PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my G750JX

Fatality
03-22-2014, 09:23 PM
I have had a problem almost a year, My G750JX (GTX 770M Non 3D Screen) Always flicker after like playing a heavy game for about 10 seconds or something like that if i have stock Settings for GPU, i have to underclock to like -22 core clock and -200 memory clock to make it stable and not flicker and/or crash the pc, weird.... What do i do i can't take this **** anymore im pissed. Making the PC slower than it was built for. Help me!

hmscott
03-22-2014, 09:27 PM
I have had a problem almost a year, My G750JX (GTX 770M Non 3D Screen) Always flicker after like playing a heavy game for about 10 seconds or something like that if i have stock Settings for GPU, i have to underclock to like -22 core clock and -200 memory clock to make it stable and not flicker and/or crash the pc, weird.... What do i do i can't take this **** anymore im pissed. Making the PC slower than it was built for. Help me!

We can't fix it for you, it is a hardware limitation - you need to RMA back to Asus for a replacement GPU card - you shouldn't need to under clock the GPU to make it stable.

Register yourself and your laptop here, and send in a Technical Inquiry stating the symptoms and ask for an RMA to replace the GPU.
http://vip.asus.com

Fatality
03-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Nevermind, I thought it was something like a Software/Driver problem, **** it i wont send it in. Thanks anyways...

hmscott
03-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Nevermind, I thought it was something like a Software/Driver problem, **** it i wont send it in. Thanks anyways...

Fatality, it is best to send it in and get it fixed while you are still under the 2 year warranty. It is a defect, and needs attention, it might get worse over time... it sucks to have to RMA it, I know I did it myself, but it is worth it to get back your laptop as it should have been all along, with a stable GPU that you can OC and enjoy for years to come.

Fatality
03-22-2014, 09:59 PM
I live in Sweden. Where do i send it in? Where I bought it? If so i can't :P If somewhere else then good.... I live in Malmö, Sweden. Do i have to send it to USA lol

hmscott
03-22-2014, 10:18 PM
I live in Sweden. Where do i send it in? Where I bought it? If so i can't :P If somewhere else then good.... I live in Malmö, Sweden. Do i have to send it to USA lol

When register your laptop, after getting a login for yourself, you can click the Technical Inquiry tab on the left, and send in a short note on the problem, tell them that you want to RMA the laptop to fix it.
http://vip.asus.com

When you ask for an RMA, Asus will know where you are because you set up a login account and registered your laptop with your contact information. Asus will give you the shipping info to return your laptop. :)

If you have the original box - including the outside shipping box - tell them - otherwise tell them you want a shipping box to RMA your laptop.

It is that simple, just do the login setup, register your laptop, and send in a Technical Inquiry stating your problem and asking for an RMA, and it will work out from there :)

QC_Desired
03-23-2014, 04:04 AM

This kind of flicker?

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php

Or this kind of flicker?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing

The top kind might be resolvable with a driver update.

The second kind (tearing) might be resolvable with a driver update and/or VSYNC enabled.

If it's neither of the above and the screen is intermittently turning on and off then that would be a serious hardware issue.

Just out of curiosity which display panel?

Start>Run>devmgmt.msc>Monitor>Generic PnP Monitor>Properties>Details>Hardware_IDs

I noticed more flickering (tearing) on with the Chi Mei Panels, than the AU Optronics Panels.

With the Chi Mei panel it seemed to happen after connecting to an external monitor with HDMI. It seemed to throw the refresh timing off (even though both displays were 60Hz). After that I had screen tearing in games and bluray playback. This was later resolved with the next driver update (installing the driver with the clean option), and also enabling VSYNC.

P.S. Enabling VSYNC is not a preferred option.

hmscott
03-23-2014, 04:13 AM
Thanks QC_Desired, this is the part of Fatality's post that made me recommend an RMA instead of a driver update: " ...or crash the pc" from this line:

"i have to underclock to like -22 core clock and -200 memory clock to make it stable and not flicker and/or crash the pc"

Moving to an under-clock of the GPU is a symptom of trying to stop Nvidia driver crashes because of a faulty video card.

Fatality, I assumed you had already been trying new Nvidia drivers from nvidia.com over the last year, but if you haven't you should at least give it a try.

None of the Nvidia drivers crash under normal conditions, but it is possible an uninstall of your current Nvidia driver + a clean install of the newest from Nvidia.com - currently 335.23 - might work.

It is worth one last effort before boxing it up for RMA :)

If you weren't crashing, and just flickering, and have a Chi Mei screen, I would recommend creating a Custom Resolution in the Nvidia Control panel for 100hz and that will get rid of pattern flickering - actually 85hz and above will fix it.

QC_Desired
03-23-2014, 04:29 AM
hmscott: as usual...very constructive advice. How do you make time for work? lol. :)

hmscott
03-23-2014, 04:34 AM
hmscott: as usual...very constructive advice. How do you make time for work? lol. :)

QC_Desired, this is my relaxation :)

Work is during the week, mostly, many weekends too, but not this weekend!

Bicycling, cooking, reading, watching the transition from Anaconda => Piranhaconda => Piranha on the Syfy Channel, while helping out fellow G750 folks is a great way to pass a restful Saturday.

Multitasking while decompressing... nothing like it to keep up the mind while resting the body. :)

cl-Albert
03-24-2014, 06:31 PM

For anybody that's interested the G750 U.S. and Canada RMA guide has been converted to a Worldwide RMA guide and you can try contacting your local service center through this link:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34832-ASUS-Worldwide-RMA-Guide&country=&status=

The updated G750 RMA guide is here at this sticky thread:
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?34832-ASUS-Worldwide-RMA-Guide&country=&status=

For customers who purchased overseas you need to confirm your notebook came with international warranty first with either your local ASUS support or the ASUS support in the country you purchased from.

Fatality
03-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Hi, sorry for the late post. I have uninstalled and installed asus original driver, put original clock still crashed after 30 seconds like all flickers then i hear brrrrr then crash then i go to desktop driver has restarted and so on. So installing all dirvers will work but i gotta downcloack it. And about the screen, My pc isnt the 3D one how can i set it as 100 HZ when it is only 60 HZ ?

Fatality
03-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Cmo1720 is my screen

hmscott
03-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Hi, sorry for the late post. I have uninstalled and installed asus original driver, put original clock still crashed after 30 seconds like all flickers then i hear brrrrr then crash then i go to desktop driver has restarted and so on. So installing all dirvers will work but i gotta downcloack it. And about the screen, My pc isnt the 3D one how can i set it as 100 HZ when it is only 60 HZ ?

To change the refresh rate to 100hz, you set up a Custom Resolution in the Nvidia Control Panel. 1920x1080, and change the 60 to 100 in the dialog, and then save it, select it, then Apply.

Fatality
04-06-2014, 12:10 AM
Still can't play without crashing on normal clocks. Even deleted Asus Splendid Utility for the screen. Still same problem.......... ughhhh :@

Oh and it isn't really 100hz

hmscott
04-06-2014, 04:05 AM
Still can't play without crashing on normal clocks. Even deleted Asus Splendid Utility for the screen. Still same problem.......... ughhhh :@

Fatality, why aren't you sending it in for RMA?

Fatality
04-06-2014, 08:45 AM
I did technical inquiry yesterday night, so let's see...