see if it helps.

If you have previously installed it (which you seemingly have) you need to delete it, uninstall all of it, and start fresh after a reboot.

samuelll
03-23-2014, 09:06 AM
I restarted notebook and turned off antivirus (eset smart security) but it didnt work so I opened task manager and turned off dropbox, google drive, logitech setpoint and some preinstalled asus programs... Now it is installed and fully working.
Thank you for your advices guys :)

hmscott
03-23-2014, 10:19 PM
I restarted notebook and turned off antivirus (eset smart security) but it didnt work so I opened task manager and turned off dropbox, google drive, logitech setpoint and some preinstalled asus programs... Now it is installed and fully working.
Thank you for your advices guys :)

Cool! Good move on turning off startup programs, it really helps the start up time too, as you can see I already uninstalled a lot of them:

Have fun!